Tired of always being unfairly officiated

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kevinward777

First Grader
We seem to always lose the 50/50 calls, always seem to be on the wrong end of the penalty count. Earlier in the season Toove's reiterated at a press conference that we needed to be better than the dodgy penalty counts, better than all the 50/50 calls that went against us. Finally exploding a couple of weeks ago when he could take no more. Anyway the ref's inadvertently helped us today, sure we were crap but Penrith still won the count and got all the calls which helped them get a win against an unenthusiastic Manly. We lost and got an extra day's prep against a Roosters side that is very much beatable as opposed to playing the brother's four, their mother, Russell Crowe, all of Hollywood and every other bandwagon supporter deciding to hop on the Bunny train. Sometimes even when you lose you really win.

Refs were hopeless, but that's a given in the NRL these days. I'm more sick of us not being smart enough to realise we're going to be penalised if we linger in tackles whenever we're inside the opposition's 30. Time and time again today we let the Panthers get out of gaol free. We've been making games harder than they should be all year. You'd think the penny should drop sooner or later…

Only one I can really remember having a problem with was the one where Mansour rolled back on top of Lyon and the refs pinged Lyon for doing nothing

Did see a few things we got done for that we didn't get back the other way but no biggie

Couldn't complain to much in that game, wasn't anything I would have said was grossly unfair as Kiwi said that Lyon penalty was a bit iffy but no biggy.

There are no standout refs anymore, Badger is probably one of my favorites but none of them are clearly the best.

What did we lose the penalty count by? If felt like we got hammered.
Did the 'Riff get pinged even once for being inside the 10-m?
Either our players are the dumbest in the league, or the referees are.
I know which one I believe

The problem was when we got to 16 Nil the old even the game trick was played by the blind monkeys, they forgot to put the trick away when they got in front

They got a coupe of tries off double penalties. What was the prob with jake's great hit in the last 10, where he dislodged the ball near our line? I was dumbfounded.

Shoe1 said:
They got a coupe of tries off double penalties. What was the prob with jake's great hit in the last 10, where he dislodged the ball near our line? I was dumbfounded.

They called shoulder charge on george who was also involved in the tackle

Shoe1 said:

Apparently a shoulder charge from George

The pass to put them 6 pts clear was so far forward I thought there would be a sexual harassment charge. But overall we lost it on our own efforts.

The refs had us back 12-15 metres all day.

The pass thrown out to the left before the kick across to the right for Whare to score was 2m forward.

The "shoulder charge" by Georgie was just a good hit.

We got a pretty rough ride today considering we were at home.

God said:
Shoe1 said:

They called shoulder charge on george who was also involved in the tackle

Right. Absurd, I was right near it, high fiving then wondered why no scrum. Terrible decision. Jake jolted the ball out before George even got there.

Next week, the most-penalised team in the NRL versus the second most-penalised team!
The refs won't know who to hit the hardest!

I don't mind copping a penalty when you disobey rules but it's got to be the same for our opposition.

Apparently Manly are deliberately giving away penalties!!!!!!!! What sort of contorted logic could conclude a team would do that?

Despite all the guff in this report there is another plausible explanation as to why Manly, Easts & Dogs are getting hammered in penalties.

Also we can all see when some teams are doing exactly the same as Manly, Easts & Dogs and are not getting penalised. No explanation given for that. Maybe Manly and Easts are getting penalised the right amount, and the other clubs are getting under penalised. Ever think of that?

Minor premiers Sydney Roosters enter the finals series as the most ill-disciplined team for more than a decade after becoming just the third side in history to concede more than 200 penalties in a season.

An 11-5 penalty count against them in Friday night's 24-12 defeat of South Sydney took the tally of penalties conceded by the Roosters this season to 204 - the most by any team since Cronulla in 2002 and Newcastle in 1994.

Among the penalties against the Roosters on Friday night was one that also landed Jared Waerea-Hargreaves on report for raising his elbow at Chris McQueen. The Kiwi prop is expected to receive a grade one dangerous contact charge, which would rule him out of Saturday night's clash with Manly.
It is the third consecutive year the Roosters have finished as the most heavily penalised team in the NRL. They won the penalty count just five times this season.

Manly, who finished fourth after Sunday's upset 38-26 loss to Penrith, were this season's second most penalised team after earning the wrath of referees on 184 occasions.

The two bottom-ranked teams - Wests Tigers (182) and Parramatta (178) - were next, followed by Canterbury (169).

In comparison, the remaining finals teams - Melbourne (148), South Sydney (147), North Queensland (146), Newcastle (142) and Cronulla (137*) - were among the most disciplined teams in the NRL.

However, Fairfax Media revealed three weeks ago that many of the top teams also conceded the most penalties when they were under pressure in defence and NRL referees' boss Daniel Anderson said match officials were aware of the tactic.

Up until round 23, the Sea Eagles and Gold Coast (both 40), the Rabbitohs, Bulldogs and Dragons (all 34) and the Storm and the Roosters (both 32) had conceded the most defensive penalties within 20 metres of their own trylines.

Fairfax Media also reported that the Titans (34), Sea Eagles (33), and Canterbury and St George Illawarra (both 31) had also conceded the highest number of ''nullifying'' penalties in all areas of the field for infringements such as hands on the ball, holding down, offside and markers not being square.

''We have spoken about it,'' Anderson said of the NRL match officials. ''It happens because teams, whilst they are tidier or more compliant or they don't infringe later in the tackle count, I think they roll the dice a little bit on early tackles.''

Anderson, who spent a decade coaching the Warriors, St Helens and Parramatta, admitted the ploy was nothing new but he said referees were aware that the top teams backed themselves to defend repeat sets after conceding a penalty while they regrouped.

''We are giving the penalties, whereas when I was a coach you used to deliberately infringe in those areas because you knew referees were reluctant to blow penalties,'' he said. ''But we want them to just adjudicate what they see and in the last few years referees have blown penalties in those areas.''

To combat the tactic, referees are being encouraged to use the sin bin and Brisbane captain Sam Thaiday was given a 10-minute spell on the sideline in the round 25 loss to Newcastle.

Referee Matt Cecchin also allowed the Roosters to play on rather than penalise Souths for being offside near their own line and James Maloney scored the opening try of Friday night's match on the following tackle.

''We have had to work hard at our own craft on all sorts of professional fouls and repeat penalties,'' Anderson said.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/minor-premiers-lead-way-in-illdiscipline-20130908-2te7p.html#ixzz2eMOy53za

So that's just great. Now the refs are all studying the statistics on each team and how and when they conceed penalties. It just reinforces the theory that refs go out there with a pre conceived idea of which teams will give away penalties and which ones don't. That is an absolute joke that refs are studying those stats. No wonder we are getting hammered they expect it so they give it. It just becomes a viscious cycle. What ****ing clown would think that is a proper way for the refs to train and prepare for a supposed impartial performance. Daniel Anderson has no ****ing idea.

Queensland deliberately gave away penalties on their own line in game 3 (I think it was). That was the most obvious I've ever seen it. They knw they had NSW covered and the only danger was a broken line, so they just slowed it down. It worked. THey just tackled until NSW stuffed up. Rope a dope.

I'm just saying that it does happen. I don't think I've ever noticed Manly do it. Certainly not to the Qld extent. You'd want to be pretty confident in your defence to use it.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2