Time to come clean Foz!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
We have yet another article posted in todays Australian that Foz is leaning towards signing with the whinging worms for 2016 and beyond.

Enough of this circus, time for some honesty, If you want to sign there, just do it and leave our club so that we can have players in our team who want to be here.

So sick of reading and hearing about this. Our members have had a gut full of this.

I accept that players move on and that eras end but in my 40 years of supporting this club I have never seen anything like this.

We have yet another article posted in todays Australian that Foz is leaning towards signing with the whinging worms for 2016 and beyond.

Enough of this circus, time for some honesty, If you want to sign there, just do it and leave our club so that we can have players in our team who want to be here.

So sick of reading and hearing about this. Our members have had a gut full of this.

I accept that players move on and that eras end but in my 40 years of supporting this club I have never seen anything like this.

With all the bullcrap going on every year, it's no wonder we have so many fair weather supporters.

For me its all about players who are committed and who want to have a crack every week. I love Foz and yeah would be gutted if he left especially to them!

We are still months away from the start of the 2015 season and yet people are worried about speculation relating to season 2016.

It should be about the upcoming season. If he signs with anyone else for 2016 it will de-rail our season. This is why the NRL must change the way transfers are done. None of this should be talked about till after the grand final of this season. The fans and members are the losers in this!@

The reason we are worried about it is because there are rumours around that Foran has asked for an early release and wants to go this year

The reason we are worried about it is because there are rumours around that Foran has asked for an early release and wants to go this year

I thought Parra were capped out after signing Choc and making a few other small pick ups. If that is true what club?

I thought Parra were capped out after signing Choc and making a few other small pick ups. If that is true what club?
Parra

Parra as they have Hayne's money plus they are saving $750k a year as they are no longer paying players like Harrison and Horo who are no longer at the club

Not after Hayne got on the plane.

"PARRAMATTA have emerged as the favourite to secure the prized signature of Manly superstar Kieran Foran for season 2016 and beyond, a move which would seemingly mark the end of the Sea Eagles’ reign as the competition yardstick of the NRL.

The Eels’ trump card is the enormous deal they are able to offer following Jarryd Hayne’s shock move to the US to pursue his NFL dream, and the fact halfback Chris Sandow is off-contract in 2015.

Several sources have told The Australian Foran is leaning towards joining the Eels at the end of this season.

It is understood almost $1.2 million will be freed up under the salary cap courtesy of the club parting ways with Hayne and Sandow, the bulk of which will go towards securing Foran, with Manly and another rival suitor, the Bulldogs, unable to come near that sort of figure without heavy third-party additions.

Also helping the Eels’ cause has been the strong Sea Eagles influence Parramatta now boasts with Anthony Watmough, prop Darcy Lussick and coach Brad Arthur — formerly an assistant at Manly — all close friends of Foran."

I firmly agree. If he agrees to sign elsewhere for 2016 let him go now. The back end of last season was depressing due to such ongoing speculation.

Happy new year Eagles.

What about when Hayne goes bust in his quest for the NFL and comes slinking home in 2016 looking for a million dollar deal back at Parra ?? Will the Eels get special dispensation from the NRL to sign him up outside of the cap ??

Manly would be mad to release Foran from his contract this year, and we all know 12 months is a long time in football. Make him play this year and see what 2015 brings, we could unveil the new K Foran much like DCE slipped straight into Hodkinsons spot.

No way should we let him go - we wont be able to find a replacement anywhere near his quality for 2015 especially at late notice so why forfeit all hope this year just in spite.

The CEO is there to not make decisions on emotion - as a fan its harder to be so pragmatic but its got to be done. Foran will be here in 2015 and has to be. Enough with the inmates running the asylum via the newspapers. Play out your contract.

For a club that is supposedly so unpopular with the bulk of RL fans we seem to command a lot of paper talk. WTF are these hacks going to talk about once DCE and Foz have settled their contracts ?

For a club that is supposedly so unpopular with the bulk of RL fans we seem to command a lot of paper talk. WTF are these hacks going to talk about once DCE and Foz have settled their contracts ?
Will Toovey keep his job

I dont think the sqeels can fit him under the cap this year anyway. They still have sandow on their books, plus you would think a portion of haynes contract for this season still has to be accounted for.

Foz has said that the money is not the priority for him, which also what he said when he re-signed a few years ago. He also wanted to return to training at manly and see how he felt before making a decision.

To think we or dogs wont get the 3rd party money I think is BS. Yeah that might be true for clubs like the raiders, but not the eastern side of sydney clubs like Manly, Vermin and Chooks.

At Manly, he can be close to work, and live on the northern beaches, play alongside the best current No.7 in the NRL and Snake (a close friend of his).

He may well sign with the squeels, in the end its his decision, but I wouldn't be writing him off just yet.

If true, 2015 is shot anyway - does anybody seriously see us winning the comp if Foz is not 100% committed to the cause?

That's why, if it is true, we should let him go this year and use his salary to front end other player's contracts for this year. That will leave us plenty of room for 2016 and beyond and finally get us over Des' back-ended deals.

I love the Foz. From early on I saw him as a future captain and one day coach of Manly. But if he wants to go there is nothing we can do about it, and for every cloud there is a silver lining.

These articles should be taken with a grain of salt. You don't have to be Einstein to work out how the author came to such a conclusion.

Watmough, Arthur, and Foran have all worked together previously, and the Eels have cap space after the Hayne exit.

So what's going to interest readers more?

A big money deal at the Eels, or nothing much to see hear as Foran is expected to re-sign at the club most of us hate?!

If Hayne was to return to the NRL I'd expect him to be turning out for the dogs...As far as Foran is concerned don't discount the roosters just yet...IMO it looks like this will be the last season we will see Matai and Brett Stewart in Manly colours regardless of Brett's contract situation post 2015...I can handle all of the above and would still support the team regardless and would look forward to the next generation of future Manly stars getting a start...what I couldn't handle would be Toovey becoming collateral damage as a result of the current stars attitudes....Personally id prefer we clean out the players that reckon they can do better elsewhere on masse rather than having one or two ruining 2016....2015 looks be a repeat of last years rubbish already.

we have some quality coming through, but they need Foz and DCE to lead them. I think we can survive losing one of the two and still be a force, but losing both will see us come back to the pack for a few years I would think.

Manly have offered 6.6 mil over 3 years for both DCE and Foz. So why would Foz move if we are offering them 1.2mil per season.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6