Thurston Injury

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Captain of the Gate

Reserve Grader
Hi All,

I was at the Captain's call today for the final's teams. The only captain who didn't show was Johnathon Thurston, Glenn Hall stood in for him. I asked the Cowboys media liason off the record why Thurston wasn't there. He said Thurston had picked up an injury on the weekend and still had a virus that had hit about half the team last week. The coaching staff decided to give him an extra day at home to recover and then he would come down to Sydney tomorrow for the Dally M's tomorrow.

He didn't say how bad the injury was, I'm tipping its minor, but I would rather the team face Thurston with a little niggle and a lingering virus than a full strength JT.

Dunno if its a virus or not but he has been down lately. No doubt he will be fit and firing against us. Last week Thurston looked very flat - was thinking his knee was no good cause he didnt touch the ball much & didnt seem to be having a go. Maybe one or the other.

And I for one have no problem with beating a weakened Cowboys side. Given the numbers we have out or in doubt the more the better.

Brent Tate looked dodgy last week too - but he's such a tough Rooster no doubt he will play and go well.

We need to smash the **** out of Thurston and Bowen,they have a depleted forward pack imo,if they didnt let Webb go they might have had half a chance

The Eagle said:
We need to smash the s**t out of Thurston and Bowen,they have a depleted forward pack imo,if they didnt let Webb go they might have had half a chance

Haha Carl Webb makes Georgey look like Starvin Marvin.

I'd rather play and beat a team at full strength than play and beat a team at less than full strength.

This competition is about the best players and teams playing each other, not trying to glean advantage through suspension and injury

Volley said:
The Eagle said:
We need to smash the s**t out of Thurston and Bowen,they have a depleted forward pack imo,if they didnt let Webb go they might have had half a chance

Haha Carl Webb makes Georgey look like Starvin Marvin.

ROFL

Formerly obese man was swallowed by George Rose

Daniel said:
I'd rather play and beat a team at full strength than play and beat a team at less than full strength.

This competition is about the best players and teams playing each other, not trying to glean advantage through suspension and injury

Well when they fix Wolfy's neck, Kings Pec & Stewarts knee & unsuspend Gift you will have a good point.

Daniel said:

but would you rather play and lose to a full strength team rather than beat a weakened team and continue through the finals?

That was the point that was being made here.

nah Cowboys managment specifically told him to stay in Townsville.

This will prevent him partying tonight with all the losing teams that didn't make the 8 ;)

The object is to win the comp.

Would you rather Cameron Smith have played the year we won............even if we lost. (and yes disregarding salary caps etc.)

We would have won even with Cameron smith on the field. You could see it in the body language of manly that year especially just before the game on GF day. We were going to win it and no one was going to take it away.

I can see similar things in the squad this year not quite to the sane level but there is a clear belief there.

If we lose such is life, but I want to see the best teams on the field playing each other at their best. Even if we lose.

Meh, I'll just take the premiership win.

all teams have injuries, it wont be often that the 2 full strength teams play in the GF...

Sure but too many people wanting injured players and suspended players. Wishing suspension on players is bad and I think suspension robs fans and not players

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4