To commerate a special day

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagles2win

Bencher
in our nation's (Australia and New Zealand) history and would like to thank those who are serving in the armed forces or who have. (Sorry If I have put this in the wrong bit - but more likely to be read here)

Its a rare & wondeful thing, the Anzac spirit. Australians & New Zealanders should be proud to maintain such a great alliance.

Looking forward to seeing the Anzac game in Gallipoli in 2015.

Best thread ever.

Can I thank those who made the ultimate sacrifice so I can enjoy my lifestyle. The only way I have to honour those brave souls is to remember them on Anzac Day.

Great post Eagles2win. Thanks to those troops, who have made, the ultimate sacrifice for all of our lives. Past, future and present. Lest We Forget

DSM5 said:
"defending the freedom"? doubtful Earnie. Defending US interests more likely.

Mate this is not the thread to bring the politics of up that. I have a son serving in Afghanistan and trust me they dont need to read **** like that from their fellow Australians.

Thanks to all Aussie and NZ troops past and present.
I usually march at Currumbin with dad who's ex-airforce. He's currently out of action due to still recovering from a stroke. Love marching with him. It makes me feel really proud of him and proud to be an Aussie.
Special thoughts to the families who have recently lost their sons, brothers and fathers.

DSM5 said:
Sorry Earnie, I didn't realize there's only one side. Silly me.

Thats cool mate, a lot of the guys in Afhanistan are Manly fans.

They all believe in what their doing, we just dont want them treated like us Vietnam Vets.

We only go where our government send us and we know sometimes things are not popular with everyone.

You must be a proud man Earnie, proud of your son and of course yourself.

Your son and those with him are heros to me. And yes I believe what they are doing is fighting for my lifestyle.

Is he a Manly fan, not that it matters a ****.

Hi Earnie
The next time you are talking to your son can please thank him for me, my kids thank him, my unborn grand kids thank him, thank your son and all the troops that are over there fighting, for if it wasn't for people like your son & yourself and the many many brave men & women of past services we wouldn't have the freedom we enjoy today. God Bless

bob dylan said:
You must be a proud man Earnie, proud of your son and of course yourself.

Your son and those with him are heros to me. And yes I believe what they are doing is fighting for my lifestyle.

Is he a Manly fan, not that it matters a s**t.

Yeh mate he is a passionate Manly fan and looking forward to getting home and to a game.

These guys dont believe they are heros, the mates they lost there are only heros........

Eagle1188 said:
Hi Earnie
The next time you are talking to your son can please thank him for me, my kids thank him, my unborn grand kids thank him, thank your son and all the troops that are over there fighting, for if it wasn't for people like your son & yourself and the many many brave men & women of past services we wouldn't have the freedom we enjoy today. God Bless

Thanks a lot, I know the guys and the girls appreciate the support they get from people at home.

Earnie the Eagle said:
DSM5 said:
Sorry Earnie, I didn't realize there's only one side. Silly me.

Thats cool mate, a lot of the guys in Afhanistan are Manly fans.

They all believe in what their doing, we just dont want them treated like us Vietnam Vets.

We only go where our government send us and we know sometimes things are not popular with everyone.
Things are never popular with everyone, as you would know better than most. Wars are political - and there is no magic rule stating that governments are automatically operating in the interests of justice and freedom just because they send troops to war zones.

Here's to a safe return for your son, as well as the rest of our forces.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6