Thx for 2015 and afew thoughts on next year!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

chrisos

Reserve Grader
Hi Guys ,

First of all thanks for everything this year our season is over now but lets look forward to next year as the 2016 season looks bright!

Question Being:What do you think our backline will looki like next year?00

Snake,Jorge,Tommy T/Hiku,Lyon,Matai---then who at 5/8?-DCE at half-is tom wright ready yet to test at 5/8?

throwing it out there!

Forwards as per usual-?!?!

thoughts?

Its out of our hands now, Its been an up and down and at times rocky season but thats what you get when you support a team and no matter what you stick by them and wait till it all starts again in February next year.

DCE, Gutherson, Lyon, Tom Turbo, Jorge, Someone tall and quick, Snake.
I don't think Hiku is good enough any more, and Matai is past his best. We need youth, pace and height in our backline. Tom Turbo is a must, not necessarily on the wing. Get him plenty of ball and we'll be dangerous.
If the NRL continue to allow the fifth tackle kick-to-the-wing-and-hope tactic to continue then we should recruit from basketball or AFL. The Edric Lee winger will become the norm.

Killer to 5/8, give guys like Pearsell and Wright another year in ressies to build some skills, and call of them is killer is injured. Then bring them up on 2017.

Gutho or Hiku to centre, then Tom T comes into the side.

Strangely enough Phil Gould had Hiku as one of the top wingers in the comp and while i greatly respect his opinion, I'd have to watch a lot of replays to see why he believes as such... or maybe he's just looking to recruit him to Penrith. He's safe, his defence on the wing is questionable and while I think he's slow (or looks slow) he does score a lot of tries.

Everyone on here knows what the problem has been this year. It started with all the crap about DCE and Foz, which definitely caused a distraction for those two players, but it actually goes back deeper than that and it was the sacking of Glenn Stewart last year and the bitterness it caused among some of the senior playing group. Toove's lost the group, or many of them at least, and they demonstrably lost the passion they'd had which seemed to implode early in the season.

Add to that that we literally lost 3 recent State of Origin forwards (King, Watmough and Stewart) and if you take some Stout out of the six pack, you eventually end up with Pale Ale. It may be nice to look at and easy to swallow, but it's not going to make the opposition 'Chuck with fear'.

We had huge injuries to our forwards this year and we were starting below par anyway. We lost a lot of speed up front when both Buhrer and Lawrence came down with injuries which meant we very rarely pushed and broke the defensive line through the forwards and that's where Manly has always succeeded in providing space and momentum for the backline.

So to 2016. I think we have a bit of grunt back. Opposition players will try and avoid running at Jake T and Myles as they both hit hard and apparently hurt, but the back row worries me as I wonder where the mongrel is coming from. Buhrer is probably more of the Menzies mould, fast, classic tackler but not quite there yet and then I look at the rest and think....'void'.

I think we have to wait another year when Demetriou, Knight and a couple of others develop. Next year I see as just development and can't see us finishing in the Top 8 but if we do it will be 7th or 8th.

• 👍
Reactions: Baz
If Jake T gets better next year we will be okay.
I wouldn't say we will be definitely ok because Front Rowers Don't mature till they are 26 but we need a leader there to nurture these young forwards and I think Mase helped him a lot in this area. I just feel we need 2 more really good signings but not pensioners. Tom Trobjevic is not a winger he needs to be Fullback but that will be for a while yet till Snake retires. Someone needs to teach our wingers stay on your man. Killer and Skivvy are more than capable of handling their positions . What we all have to realise we can only have 13 Players on the Field at one time. Everyone has their Favourites but realistically can they do the Job. I feel the Club is going to Fail in our Recruitment Area. It Hasn't been that good for a few years now. But That is just my opinion. I'm just a Fan.

I think Hiku's best position is centre, then fullback and thats where he has played for NZ. If Lyon plays 5/8 then move Hiku, Tom T to the wing in attack and do the Broncos style swap on the last for kick returns.

Guthbo to be the backup 1-6

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4