Time for the sharks to leave the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

tookey

First Grader
Not only are they going to lose Snowden to the knights but Douglas looks like he is going to the Titans. The players are deserting the sinking ship.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/new-blow-to-the-sharks-as-douglas-becomes-a-titan-20110420-1dong.html

I might be a big softie but I don't want to see any club die. I love the fact that the Sharks have never won a premiership and that the closest they ever came was against us, and that it still gives them the ****s! I will miss giving it to their fans if they end up dropping out, much like I miss giving it to Bears fans about no premiership since 1922...

Luke Douglas taking a pay cut to go to the Titans tells you 2 things. Firstly Sharks players have no faith in their club. Secondly we missed the boat on signing one of the best young props in the game.

Captain of the Gate said:
Luke Douglas taking a pay cut to go to the Titans tells you 2 things. Firstly Sharks players have no faith in their club. Secondly we missed the boat on signing one of the best young props in the game.

Agree Captain!!!

Douglas would of been a great buy for Manly.Never heard if Manly made a play for him,shame if we never.Although he most probably still would of signed at Titans as he's from Yamba(2.5hrs south of Goldie)which explains the pay cut.

I think it's sad to see any team that has been around for a while lost to the competition. I still have fond memories of going to grounds like Henson, NSO and Lidcombe to see Manly play the respective teams. Fond because we usually won and in those days Brookvale Oval was so much better than the aforementioned grounds!
Was threatened with a stint in the local 'slots' by a very burly senior copper (under his breath - because the Summary Offences Act had been repealed) at Henson Park after I gave it to the Jets, when they squandered a half-time lead and Manly came back for a draw. It was 1981. I replied 'Yes Sir', piped down and got the hell out of Dodge!

Now I hate the Sharks as much as the next MWSE supporter but there is no way that I'd like to see them fold, nor do I think they will. If the Central Coast apparently needs a team then the Shire definitely needs a team. Cronulla are reasonably well supported in the south/south west as well.

Snowden & Douglas are massive losses no doubt but it's not the end of the world for them, everyone one is replacable. The Sharks will have a massive amount of room to work within their salary cap going into next season. They have bought well recently so it'll be interesting to see what Flanagan can do with the resources at his disposal (as long as they keep Pomeroy - That bloke is pure comedy gold).

For me the real question lies with the Fold Coast. How are they throwing so much money around? Correct me if I'm wrong but the only decent player they seem to be losing is Friend, & his wage wont even pay for Idris. Sure they lost Rogers but he wouldn't have been on much at all. They are more suss than the Dogs IMO.

Why would we want anyone out? Manly almost died during the superleague war for the principal that every team deserves its place (and yes I'm aware of what the sharks did).

Besides, if the sharks go, we're next on peoples lists as the club whose loss would have the least impact. The way some of you see the sharks is the way many people accross the country see us. It's a **** way to look at things.

DSM5 said:
Most of the rest should locate to Perth.

I'd love for there to be a Perth team.. I'm moving there next year and at least it'd be convenient to watch 1 Manly game live!

exactly Duff, I am shocked how little people value Manly anymore! We are becoming like them, irrevelant, no newspaper stories, no major sponsor seeing us as a good thing. I can't believe after 2008 that our organisation is where we are!! How!!! We were on the cusp of a mini dynasty whe we won NRL and world championship.

So kick a team out of the comp because 2 of there front rowers sign elsewhere. WOW

They have as much right to be in the comp as anyone until it becomes evident that financially they cant survive. Then they have to make whatever decision they have available at the time

While i fully understand why people dont like them as a team this is ridiculous

jbb/james said:
So kick a team out of the comp because 2 of there front rowers sign elsewhere. WOW

They have as much right to be in the comp as anyone until it becomes evident that financially they cant survive. Then they have to make whatever decision they have available at the time

While i fully understand why people dont like them as a team this is ridiculous

More because they are the Sharks jbb

Duff said:
Why would we want anyone out? Manly almost died during the superleague war for the principal that every team deserves its place (and yes I'm aware of what the sharks did).

Besides, if the sharks go, we're next on peoples lists as the club whose loss would have the least impact. The way some of you see the sharks is the way many people accross the country see us. It's a s**t way to look at things.

No-one gave a **** that norths and newtown died so why care about cronulla?

The game needs to expand around australia to places like perth, qld and adelaide and even PNG, pacific islands team etc. The only way to do that is to cull one of two sydney teams. There is not enough talent or sponsorship dollars to go around another 2 or 3 teams in the NRL.

I know Dan but I think it has gone too far!! Look at Souths, how happy their sponsors must be to see their brand in media alot. That is what we need!! Manchester United are all about promotion and brand, they select who sponsors them in top of the range, pretty amazing eh, major sponsor AON were 1 of 6 and I heard wasn't the highest bidder!! they ask for tenders and choose!!

My tongue was firmly in my cheek Darren

Looks like Snowden's staying.Bennett overruled Tinkler,according to the DT 2day.That will give them some encouragement.Also,as Duff said,once the Sharks go,who's the next most "endangered" Sydney team?

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8