TITANS V SEA EAGLES -Teams,chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
TITANS - 1 Preston Campbell, 2 Ben Jeffery, 3 Luke O'Dwyer, 4 Brett Delaney, 5 Jordan Atkins, 6 Mat Rogers, 7 Scott Prince (capt), 8 Michael Henderson, 9 Nathan Friend, 10 Michael Hodgson, 11 Anthony Laffranchi, 12 Mark Minichiello, 13 Ashley Harrison
Interchange: 14 James Stosic, 15 Brad Meyers, 16 Daniel Conn, 17 Josh Graham
SEA EAGLES - 1 Brett Stewart, 2 Michael Robertson, 3 Steve Bell, 4 Steve Matai, 5 David Williams, 6 Jamie Lyon, 7 Matt Orford ©, 8 Brent Kite, 9 Matt Ballin, 10 Josh Perry, 11 Anthony Watmough, 12 Glenn Stewart, 13 Steve Menzies
Interchange: 14 Heath L'Estrange, 15 Glenn Hall, 16 Adam Cuthbertson, 17 Mark Bryant; Reserves: 18 Michael Bani
Coach: Des Hasler
Skilled Park :: Friday 4 July :: 7:45pm
Titans V Manly
Referee: Jared Maxwell
Touch Judges: Paul Holland, Chris James
Video Referee: Tim Mander

1/07/2008 - By Manly Sea Eagles

Sea Eagles Coach Des Hasler has named a 5 man bench for this Friday's clash against the Titans with David Williams being selected on the wing ahead of Michael Bani who made his return from injury last week.  Luke Williamson will be missing for anywhere up to six weeks and Jason King is still struggling to recover from his injuries.

Sea Eagles Toyota Cup Team: Mitch Porter, Bodie O’Connell, Mark Page, Trent Reilly, John Grey, Kieran Foran, Daly Cherry-Evans, Ilija Radan, Brad Bennett, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Todd Wilson, Kenny Edwards, Zac Bowles
Interchange: Jamie Buhrer, Michael Tiopira, Cameron Woo, Inoke Tapaatoutai, Jai Jones-Wiegold
Coach: David Penna

Sea Eagles NSW Cup Team: Sean Meaney, Andrew Suniula, Shane Neumann, Jon Grieve, James Mortimer, Nick Bradley-Qalilawa, Jeff Robson (c), Chris Trembath, Ray Nasso, George Rose, Vic Mauro, Phil Morwood, Jason Wells
Interchange: Trent Rose, Tim Browne, Mark Offerdahl, Dean Connell
Coach: Craig Sandercock

Titans V Manly
Referee: Jared Maxwell
Touch Judges: Paul Holland, Chris James
Video Referee: Tim Mander

just a thought Maybe Des should rest Brett Stewart this week as there is still a ton of footy to go this year

I really thought Bani would get the nod, bugger all between them though, must say that i think we have come out better off with Hicks leaving, probably a big call but Williams and Bani are both awesome

As i said elsewhere BE, The next 2 weeks are pretty crucial in retaining our running in the crucial top 2, and we need Brett there to repel Princes raids

We need every win we can get between now and the finals to stay positioned at the top or near the top of the ladder. But saying that if we rack up score line against the Titans say by the 50 min mark maybe Des may rest him.

Jared Maxwell

Manly 3-0-1

15-Jul-2006 Round 19 South Sydney lost to Manly (20-26) -
06-May-2007 Round 8 Canberra lost to Manly (30-46) -
21-May-2007 Round 10 Manly def. Brisbane (18-6) -
15-Mar-2008 R1  def Manly lost to Cronulla            (16    - 10  )

Gold Coast Titans 1-0-1
11-Apr-2008 R5  Parramatta          28 (5-4-0)    20 (3-4-0)  W 
02-Sep-2007 R25 Melbourne            6  (1-1-0)    50 (9-7-0)  L 

We'll win, their backs are ordinary and our forwards have more go forward in them than theirs.  Prince's kicks are the only thing going for them.

DSM5 link said:
We'll win, their backs are ordinary and our forwards have more go forward in them than theirs.  Prince's kicks are the only thing going for them.

Yep. No way through up the centre, so they will be pushed wide. If we difuse their cross field kicks in the red zone we will win this.

Williams being selected is a good choice i think.  Like everyone else i can't split them at all and they're both on fire, BUT i think Williams is being rewarded for his form, not to mention that he has way more match fitness than Bani going into a pretty tough team (finally beaten at home Titans with the return of the origin players).  I'm loving this team so much, but i'd hate for someone to leave because they don't have a regular first grade spot.  Depth is awesome but that's the only thing i fear.

