THURSTON SPEAR TACKLE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
He's as guilty as sin, but how long will he get for it?

Will the NRL have the balls to serve justice on its latest pin-up boy?

On previous form I somehow doubt it.

Not worthy of a suspension, I would be filthy if a Manly player got suspended for a tackle like that.

comment now after looking at these pics

6fif4p0.jpg

4kd2p0j.jpg

tackle.jpg

As i say - he's as guilty as sin!

Add your comments here:

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22429212-5006066,00.html

The tackle must at least be referred to the judiciary. Of course he will escape penalty, but unless the match review committee want to retain some credibility they will have no alternative but to refer the tackle.

By not doing so the precedent that they will create will lead to anarchy.

The tackle must at least be referred to the judiciary. Of course he will escape penalty, but unless the match review committee want to retain some credibility they will have no alternative but to refer the tackle.

By not doing so the precedent that they will create will lead to anarchy.

The problem with that is, even if he goes there with a Grade One, he has carryover points. Even if they charge him Grade Two and he gets a downgrade, he sits out a week.

It has to be all or nothing.

He clearly lifts the Warriors player beyond the horizontal and is driving him into the ground.

Bye bye Thurston. See you next year.

The arms are clearly around his leg and the legs are lifted above the horizontal. I don't know how he'll get of, other than a rort bt the officials which wouldn't surprise me. We'll beat them with or without Thurston. The worriors were boneheads on sunday and deserved to get beat.

I think the 'driving' is irrelevant to the charge, It's the arms around the legs and the lift that is the damaging thing. Still, if he gets of, then all you have to do is break the neck and not the back. Just lift high enough and drop.

Who is the match review committee, where do they meet and what influence will be exterted on them?

The issue I have is that not many people will know the answer to the above. A no charge to be laid from this committee will be the worst possible result from the NRL if they want league supporters to believe that their review system is not able to be influenced.

At least once a case reaches the judiciary the process is open and there is less chance to say that the deicision was not based on the facts and evidence presented.

Match review will be done today so to give time to enter a plea and front up to the judiciary with a case on Wednesday night.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7