Time for NRL boss Dave Smith to listen to the fans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Playing Sydney finals on a Sunday afternoon would help.

Just saw on Fox Sports the 1988 Balmain vs Sharks final at the SFS. There were over 34000 there. The game they showed before it was Norths & Penrith from 1991 and it looked to be a full SFS too.

The code has gone backwards over past 25 years by the look of that.

Brissie Kid said:
Playing Sydney finals on a Sunday afternoon would help.

Just saw on Fox Sports the 1988 Balmain vs Sharks final at the SFS. There were over 34000 there. The game they showed before it was Norths & Penrith from 1991 and it looked to be a full SFS too.

The code has gone backwards over past 25 years by the look of that.

For sure. If Manly's prelim was being played on Sunday arvo & not Fri night there would be 4 people going from my household instead of 0 because it's impossible for us to get there in time. I am sure there are plenty of other people in the same boat. The crowd would be at least 20K higher I reckon.

lsz said:
Does match entertainment really matter for most?

I would love all three grades before the game...or does that count towards pre-match entertainment

To me pre match entertainment doesn't really matter.
Last Friday night we rocked up at about 7.15 as we figured kick off wasn't going to be until 8.00 or after.
I think it was the Presets that were playing but of course the stage was facing the corporates so seeing the back of a band doesn't really interest me, the sound is always less than average and it's not their own gig but a job. They're like an aside to the players warming up on the field whilst they're playing their new single or most well known songs.
I love my live bands but I'm yet to see a great performance at a big game yet, I think I'm still dirty that I didn't get to see Billy Idol play back when the Chooks beat the Warriors.

Rather than the Sharkies and Newtown playing in front of about 100 at Leichhardt they could've played as a curtain raiser at 5.30 and still leave time for the players to warm up. I reckon you'd get a fair amount of punters turning up early, I know I would've got there way earlier especially if was a Saturday night.

That's pre match entertainment.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8