titans game is 50/50

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
Make no mistake about this game,it is no better than a 50/50 bet.The papers up here are talking it up like a grand final(which it probably is) and the ambush is set.Their pack is not weak,particularly the back row, and they have speed out wide with a half that is due for a big one(like the tigers game). Friend missing may tilt it in our favour.

I dont rate them but after this weekends results I know this will be a real war of attrition.We don't have a great record up here,the refs will slaughter us as usual and many forget the game in 2008 was minus origin players.

A win up here on Monday of any sort will be a great effort.

Titans have been crap all season there's no reason why they will be any better tomorrow night. Biggest concern as always will be the incompetent or biased ( take your pick ) refereeing. If we get hammered by the clowns with whistles and video screens then will struggle doesn't matter who we play.

titans are going like bustereds. without Friend and Lafranchi their pack is garbage and that has been the back bone of their team. Prince is badly out of form and Campbell is past it.

i took $21 for them to get the wooden spoon (most losses), a week and half ago. they mightn't quite finish there but they will finish in the last 4.

we should beat them 20+.

Like I say if you are so worried about us losing chuck some cash on the titans at $2.50

• 👍
Reactions: God
mickqld said:
Titans have been crap all season there's no reason why they will be any better tomorrow night. Biggest concern as always will be the incompetent or biased ( take your pick ) refereeing. If we get hammered by the clowns with whistles and video screens then will struggle doesn't matter who we play.

So the Raiders won't beat the Storm then? Rabbits won't beat the Tigers?

Regardless of some teams form from week to week, the NRL is one of the most even competitions in the world. I don't think you can take any opposition for granted and there is no such thing as an easy win.

Susan is basically right but the real problem will be complacency and whether we turn up to play. As we have already seen with other results this weekend if you don't turn up you will be beaten. I always worry when we are expected to win and against a team like the Titans at their home ground we can become unstuck.

torana355 said:
Like I say if you are so worried about us losing chuck some cash on the titans at $2.50

I love a bet but never bet against the eagles.my point is that $2.50 is over the odds.taking odds on against desperate teams away from home with every possibilty of a ref carve up is a good way to lose cash.my point is simply that the game is a tossup,particularly now brett is out as well.we are 2 from 5 away this year which os ok but not great especially when the sharks had us for 79 minutes as well.

i dont think anyone has been more positive than myself this year about our chances since round 1 and these games are a good litmus test of how we are travelling.a win will cement that view a hell of a lot.

Im not worried,we showed up to play against a ****house raiders outfit so the complacency call is a bit of a joke given last week

Storm and Tigers are both arrogant teams who think they should always win,see Slaters arrogance at the end of the game where that winger scored,Hoppa,Stewart and co would have smashed him into touch regardless,Slater thought the ball was out,Our blokes at the back dont think that much,they react just incase given the bounce of the rugby league ball

/rant

The game in 08 wasn't minus Origin players. Stewart scored a double after he sat on the bench in Origin for 60 minutes. Tits don't have many Origin players anyway.

Titans are ordinary. We're just making up the numbers if we can't beat this mob.

This will be a tough game and we will be lucky to win it. The Coast has a good team that has underperformed.

Very much 50/50.

4 point game so it's massive for us we would be on 16 points after 11 rounds and on line for a top 4 spot

Cambo said:
4 point game so it's massive for us we would be on 16 points after 11 rounds and on line for a top 4 spot

What is it with this 4 point game talk. If we lose we still get 2 points from the bye so it is only a 2 point game like any other week.

Volley said:
The game in 08 wasn't minus Origin players. Stewart scored a double after he sat on the bench in Origin for 60 minutes. Tits don't have many Origin players anyway.

Titans are ordinary. We're just making up the numbers if we can't beat this mob.

They were short quite a few in 08 (im sure prince was out)and we were expected to win easily.I was really worried when they kicked out in front by a margin.It was only the back end where we won it.

Getting beat away against ordinary sides doesnt mean you are making up the numbers or no side would ever win it(see dragons v sharks and numerous others).

The main point of the post was because many seem to be treating the 2 points as a given.Far from it.

I think Choc & Gift will destroy the Titans pack tomorrow but I just hope they play aggressively and not with anger. It will be very tempting to try and knock Greg Birds head off in one of the 6 hitups he does a game, but as long as they don't do anything stupid then I think they'll be our best two tomorrow night.

I think the titans struggle more so against sides who have a persistence about the pressure they apply.

Nothing personifies us more this year than constant pressure so i reckon we'll pick up the win.

Outside that i just can't wait to see the amount of work Foran does off the ball for the first time.

The Eagle said:
Im not worried,we showed up to play against a ****house raiders outfit so the complacency call is a bit of a joke given last week

Storm and Tigers are both arrogant teams who think they should always win,see Slaters arrogance at the end of the game where that winger scored,Hoppa,Stewart and co would have smashed him into touch regardless,Slater thought the ball was out,Our blokes at the back dont think that much,they react just incase given the bounce of the rugby league ball

/rant

By definition complacency is a week by week proposition

yes mark.My company is puts on a client box for the Manly game each year. I normally am in a season ticket seat with my family on the Eastern side which would have made it easier.Ill see if I can sneak away from the drunken clients and get down there.Enjoy the game.For those that havent been it is a great stadium to watch footy but a little difficult to get out of.Cheers

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6