Tipping Comp Weekly Winner Round 23

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The countdown is on, 3 weeks of tipping left and the race to glory is on in earnest. Every game counts from here on, each 2 points is gold, the all important bonus points will make or break a title tilt. The cream has risen and the rest of us are the permeate free, watery, unhomogenised tipping dregs at the bottom of the milk can. I've already planned my tipping Mad Monday and will start the season post mortem once the hangover subsides

Round 23 had it's more than fair share of tough games. The big upset that no one saw coming was the Panthers knocking off the Warriors and putting the nail in their 2013 coffin. But for a very flukey try, Saints could have caused even more tipping chaos by hanging on against the Sharks. Storm rode a wave of penalties to overcome the Knights and skip a game ahead of us. The Raiders suffered at the hands of last minute injuries to go down to the Dogs, in what I thought may have been a closer game.

As usual there was a maximum of 18 tipping points on offer this weekend, and as usual of late no one managed to secure those 18 points with a full card. We did have 4 tippers who managed 7 from 8, and given the massive Panthers upset that'll give you some indication of their true supporter status (I understand these 4 were in the video ref box when the Matai try was being reviewed). Of the 4 tippers, 2 of them weren't quite close enough to the Cowboys v Titans margin, and hence @Dan (our exalted leader) and @ssar (a former tipping comp winner) missed out on the chocolates. That leaves 2 tippers who got closer, and once again we have a tie for the weekly prize. With a margin call of 8 off the final scoreline

The Sea Eagles Fan Hubs Tipping Comp weekly winners for Round 23 are............

@tookey for the second week in a row (on fire !!!) and our favourite Canuck @globaleagle . Big flight from Moosejaw Saskatechwan coming up in an effort to make the Manly v Storm game. Well done to both of you, PM me your details (name and preferred email) and I will pass onto the club, and they will then contact you regarding your prize.

Pretty much all the contenders locked away 14 points, although our indefatigable leader @Stiffi took a punt on the Raiders and has now been joined at the pointy end by @"the mauler", who has been on the march the last few weeks. Long term front runner @Moondog has dropped off the pace over the last few rounds as a tough season begins to take its toll, but still close enough for a charge back. Quiet achiever has been defending champ @Clint who has unassumingly worked his way up to equal second and could be our first back to back winner ever......if the pressure doesn't get to him. The leader board is viewable here

2013 Tipping Comp Ladder

But I feel the winner can only come from the following dozen tippers

@Stiffi 260
@"the mauler" 260
@"Canteen Worker" 256
@Clint 256
@mickqld 256
@SeaEagleRock8 256
@Moondog 254
@"Brookie Brawler" 252
@"The Eagle Has Landed" 252
@Corso_Pete 250
@"Kiwi Eagle" 250
@swoop 250

I think anymore than 10 points is too much to make up over the 3 remaining rounds, and to be honest if I was Tom Waterhouse I'd be taking on "big time" anyone more than 6 points behind.

We must also acknowledge that 3 of our dirty dozen above are the only 3 tippers remaining in our Last Fan Standing comp. These guys obviously know their RL to be in the running for the prizes in both comps. In a nice moment of alliteration @Clint, @"Canteen Worker" and @Corso_Pete are the final three in the inaugural Earnie The Eagle LFS competition. Well done gents, and good luck over the coming weeks.

As always we thank our sponsor and encourage you to check out a Fan Hub near you. As the finals approach, what better way to enjoy a game then in the company of like minded souls if you can't make it to a game.

Sea Eagles Fan Hubs

Round 24 will no doubt throw up some more tough tipping choices and the undoubted upset or two as the race for the final 8 brings out the best in teams.

Knocked out of Last Fan Standing now so all focus will be on running down @Stiffi and @"the mauler". I might have to tweak my tipping strategy in the run to the finals.

what the
how the
who the
when the!

Hooray for tookey!

I read this thread this morning and read it as Dan and ssar won, completely skipping my name. Then I thought, I musta been kinda close... re-read and ca-ching! (thanks to accidentally tipping souths).

So....unleash your daughters (18+) and get ready to party! Because and I think I am assuming this correctly....the prize also includes air fares! woooooohooooo!

Otherwise I might just ask someone to put a sign "GE's seat!" on the seat that I wish I would be sitting on.

Awesome. First time in 100000 years of tipping comps!

Bonus points to c and c for almost spelling Saskatchewan correctly.

Noice!

You forgot to thank your parents and all your primary school teachers.
('accidentally' tipped Souths - yeah, right)

SeaEagleRock8 said:
You forgot to thank your parents and all your primary school teachers.
('accidentally' tipped Souths - yeah, right)

lol.

I'd like to thank the big man upstairs..........

The video ref.

HappilyManly said:
I vote that the Rules be amended, so that anyone who wins by tipping against the Might Manly Sea Eagles, is automatically disqualified :idea:

I agree.

Mongrels!

edit: Maybe greenburg and ritchie would like my tix?

HappilyManly said:
I vote that the Rules be amended, so that anyone who wins by tipping against the Might Manly Sea Eagles, is automatically disqualified :idea:
Yes. Unless it was only an accident. :D

There is a difference between wanting your team to win and knowing they won't be allowed to

Dan said:
There is a difference between wanting your team to win and knowing they won't be allowed to

Dan knows what the go is!

I cant believe I'm being so harassed over winning a week of the comp.

My happiness has been torn into tears of hurt.

:(

edit: no it's not as I picked souffs by accident! so :p

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7