Tigers v Raiders under 20's Punch up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
and there you have it, the rule change inciting violence.

Canberra 17 slaps the guy on the head to try and get the reaction.

That was an epic and awesome punch up. The bloody commentator going on about it being a bad look whilst using a whole lot of other PC vernacular

I'd have sent more off. As soon as they don't follow a direct order from the ref after a scene like that start sending them, but then again Im just keen to see the new 9's competition.

Did the number 13 from Canberra get marched?? Plenty of (IMHO) dog shots on #19 whilst 4/5 Canberra players held him....

Good stink tho!!

The U20s judiciary is going to be very busy with that one.

Besides the new rule (which i think is a stupid rule), the two players who broke away and kept throwing punches deserved to be sent anyway.

He binned the other tigers player for coming into the fight which has always been a bin. The canberra binning was probably the only one under the new rule and was skating on ice anyway.

lol@commentators...

Here's 500 replays in real time and slo-mo's

Look every one look!

oh *cough* yeah disgraceful scenes here....but have another look everyone!!!!

They were still talking about it when the a graders ran out.

I watched that as it happened. Definitely some dog shots by some Raiders players. Two sent off and two sin binned.

Agree about the ref. He handled it very well.

Look see.

Players sent to the sin bin and the world didn't fall apart. No need for all this wild panic about this tiny rule change, was there?

And if the big fear does eventuate - a coach does instruct all his players to throw punches, then he guarantees no competition points, and hefty suspensions for his players - and his own likely extinction from the coaching ranks.

With four brawlers sent off/to the bin, 11 a side probably makes for a more spectacular game.

Tigers 19 and Raiders 13 were sent for being the second men into the fight. This has been a rule for ages. The other two were binned for throwing punches. I don't mind the rule changes. You can't send off the second man in without also punishing the blokes who threw the first. Perfectly refereed and to be honest im not sure the outcome would have been any different if the rule hadn't been changed last week.

Tigers 19 will find it very tough convincing people that he has the right mental attitude to play the game at the highest level.

TokyoEagle said:
Tigers 19 will find it very tough convincing people that he has the right mental attitude to play the game at the highest level.

My thoughts as well. Opposition players will target the shiit out of him when he gets back on the park.
Agree that ref should be in first grade. The new ref from last nights game (Titans v Scum) Atkins? had a fine game as well. Maybe there is hope?

Latest news is the Bulldogs have lodged an official complaint against Manly with the Nrl over this brawl. Ben Barbara is receiving counselling.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4