Tim Smith, dumbest guy in league ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
PARRAMATTA halfback Tim Smith could have his contract torn to shreds today following reports he has again been caught drinking.
Just five days after Smith promised to stay off the grog indefinitely, The Daily Telegraph has learned the Eels are once again investigating fresh alcohol claims.
The club was apparently given the report early yesterday morning and even had to go and pick their star halfback up from the Tollgate Hotel in Sydney's west.
"We've had reports that Tim was out drinking, yes," Parramatta boss Denis Fitzgerald told The Daily Telegraph.
"But until we meet with him tomorrow (Friday) I have nothing more to say on the matter."
Smith has been fined several times by the Eels for off-field dramas in recent years.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...001023,00.html

How many times have we seen an article starting:

"PARRAMATTA halfback Tim Smith could have his contract torn to shreds today following reports he has again been caught drinking."

over the past 3 years? We all know they'll get the lettuce leaf out for another brush of the wrist.

Smith obviously has serious problems but if you keep wagging a finger at him and saying next time you will be in bother and then ignoring it, what do you expect?

Is he that good? Maybe the influence of Joey Johns is having an impact???

He lived with Noel Cleal. I would be devastated if Tim Smith were to come to Manly through contacts with Crusher. Honestly, an almost Brett Kimmorley type devastation.

I'd rather Canteen Worker don the # 7 when Orford retires.

I hope we continue with our no dick head policy.

I'm telling you guys....Crusher and Smith were very close. We lack a back-up 1/2.

The thought is horrible....just horrible. As much as I love Manly, I would struggle to follow a Tim Smith driven Manly.

Smith obviously has serious problems but if you keep wagging a finger at him and saying next time you will be in bother and then ignoring it, what do you expect?

Is he that good? Maybe the influence of Joey Johns is having an impact???

He has had issues well before Johns came on the scene.

I love it. Nothing like slapping the Eels management in the face and he didn't even wait a week. This will have to be a near thing. Maybe he will get away this time but I am sure he will be gone shortly.

I think this is a bigger issue

If Parra sack Smith and another team picks him at a cut price rate then Parra lose out (maybe the player learns the lesson etc).

Do you think, if a player is sacked in an instance such as this they should be de-registered by the NRL or maybe suspended without pay. There has to be some motivation for clubs to take action against individuals that will not benefit other clubs

Hope this makes sense.....

the little sh!t gets another chance!

Eels' Smith suspended indefinitely

December 14, 2007 TROUBLED Parramatta halfback Tim Smith, who was busted drinking less than a week after agreeing to abstain from alcohol, has been suspended indefinitely by the Eels.

The player remains on contract with the club, and Parramatta say the most important issue is his health.

He has now booked himself into full-time rehab interstate.

Smith has been involved in several alcohol-related off-field dramas in recent seasons and the club warned him just last week to stay off the drink or he'd be sacked.

Parramatta CEO Dennis Fitzgerald has confirmed Smith was seen intoxicated on Thursday morning but said he wouldn't lose his contract.

Teammates Mark Riddell and Brett Finch had urged the club not to get rid of him, but to help him get back on track.

More to follow...

I probably would not sack him, just fine the sh!t out of him. If he is sacked someone else will just pick him up and while his offences are not good they are not drug related or criminal etc.

He is actually quite smart because he can go and get drunk and know that the club will never sack him for it.

I think this is a bigger issue

If Parra sack Smith and another team picks him at a cut price rate then Parra lose out (maybe the player learns the lesson etc).

Do you think, if a player is sacked in an instance such as this they should be de-registered by the NRL or maybe suspended without pay. There has to be some motivation for clubs to take action against individuals that will not benefit other clubs

Hope this makes sense.....

Exactly right Isz. Clubs have no real incentive to sack a "good" player because it will bitwe them on the bum when another club picks them up. De-register them and they may learn a lesson.

I'm no prude and realise boys will be boys - and I expect they should have some reasonable leeways to live life like the rest of the young males their own age, but this knob should get a wake up call to realise what he has been offered in life and what he is about to throw away.

I probably would not sack him, just fine the sh!t out of him. If he is sacked someone else will just pick him up and while his offences are not good they are not drug related or criminal etc.

do you think fines are the right way to go? these blokes have ****loads and it doesn't really mean much to them unless it is a really really big fine. but in saying that apart from sacking what else do you do?

Maybe a 6 week stretch with the wino's at the local Salvo's kitchen might ake em up? Dunno.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6