Tipping Comp

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bmartin23

The tipping starts tommorrow but is everyone having a problem changing the star game i have clicked on everything its just stuck on the storm please help

yeah i am the same. also this is the wrong section for this post, i will let dan know.

Welcome to ST.

I just tested it and It all works for me!

I will create a demo account and test with that as well.
I may need your user id and password to test with also

I just realised what is happening

The bonus round is pre-defined by me and you can not select which of your games gets you a bonus. Though it's no a bad idea, it is a bit of a logistical nightmare. I may code it in after round 5 or something.

As it stands I will select anywhere up to 8 bonus games per week :)

Zep link said:
seriously dan, it is one field  in the database, and about 5 extra lines of code....

Did you just volunteer to code it?

You'll also have to alter the calculation code as well for when the tips are calculated

can someone please explain how this tipping works i got 6 out of 8 and bonus game right and i have only 10 points shouldnt it be 14

You havent paid, so you dont get the bonus games.

The bonus games only apply to you if you have paid to enter the competition

You should be on 12. i have fixed that now. There is a bug in the code if you have not paid, it didn't calculate your points to 2

it said we had until a certain round to pay then on sunday when i checked my tips you had put that bit about paying to get the bonus points you were a bit late putting that up it was not up there when we talked about why we could not change the star game its just not fair

bmartin23 link said:
it said we had until a certain round to pay then on sunday when i checked my tips you had put that bit about paying to get the bonus points you were a bit late putting that up it was not up there when we talked about why we could not change the star game its just not fair

You are kidding right?
You have up until round 10 to pay, but those rules and regulations have been there for nearly a fortnight.

The point of you missing the bonus rounds if you haven't paid, is so that it entices you to pay more quickly. There are also multiple posts with this information in it in the general forum, dating back several weeks there was most definitely enough warning

Information: The 2009 Footy tipping competition consists of a win/lose/draw style tipping, entry for the tipping competition is $20 AUD with a part of your fees being donated to the McGrath Foundation. Your fees will further support the site and it's continuation.

Prizes:
1st Place: A large professionally framed 2008 Grand Final Photo, picturing the team and the crowd inset
Last Place: a "2008 Premiers" Rugby League Ball

Rules & Regs:

* You must be a registered member of Silvertails.net to enter
    * You have up until Game time to enter your tips
    * Failure to enter tips on time, will give you the away team for the missed games
    * Depending on your location we may ask you for postage & handling money for the prize
    * All fees must be paid before round 10, if you fail to pay by this time you will be withdrawn from the competition
    * You will not receive bonus points, for bonus games until you have paid, there are at least 1 bonus games, per round
    * 2 Points for correct tip, 3 points for picking a draw, double points for bonus games

Dan is right, it was up there all along about not getting the bonus points until you had paid. I just need to do something about my tipping skills to stand a chance.

Thanks for running this.
Seems we cannot see the individual results for each of our tips for each game of pervious rounds, nor our score breakdowns - just our total points in the ladder?
Not important, but would be useful.
Come on Sea Eagles at Brookvale this week!

Yeah I didnt program that in. I will sort it out in the next few days. I will start on it tomorrow. I need to finish the game attendance as well

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2