Time to move on

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
Can we now lose the hatred for the club and move on. Can we at least recognise that whilst mistakes were made the cleanout was necessary and that we will emerge from our disastrous 9th place 2015 finish (Parra can only wish for that in a good year) as an NRL Super Power again in coming years.

A couple of points I would make.
1. Everyone is bagging the club for signing Ballin and then moving him on. My take is that this was in fact a Toovey signing and proves that they were actually committed to Toovey at that time and that what has changed since then is Bozo taking control of recruitment.
2. I accept the criticism of ZtH completely but the carry on about the Penns and their motives has been at time wholly irrational and shrill. I have absolutely no doubt the Penns are passionate Manly fans and have only the best interests of the Sea Eagles at heart.
3. I said when Joe Kelly was signed he had walked into a hornets nest and he did. Foran and his entourage played games with the club and seemingly intended to do the club harm by engineering the departure of DCE. We now know he signed with the slimes as far back as November. Despite some clear errors along the way they have secured the best halfback on the market for life.
4. It has been claimed many times that Toovey was thrown under the Bus. Toovey was informed long before it went public that he was on thin ice and then gone and was in fact paid out in full. If you have concluded change is needed I cannot see how they could have been any fairer.
5. It has also been claimed Toovey was left in the dark ala his apparent lack of knowledge on NRL 360 of the contract to DCE being pulled. Toovey has since admitted that he WAS in the loop but wasn’t sure if it was public so played dumb. As it turns out it was DCE’s Management that leaked it and there was absolutely no truth to him being out of the loop.

It’s time to let this go and get excited about the future. The Penns are here to stay and we are going to be at the top again, where we belong.

I think that generally there have been good business decisions made for the betterment of the business that is the Sea Eagles. However pro sport has a huge degree of a human element attached (in the supporter base) and at times things have occurred over the past 12-24 months which are at odds with considering the supporters.

It is a quandary, with no winner either way, too much sentiment and we go backwards, too much ruthlessness and it turns fans off.

I think that generally there have been good business decisions made for the betterment of the business that is the Sea Eagles. However pro sport has a huge degree of a human element attached (in the supporter base) and at times things have occurred over the past 12-24 months which are at odds with considering the supporters.

It is a quandary, with no winner either way, too much sentiment and we go backwards, too much ruthlessness and it turns fans off.
No the winner is us the fans because next year the product should be pretty good.

'Time heals everything' is as true an old adage as there is.
In other words stfu, stop reminding us of the many reasons we have/had to be upset, and let time do its' thing.
And that goes for both sides.

Can we now lose the hatred for the club and move on. Can we at least recognise that whilst mistakes were made the cleanout was necessary and that we will emerge from our disastrous 9th place 2015 finish (Parra can only wish for that in a good year) as an NRL Super Power again in coming years.

A couple of points I would make.
1. Everyone is bagging the club for signing Ballin and then moving him on. My take is that this was in fact a Toovey signing and proves that they were actually committed to Toovey at that time and that what has changed since then is Bozo taking control of recruitment.
2. I accept the criticism of ZtH completely but the carry on about the Penns and their motives has been at time wholly irrational and shrill. I have absolutely no doubt the Penns are passionate Manly fans and have only the best interests of the Sea Eagles at heart.
3. I said when Joe Kelly was signed he had walked into a hornets nest and he did. Foran and his entourage played games with the club and seemingly intended to do the club harm by engineering the departure of DCE. We now know he signed with the slimes as far back as November. Despite some clear errors along the way they have secured the best halfback on the market for life.
4. It has been claimed many times that Toovey was thrown under the Bus. Toovey was informed long before it went public that he was on thin ice and then gone and was in fact paid out in full. If you have concluded change is needed I cannot see how they could have been any fairer.
5. It has also been claimed Toovey was left in the dark ala his apparent lack of knowledge on NRL 360 of the contract to DCE being pulled. Toovey has since admitted that he WAS in the loop but wasn’t sure if it was public so played dumb. As it turns out it was DCE’s Management that leaked it and there was absolutely no truth to him being out of the loop.

It’s time to let this go and get excited about the future. The Penns are here to stay and we are going to be at the top again, where we belong.
Nice post, I guess the same posters who wanted to march on Manly HQ when Monas was given the arse are the same narks who accepted the mediocrity on display this year and longed for more.

Hard decisions were required, some were tough on some exceptional people but this is a new era.

Put the crap behind and move on - rejoin as Members and as Donny said bring your flags

As a fan and member of this great club of many years i have been opinionated on various decisions of management
While this is a forum to discuss your views i i do believe the true supporters do move on , im sure we have been disgruntled with players and coaches being move on and voice it here
We can't change the way the club makes it decisions but we can have a voice
But every year ill be back for the high's and low's

I know I wont be satisfied still the Penns are gone, their treatment of a club legend and the way in which they handled the DCE and Foran contracts were disgraceful. They brought in Bozo to clean things up, when in reality they are incompetent tools, just looking for profits.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2