The Titans game last weekend showed exactly how to beat them, just keep kicking to their left wing

Not one to normally be critical of Hasler's selections but I would have thought Bani would have been a better choice.

The Coast winger Jeffries cannot catch a bomb Bani's height would mean a field day for us out there!

Robertson may mark him though

definitely a danger game for us on Friday. They are due for a win, and we’re due for a loss.

It smells like the game at Penrith last year.

Titans v Sea Eagles Preview
NRL.com
Skilled Park
Friday 7.45pm
http://nrl.com/News/Latest/tabid/10244/default.aspx?id=51798
OH dear.

Could it be a case of history repeating itself – the Titans flying high at the top of the competition before injuries to key players sees them tumble out of finals contention?

That was pretty much the scenario at this point of the 2007 season and now, with just one win in their past five games, John Cartwright’s men are staring at the same script.

Their front row stocks have been ravaged – strike weapon Luke Bailey, who missed the first section of the comp with injury, is now gone for the season with a serious ankle separation.

And that news followed Aaron Cannings being ruled out for six weeks with a leg injury.

That leaves Michael Hodgson and Michael Henderson to hold the fort.

But the Titans do get back their Origin reps Scott Prince, Anthony Laffranchi and Ashley Harrison (fitness permitting).

Last week they battled hard against the Dragons but were over-run late to sustain their first loss at Skilled Park for 2008.

Before that they fell narrowly to the Rabbitohs away.

Meanwhile the Sea Eagles continue to build ominously towards the finals.

They’ve won eight of their past nine games – including the past four – to sit atop the premiership ladder courtesy of a 72-points better differential than the second-placed Roosters.

They got the job done against the Knights at BlueTongue last week; before that they were six-point winners over the Warriors away.

The Sea Eagles have gone through the Origin period without just one star, fullback Brett Stewart, who will back-up here if fit.

Watch out Titans:
The Gold Coast average almost 100 metres less territory a game than the Sea Eagles (1302 metres to 1399) and they enter this encounter without one of their most prolific metre-eaters.

Luke Bailey was ploughing ahead for 116 metres a game; he was one of only three Titans to regularly bust the 100-metre barrier, along with Mark Minichiello (129) and Anthony Laffranchi (109).

That places enormous pressure on the forwards to lift their game and generate good go-forward. Without it, even a player of Scott Prince’s class comes back to the field.

Watch out Sea Eagles: Dual-codes international Mat Rogers is really warming into good form.

He was impressive against the Dragons last week, running six times for 81 metres, with three tackle breaks, a try and a try assist. Importantly, in Prince’s absence, he showed a good kicking game with eight kicks for 336 metres.

Don’t be surprised if the ball shifts to Rogers on occasion to spare Prince some “heat” from the Sea Eagles’ kick-smotherers. Field position will be crucial for the Titans and this will help them.

Where it will be won: On the fringes. Manly will try to bust the Titans out wide, utilising bullocking runs from Steve Matai – last week he carved up the Knights with 12 runs for 102 metres with five tackle breaks and two line breaks.

Back-rower Anthony Watmough will look to make a dent here too – he made six telling tackle breaks last week.

The Sea Eagles will target the Titans’ left-side defence – the Sydney side has scored 26 tries with their right-side attack compared to 19 on their left, while the Coast boys have let in 22 tries down that corridor compared to just 11 on the other flank.

The History: Played 1; Sea Eagles 1, Titans 0. Manly scored a comfortable 20-6 win in their only encounter in round 6 last year, although that clash was at “Fortress Brookvale”.

Conclusion: Running out at Skilled Park for the second week in a row will help the Titans, as the game should pull in excess of 26,000 vocal fans.

That presents a danger to the Sea Eagles – they’ve conceded the second-most penalties of any side this year (103).

The Titans lift a gear at home, and will be strengthened by the return of their Origin trio. But you just get the sense this is a particularly professional Manly outfit.

They haven’t been flash, but they know that winning “ugly” is just as important as playing razzle-dazzle footy. We suspect there’ll be plenty of points in this game. 

Match officials: Referee – Jared Maxwell; Sideline Officials – Chris James & Paul Holland; Video ref – Tim Mander.

Televised: Channel 9 – Live 7.30pm; Fox Sports 2 – Delayed 10.30pm.

* Statistics: NRL Stats.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8