Time for changes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
The Australian RL team is showing signs of ageing, and I'll be surprised if we beat the Kiwis. For starters, why are there only three props in the squad, with Myles having to play up front?
In my opinion:
* Petro is now way past his best and should be replaced, but there is simply no one else in the squad
* Lockyer is no longer doing enough, and Carney should be given a chance (I know they won't drop Lockyer for the Four Nations final, and I think that this will hurst Australia)
* Choc is lucky to be there. I think they will give Bird a chance
* Tonga isn't Test class, but with all the injuries there is not much competition
* Boyd must be in the backline, somewhere

I think we have been ordinary in the two matches to date, and NZ should be favourites.

Based upon his form this year, particulary in the 2nd half of the season Choc shouldn't have been in Manly Top 13 let alone the Test side -give him a break and freshen him up for next seaosn

Fair go.  Choc is the best player in the Australian team - just ask him.

1.Slater
2.Boyd
3.Lawrence
4.Tate
5.Tuquiri
6.Lockyer
7.Cronk
8.Shillington
9.Smith
10.Lahrs
11.Lewis
12.Thaiday
13.Gallen

14.Gidley
15.Myles
16.Bird
17.Hannant

I think watmough will be dropped, i wouldnt mind seeing lahrs and shillington up front, plus the bench looks more steady !

I didn't know Hannant was in the squad? Are you sure?

Better team than the one Sheen selected.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1288581362[/time]

I just checked. Hannant isn't in the squad. As I original stated, there are only three props in the 24, with Myles filling in...
very poor selection as you need at least four props in each match. Who would play prop if one of our 3/4 got hurt?

yeh sorry i just read that hannant isnt in the squad, i was under the impression he was, id have to place either Dean young or Choc in there, id rather choc, but he didnt help himself out on the weekend, whats with his little crab walk and gumby pass to no one ? If that was a manly game there would have been no one there to scoop up that loose ball that lewis scored off. i just love seeing the bloke run hard and straight ! it would be good if he could run hard at the line then throw the deep decoy pass to brett, but the chances of watmough learning how to pass.

love the bloke ! from now on im going to call him zoidberg, a little character from a show called futurama, hes a crab looking thing ! its dropmough for sure !

Maybe he just misses Ox so much and thats why he runs sideways.  I think we can only hope for the Good choc in 2011.

Amazing how the bloke was 2nd in the squad this season for average metres when he only runs sideways !! ;)

Often in life we have to take one step backwards before we can take two steps forward. I guess some people just cut to the chase and go sideways.

Copa Eagle link said:
love the bloke ! from now on im going to call him zoidberg, a little character from a show called futurama, hes a crab looking thing ! its dropmough for sure !

Please don't talk about Steve Bell like that. He may have looked odd but there's no need to call him a crab person.

hey ive just noticed '' ive been here a while '' surely Des has to adress this crab style run, i watched some highlights of the WCC when watmough burst through a whole and it looked awesome ! Brent kite does it to ! if we can get all the forwards going straight then watch DCE & Foran do their thing !

I cringed every time Choc got the ball. He seems to have lost a bit of weight, muscle, size? His few good games for NSW in 2009 seem to be still carrying over into all forms if the game. How long is this going to last for?

Tonga is crap...totally out of place in test football. Why Boyd isn't in there is beyond me.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6