Tigers team of 15 years

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
So the Tigers announced their greatest team (Wests Tigers, last 15 years) and with no disrespect to some pretty good players, its fairly ordinary.

1.Hodgson
2.Richards
3.Lawrence
4.Whatuira
5.Tuiaki
6.Marshall
7.Prince
8.Woods
9.Farah
10.Skandalis
11.Ellis
12.O'Neil
13.Fulton

14.Payton
15.Galea
16.Laffranchi
17.Heighington

For mine, Marshall, Farah and Ellis are the only genuine class players (Woods could get there) and this got me thinking, would a Manly second 11 beat this team

If you consider this our 1st lineup

1.Stewart
2.Robertson
3.Lyon
4.Matai
5.Hopoate
6.Foran
7.Cherry-Evans
8.Kite
9.Ballin
10.King
11.Menzies
12.Watmough
13.G Stewart

14.Jamie Burher
15.Ben Kennedy
16.Josh Perry
17.Tony Williams (on his day...i'll cop stick for this)

and that is excluding players like Toovey and Kosef who technically played in the last 15 years or O'Meley or Goddard who also had a season or two (don't start a NE debate)

That leaves a second string team looking like

1.Hiku (NZ rep)
2.Williams (Aus Rep)
3.Bell (SOO)
4.Whare (NZ rep)
5.Taufua (City/Country)
6.Hodkinson (SOO)
7.Orford (Dally M)
8.Lawrence
9.Monaghan
10.Waerea-Hargraves (NZ rep)
11.Horo (NZ rep)
12.Galavuo (NZ rep)
13.Williamson

14.Le Strange
15.George Rose
16.Cuthertson (City/Country)
17.Sam Harris (City/Country)

I'd take our boys

Lol at Chris Bailey being an Australian rep.
I think you're confusing him with his brother, Phil.

Haha, i was thinking Phil..................though both were pretty ordinary.

Though i just checked and he only played till 01 with us so if i'm excluding O'Meley and Goddard I'm excluding Phil

Replaced with City/Country rep Sam Harris

I'd put tim brasher as fullback before stickman.

He finished in 2002 but with Nth qld. Balmain was 1997 so that probably rules him out.

That Tigers team is dreadful, Farah is the only one who would be any hope of making the Manly side.

Fair dinkum Galea, O'Neil and Whatuira????

Then again if the Sharks done one Ben Pommeroy would be one centre.

If that 17 is the best Wests Tigers can come up with as their best over the last 15 years......it makes me wonder how in hell they won the comp in 2005.

Even on their best day I would not hesitate to choose DCE and Foz over Prince and Benji. Matty Ballin would be the hooker over Farah (Robbie is good, but for mine he makes way too many errors at crucial times, something MB doesn't do). Aaron Woods is the only Tigers player who might get a bench spot in a Manly side I'd pick over the same period, and even that is a long shot.

I think a lot of you forget how good benji and prince went as a combo in 2005 and just remember their last few years in the NRL, they were the best halves pairing in the comp at the time.

Hodgson was better at his peak and Hiku is now but a fair way too. Whare was ok with us but still very new at his craft and never played for NZ whilst at Manly. Hodkinson again was very raw with us and would get eaten alive by benji, he also never played SOO whilst at Manly. Pretty much continues the rest of the way down.

MadMarcus said:
bob dylan said:
That Tigers team is dreadful, Farah is the only one who would be any hope of making the Manly side.

Farah maybe on the bench if he's lucky. Ballin is miles ahead of him. Woods is the only one I'd take.

Just to clarify - I'm talking about in our current team. Not our best team over the last 15 years. None of them would be close to making that.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6