Titans hose down Matai

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

double hoops

First Grader
Titans assistant talks down Matai NRL move
National Breaking News Sport League News Sport
Date
January 20, 2015 - 2:54PM
Ed Jackson

Gold Coast assistant coach Terry Matterson has a simple message for those who think the Titans are poised to sign Manly NRL star Steve Matai.
Don't hold your breath.
Matai has reportedly told the Sea Eagles he wants an immediate release from his contract.
The Titans, along with Parramatta and the Warriors, have been linked to the 30-year-old New Zealand international.
Advertisement
But Matterson said a move for the veteran centre was unlikely, in his opinion.
"I'm not really involved in those sorts of talks but, at the moment, I don't think they'll be going down that avenue," he said.
The Titans confirmed the signing of former South Sydney forward Eddy Pettybourne last week and Matterson said the club was always on the lookout for new faces.
"You're always going to be looking at things, even if your full squad is bedded down," he said.
"People are always looking to recruit and you find ways to bring people in."

Last edited by a moderator:
You all know who isn't my favourite players agent? Two guesses who Skivvy now has as his agent. Does create a circus in the media to try and beef up the offer sound familiar. Seriously Gav!!!

As I said on another thread Player Manager / Media driven CIRCUS.

And on this joint it's "come in spinner....hook line and sinker"

Mark, maybe Kelly should seriously consider diverting some funds to educate fans in how to interpret media spin. Spare them some needless angst...

Mark, maybe Kelly should seriously consider diverting some funds to educate fans in how to interpret media spin. Spare them some needless angst...
Why? Matai is on record as asking for a release ( monday night football against Stmerge) no media spin that is a fact and if people think he has changed his mind they are dreaming . I used 2 take the club on face value but at the moment I couldn't believe what the club told me after the crap we were fed last year regarding choc everybody new he wanted out and asked for a release and the club said it was all media crap (as did choc) and than surprise surprise choc is released, at the moment the club is as credible as the media.

I don't believe it all - I just don't like it.

Personally though I think Foran will go to the Roosters, but will most likely stay on this year because Maloney is still there for a year (unless we arrange a swap for Maloney). That's just gut feeling.

I said before there is a very small demand for Matai's services which is sad because hes in career best form and deserves a decent pay cheque to finish up (just not from us for 3years at overs).

Hopefully a big offer comes in from the UK. Not that close to Byron but money is money. See the inlaws when you're retired...

If Matai goes anywhere it will be to the warriors. It gives him the opportunity to go back to NZ..

I know he has family in Gold Coast but he has always made it known that NZ is important to him.

lol, I am a man of moderation

This is the man of moderation
the man of manly character and of wisdom.

Plato

We need Kiwi eagle 2 post he would know some young guy with huge upside from the warriors and if they release that player we may release Matai 2 the warriors. Reading between the lines if we do this it may sway Foz 2 re sign with us as the "perceived" (by the players) (poor) treatment of Matai seems 2 have got under Foz's skin

Stop stressing about it. As @Mark from Brisbane mentioned above (and in other threads) people on here, and various Manly FB pages, are being suckered hook, line and sinker by desperate "journalists" struggling to fill column inches and whoring themselves for "clicks".

Today's General panic was spawned by a bloke we all know hates Manly with a deep and fiery passion. He pulled quotes from last year. There was nothing new, and certainly nothing of substance. The whole article was nothing more than a tired rehash of last year's bullsh*t coupled with unfounded speculation... He's got no idea: but let's not have a lack of facts get in the way of a "good" story!!

On Skivvy... Well he's been an intrinsic part of our success over the last decade. He's given his all for Manly, and his career since joining us has been amazing. In all honesty he's been up there as my favorite for years: his awesomely brutal hitting has been tempered somewhat with the current NRL stance seemingly outlawing anything that may deter the soccer mums, but I reckon he's a better player for it. He was brilliant last year. Period.

I think the club will offer him a good contract for '16/'17, but we will almost certainly be trumped by a 3 yr deal from another club, be it the Warriors or Titans or whomever. I think Skivvy knows it, and I reckon Joe Kelly will be almost banking on it. Skivvy deserves the payday: but we've got to look to the future and retain the next generation of outstanding talent... something we've done pretty darn well over the years to be honest.

Skivvy will end his career at Manly in much the same way as Kitey. He'll get snapped up and leave us as a genuine Manly hero, welcomed back with cheers and the affection of the Brookvale crowd: one wonders how Choc will be welcomed?

Regardless, there's very little that we, as fans, can do to affect the situation. There's little to no point in crying foul and going all internet tough guy over it. The saddest part is Rothfool has achieved exactly what he sought: he's put the wind up us and is probably pretty happy with how well it would seem some have been taken in. He's probably spent all day with his d*ck in one hand and a bottle of Chivas in the other: laughing his sorry ass off.

My response?

I'm sorry Phil. It's not your fault that the Sharkies have never *quite* got there mate. I understand that we have proven to be that last hurdle to glory that they juuuuust can't jump, on more than one occasion.... But such is life mate. Suck it up. Whilst your doing so, Google "journalistic integrity". I'm betting it was many years ago that you penned a balanced article, and your "spin" is getting old, tired perhaps the term anachronistic could be applied when referring to your drunken rambling. At the very least you give us something to talk about!

Anyhow.. The above is just my opinion. Nothing more, nothing less. Apologies for the slight essay, but I'm doing the 20 on 20 off ice pack thing atm, and am thoroughly annoyed at how slowly the rehabilitation on this blasted knee is progressing :(

This has really been the silliest of off seasons. If Steve can secure an offer, then I hope the club allows him to take it so all parties can move on.

I love Matai as a player and love the job he has done over the last decade. Certainly been a huge part of the teams success and I love how he has reformed his game over the last few years too.

If we believe all of this we apparently are the ONLY club that has dissent among players and the admin staff.

I never hear or read of headlines about other club's players seeking releases and going elsewhere.

If we believe all of this we apparently are the ONLY club that has dissent among players and the admin staff.

I never hear or read of headlines about other club's players seeking releases and going elsewhere.
Maybe you should google for articles about the Tigers last season.

The titans side for the 9s

No Kevin Gordon....

After years of consistent NRL action, Kevin Gordon is facing an uncertain future on the Gold Coast as he battles to bounce back from injury and poor form.
The 25-year-old was left out of the club’s Auckland Nines squad by coach Neil Henry as he continues his recovery from knee and hip complaints.
Gordon has been in full training with the squad for some time but has seemingly fallen back in the pecking order of wingers.
Anthony Don and Kalifa Faifai Loa have moved ahead of him in the selection stakes while Henry will be desperate to fit Mead, vice-captain William Zillman and Broncos recruit Josh Hoffman into his Round 1 team.

Read more: http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/gordons-future-on-gold-coast-in-limbo-16209/#ixzz3PQ7jytJJ

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6