Time for truth

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Poola

Reserve Grader
We can constantly parade the excuses and some of them warranted like player injuries. Other teams have them and has worked their way through it. Truth is we look flat, fat, unimaginative in attack and lazy in defense. We are hanging our hat on players that are not finishing games or are playing with injuries. Our team selection is baffling especially when we drop a future star whilst players like Hiku and Jorge is dawdling. Our forwards are often ridiculed on this forum, don't know if it's all warranted, yet our best potential forward starts off the bench. We play an aged hooker for 80mins yet have no spark on the bench. Our sacred cows, the coaching staff and fitness gurus have not moved with the times and we look stale with plays that Dessie left us with. If these results were achieved by Ricky Stuart, Jason Taylor or even Brad Arthur we would've ridiculed and debased these coaches,schooling them and mocking their fans. Changes need to be made. No more holy cows. Time for truth and no more excuses

We can constantly parade the excuses and some of them warranted like player injuries. Other teams have them and has worked their way through it. Truth is we look flat, fat, unimaginative in attack and lazy in defense. We are hanging our hat on players that are not finishing games or are playing with injuries. Our team selection is baffling especially when we drop a future star whilst players like Hiku and Jorge is dawdling. Our forwards are often ridiculed on this forum, don't know if it's all warranted, yet our best potential forward starts off the bench. We play an aged hooker for 80mins yet have no spark on the bench. Our sacred cows, the coaching staff and fitness gurus have not moved with the times and we look stale with plays that Dessie left us with. If these results were achieved by Ricky Stuart, Jason Taylor or even Brad Arthur we would've ridiculed and debased these coaches,schooling them and mocking their fans. Changes need to be made. No more holy cows. Time for truth and no more excuses

Very well said Poola. Don't even know where to start, but this group are going to go down in history as the first group in 60 years to destroy our legacy of never having won a dreaded wooden spoon.

Honestly, I think guys like Taufua, Hiku and others really don't give a **** about that fact.

Yep hard to disagree with all that. I will add that i think the players care @Ryan but I think they have a very negative mindset at the moment. It's Toovey's job to get that out of them but he isn't doing it. A new coach coupled with a big injection of youth into the top grade will get us out of this mess IMO.

Even after the DCE backflip was announced, Tooves kept on saying that the club was looking to recruit a 5/8 to replace Foran from next year. This tells me that there are no plans to move Killer to pivot, at least while Tooves is coaching. And given how injuries and the speed of the game are starting to catch up to him, I wonder if Killer has privately indicated to the club that this might be his last year as a player?

Some of the toughest calls are made when you do have passion for something - if you dont give a rats you will accept to watch the ship sink & sit there pretending its still all good.
Well the time is here & I think this thread shows love for the team - not hate.
Tough times is when tough ppl stand up, not hide beneath the roses.
I say fair call & instead of talking about how good it is to be running last - hear ideas on areas we can improve.

Somethings got to change because this group are playing with no purpose, no drive to win at all costs. Results count and we are playing like lame ducks. Tooves needs to step aside. There's no shame in it hell Bozo did it in 1989 when we looked like spooners. Either give the job to Barratt now or bring in a caretaker to shake things up because last night was simply the final straw.

Manly are about to make one of the toughest calls in the history of the club and the club needs to draw a line in the sand. We have won only 5 of 19 of NRL games since the divisions in the team were highlighted by Whatmough before the dragons game at Kogarah last July.

The truth is that the once all mighty togetherness and toughness which were the trademark of the team has gone. Too many guys playing on reputation now and the club is suffering.

The bright thing is we see some of the younger players coming through and with some sensible recruitment we will be fine.

We have done so well to be at the top for so long. We are not playing in a competition like Barcelona does, where two teams dominate. As much as I would love to win every single game, It is the closeness of the competition that makes us love the team even more.

Manly are about to make one of the toughest calls in the history of the club and the club needs to draw a line in the sand. We have won only 5 of 19 of NRL games since the divisions in the team were highlighted by Whatmough before the dragons game at Kogarah last July.

The truth is that the once all mighty togetherness and toughness which were the trademark of the team has gone. Too many guys playing on reputation now and the club is suffering.

The bright thing is we see some of the younger players coming through and with some sensible recruitment we will be fine.

Yep I agree. Geoff Toovey is one of the greats!!! But for some reason Trent Barret just doesn't fill me with confidence. Maybe Toovey needs a new assistant to get in his ear with new ideas?????

toovey is not a creative coach, inherited a great manly side. now the players are getting older and slower but he wont risk or try younger players in those positions we are struggling in. not sure if barrett is the answer... but I sure as hell know that toovey isnt

Very well said Poola. Don't even know where to start, but this group are going to go down in history as the first group in 60 years to destroy our legacy of never having won a dreaded wooden spoon.

Honestly, I think guys like Taufua, Hiku and others really don't give a **** about that fact.
Must be about time for a new team for you Bear boy. Manly's run looks over, so maybe you can start supporting somebody else and take some of your mates with you. I want you to turn up at the Leagues Club after the next home game and approach those players you quote as not giving a ****. Hell, let the whole first grade squad know where they are going wrong and don't forget to give your thoughts to Tooves and his assistant coaches on what they are doing wrong. Your a funny little man Wyan

So where do we go from here or who do we replace from here on end ?
Apart from bringing in Hodges on the bench and Tom T starting
Who else comes into contention from the nsw cup team that is running last and the u/20 's that got back on track with a draw last game with Tom T playing
Wiiliame again ?
We have already used 28 players this year the most of any club
Can we afford to use new players cause then the 2nd tier cap comes into play
Or maybe this is just one of those years when things dont go our way it happens its been quoted as the closest competition in points wise since 1967
Am i satisfied with way the year is going No but i can accept we may have a poor season every now and then Yes
I do believe we can put some wins on and avoid the spoon

This season is shaping as our worst season in history. A start is making Hodges and Tom Turbo full time members of the team. If that doesn't work then we will end up with the spoon.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6