Tired of Bozo hatred

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Reserve Grader
I understand people are hurting from this season's result and like you I wish we kept Buhrer instead of Brown as our utility.

But this constant bagging of Bozo is disrespectful and misses the bigger picture. I recall Bozo helping this club when it was down over the years and achieving great results.

He came in last year when we lost our two halves and kept one.

He attracted stars (Tapau, Walker etc) when the club was on the slide. With the exception of Myles, the recruiting strategy was okay and will look much better next season.

He's building our junior base after years of neglect and the Blacktown association gives us a footprint in the heart of the best league nursery on the planet.

I'm glad he's making tough decisions. I like Buhrer, but he wouldn't make the starting pack in the top eight sides this year. His size/injuries are an issue as packs get bigger, more powerful.

Yes, there's been bad decisions. Myles, Seibold etc.. but Bozo deserves more than a year before we pass judgement given he inherited a salary-cap mess, club on the slide, horror injury toll, horror draw and group of ageing stars past their prime.

I'm backing Bozo. I think next year will be much, much better than people expect.

I'm also backing Barrett. He could be an exceptional coach if we ever get an injury-free season.

I've followed Manly for 40 years. I see signs of the old Manly - a club capable of 10 years of domination - returning. Might take another season, but be patient.

Put the knives away, respect our club legends and get behind your team. After all the success we've enjoyed, a season or two of pain is a small price to pay.

I understand people are hurting from this season's result and like you I wish we kept Buhrer instead of Brown as our utility.

But this constant bagging of Bozo is disrespectful and misses the bigger picture. I recall Bozo helping this club when it was down over the years and achieving great results.

He came in last year when we lost our two halves and kept one.

He attracted stars (Tapau, Walker etc) when the club was on the slide. With the exception of Myles, the recruiting strategy was okay and will look much better next season.

He's building our junior base after years of neglect and the Blacktown association gives us a footprint in the heart of the best league nursery on the planet.

I'm glad he's making tough decisions. I like Buhrer, but he wouldn't make the starting pack in the top eight sides this year. His size/injuries are an issue as packs get bigger, more powerful.

Yes, there's been bad decisions. Myles, Seibold etc.. but Bozo deserves more than a year before we pass judgement given he inherited a salary-cap mess, club on the slide, horror injury toll, horror draw and group of ageing stars past their prime.

I'm backing Bozo. I think next year will be much, much better than people expect.

I'm also backing Barrett. He could be an exceptional coach if we ever get an injury-free season.

I've followed Manly for 40 years. I see signs of the old Manly - a club capable of 10 years of domination - returning. Might take another season, but be patient.

Put the knives away, respect our club legends and get behind your team. After all the success we've enjoyed, a season or two of pain is a small price to pay.

Good to have another opinion on here but I think I smell a rat!!

I like your positive attitude 1978, but a big problem they have is that they do not seem effective at feeding information to their supporter base. I understand that Bozo has to make tough calls but it would maybe be better accepted by us supporters if they actually did some decent PR. Supporters are paying for new membership subs in 2017, i would ratner hear some decent info from the club rather than another cap or a sticker in my membership pack.

no rat, just a Melbourne-based fan with no ties (other than emotional !!) to club. I watch long-suffering AFL fans (eg Richmond) go to game after game in the wet to the support their team, even when it is near the bottom.

We give up on a club legend after one bad season. Pretty poor.

no rat, just a Melbourne-based fan with no ties (other than emotional !!) to club. I watch long-suffering AFL fans (eg Richmond) go to game after game in the wet to the support their team, even when it is near the bottom.

To put it bluntly he knifed the biggest legend in manly history

He can **** off back to easts

I too am most definitely not prepared to give up on Bozo. He has a plan, and I believe he will get the club back up to the top very shortly. The man has played a big role in over half of our premierships. You could also say that he indirectly played a role in 2008 and 2011 as well. Hasler after all played the majority of his football under Fulton. Is he shrewd? Absolutely, could this ruthlessness sometimes be misconceived as being something more sinister than what it is? I believe so. In any case I'm with @1978 on this one. The man is a club legend and a proven winner, confident he'll get us where we need to be.

I too am most definitely not prepared to give up on Bozo. He has a plan, and I believe he will get the club back up to the top very shortly. The man has played a big role in over half of our premierships. You could also say that he indirectly played a role in 2008 and 2011 as well. Hasler after all played the majority of his football under Fulton. Is he shrewd? Absolutely, could this ruthlessness sometimes be misconceived as being something more sinister than what it is? I believe so. In any case I'm with @1978 on this one. The man is a club legend and a proven winner, confident he'll get us where we need to be.
He's a mercenary

He cares more about lining his own pockets than the club

If wrong why not be a one club player? Mercenary

He's a mercenary

He cares more about lining his own pockets than the club

If wrong why not be a one club player? Mercenary
Using that logic, 99.9% of players are mercenaries including, but not limited to:

Cliff Lyons
Matthew Ridge
David Gillespie
Ian Roberts
Phil Blake
Kevin Ward
Ron Gibbs
Paul Vautin
Ben Kennedy
Brent Kite
Steve Menzies
Matt Orford
Jamie Lyon

Bozo is a winner and he always has the last laugh . Bring on 2017 !!!

It's a results driven business and his name is at the top of the tree.
That's really all there is to it.
Based on what I've seen and heard of him, I imagine I'd loathe the man if I ever met him.
He was a brilliant footballer and a good coach in an era when, let's face it, we really could buy a premiership winning team.
For me, he's starting from scratch as a football manager and, at this point, I'm not a fan of the way he's going about it. I don't think he has the ability of a Gus Gould to stay out of the coaching department.
I'm sorry, I don't fall for the blind love of a 'legend' that some here do.
I'd be extremely happy for him to be successful but I won't blindly buy in and worship at the feet of The Great Bozo just because he had huge success in different jobs in different eras.

No disputing that bozo is a club legend and that his best interests are for the club. He's been given a free hand by the owners to rebuild the team.

Nearly 30 players have departed since 2015 and the cold hard facts are that so far we have slipped further.

We all hope that turns around and we improve.

Just because bozo is a club legend does not mean that he is exempt from genuine criticism.

As long as we keep it fair and civil. Right now a few of us are totally bewildered by some decisions being made . I for one want to see who we sign before commenting.

Let's hope bozo and his team get it right.

Back in his day with Ridge, Hill, Cunningham, Lyons, Toovey and all the boys, was he like this as well? Looking in as a Bears fan at the time, I always thought Manly were an extremely tight unit, and was quite amazed for example at Ridges comments when he left.

Great post.

I am like you in that I can understand what is going on. Running an NRL club is like a never ending game of chess. People need to understand that the fans are literally the only ones that get emotionally involved in the process. I'm sure although Jamie Buhrer is disappointed to be leaving his home and club, he'd be super excited about a new start and a chance to be a part of a rebuild of a club with supporters as passionate as ours. Not to mention a better pay packet.

I can't knock BOZO. I think he's made some good decisions. In my opinion, even the Nate Myles signing was smart. At the time we literally did not have an experienced prop in our ranks. We played a season with a Piss Weak front row rotation consisting of Starling, lui, Sao, Lawrence and Tyson Andrews. It's the same reason we had Mason on board. the forward pack needs an experienced leader, a complete mongrel and then some intimidating hard heads and good defenders. I think next year if we get Bird or someone similar then we will have all that.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6