tigers after g rose

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mudgeagle

Reserve Grader
have heard this morning that George Rose will be signing with the tigers asap free up a bit more money , seems to me that Tove's is cleaning the decks for a go at the market , would not be surprised if more end up going .

What position do we need to fill ? If he is selling it might be to just free up cap space in case we have to pay out any bonuses. We must be close to the cap with all the time it took to register Brett's contract.

Clearing the decks for a go at the market ?? I'd say we've already been to market with the signings for this year and he is trying to balance the books. Same situation with Kitey I would guess.

I wish Gorgeous all the best if it is true :angel:

Not up to Manly standards on the field, but will be a loss all the same.

Chip and Chase said:
Clearing the decks for a go at the market ?? I'd say we've already been to market with the signings for this year and he is trying to balance the books. Same situation with Kitey I would guess.

By the end of this season we will have lost Georgie, Kitey and Smokin Joe. If we don't acquire at least one prop for 2014, then we will be very short.

pretty sure a few of the new guys are only on 1 year contracts. Would like to keep them

It's only an assumption that Joe will go. But if he does, undoubtedly we'd be in the market for a prop? Who's off contract?

TokyoEagle said:
What position do we need to fill ? If he is selling it might be to just free up cap space in case we have to pay out any bonuses. We must be close to the cap with all the time it took to register Brett's contract.

Issues with Brett's contract were 3rd party related not to actual cap space IIRC.

It's a shame to see George leave if true, served us well though.

I'd hope that George takes the Tigers for all he can. I doubt that he would get a run with us, given the talent we have up front. Good luck to him.

Brissie, Manly were very good to George, paying him for the year he was out and then r-signing him. My guess is that George will be paid more by signing with the Tigers. I don't see it as disloyalty by the club or the player. It is the way it is, and always has been. People should sign up for club membership because they support the club, not individual players.

George is a loyal club man but that counts for nothing. Sad this is what happens in NRL today. No wonder fans baulk at club membership.

typical tigers though, after being linked to kitey and george off and on for years they sign the wrong one, when they desperately need a few leaders and legends, they go for george. I like george and he is a good player but they need a whole different approach. I honestly hope he doesnt go there for his sake as his career will not go forward there

HappilyManly said:
I wish Gorgeous all the best if it is true :angel:

Not up to Manly standards on the field, but will be a loss all the same.

He played in a winning GF team and played many good games for us, was well up to standard and performed well for Manly over many years

'up to standard' means This Year, not past years. George is on the outer for some reason, and he should move on. I see he's not setting the NSW Cup side on fire either. Kiwi EAgle, defender of the fallen.

Brissie Kid said:
George is a loyal club man but that counts for nothing. Sad this is what happens in NRL today. No wonder fans baulk at club membership.

Club re-signed him despite no guarantees of him returning from his 2007 injury. They've been more than loyal to him, especially when he was at his most vulnerable career-wise.

______________________________________________________-

Manly vows to look after Rose:
Read, Brent. The Australian 31 May 2007:
MANLY has approached the NRL for salary-cap relief as it prepares to throw injured forward George Rose a lifeline by offering him a contract for next season -- even though he may not be fit to play.

Rose, a cult figure on Sydney's northern beaches, sustained a compound fracture in his right ankle against Melbourne last Saturday night.

The hugely popular prop has undergone operations to repair a broken fibula and badly torn deltoid ligament. His manager is scheduled to meet Manly chief executive Grant Mayer today to discuss the club's plans for Rose.

Rose spurned a two-year deal from the Sea Eagles last year, instead signing a contract that expires at the end of this season. His contract includes a payment of $1000 per game, which means he stands to lose more than $10,000 as a result of his injuries.

However, Sea Eagles officials are prepared to pay Rose regardless and will make him an offer for next season even though his career is under a cloud.

Mayer said the club was prepared to offer Rose a contract that could result in him earning more than $50,000 in 2008, even if he didn't play.

"We want special consideration under the rules of the cap to allow us to offer a contract to George that will minimise any financial fall-out from long-term injury," Mayer said. "For us it is important that the kid is looked after. He may never play football again."

Rose was among the front-rowers being targeted by Newcastle for next season, but his injury setback has seen the Knights' interest wane. Rose will be unable to run until Christmas and, given his size and the nature of the injuries, faces a significant period of rehabilitation and fitness training before being ready to play.

People need to get over the word loyalty. There is no loyalty in business. We're here to put the best team on the field we can. We're not here to harbor under performing players. He's not going so well in the NSW cup side so he is 1 of 3 things.

1. Unfit
2. In really bad form
3. Not interested in proving himself. Maybe he feels reserve grade is below him? Bad attitude to have.

Doesn't have a future at Manly sadly for him, his only way forward is at another club.

DSM5 said:
'up to standard' means This Year, not past years. George is on the outer for some reason, and he should move on. I see he's not setting the NSW Cup side on fire either. Kiwi EAgle, defender of the fallen.

Just pointing out that this time last year, the same stuff was being said and he came back well, people on here also said he played well in the All Stars game and looked set for a big year just 6 weeks ago

Havent seen any of the NSW Cup really so can't judge that, Fairy said he went pretty well in our win last week though.

If he gets a crack I have no reason to believe he wouldn't come back well either, same as last year where the likes of Skinner got a run before him. For mine keeping your depth in the front row is important.

Rose is awesome and I hope he does get a 1st grade opportunity and if that is elsewhere so be it, Tigers mail also that Joel Clinton and Ray Cashmere have both been mentioned alongside John Skandalis if the injury run continues.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4