To get into the 8.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DSM5

First Grader
I don't want to get ahead of ourselves but here's a brace we can win.
Panthers - CUA.  Start strong, defend and we can win
Raiders - At Brookie.  We can win this
Bulldogs - At Brookie  another win
Dragqueens - At WIN Gong.  Hard one
Sharks - Down there.  another win.

We need to start winning if we want to get into the eight.  26 points left.  30 the cutoff, 8th.  Can we do this?  Currently on 12 points, needing 18 points from the 26 points on offer.   
Thoughts.

We need a run in which we win about 4 in a row. With the evenness of the comp that would put us right up there. A few of the top sides are starting to wobble.

DSM5 link said:
I don't want to get ahead of ourselves but here's a brace we can win.
Panthers - CUA.  Start strong, defend and we can win
Raiders - At Brookie.  We can win this
Bulldogs - At Brookie  another win
Dragqueens - At WIN Gong.  Hard one
Sharks - Down there.  another win.

We need to start winning if we want to get into the eight.  26 points left.  30 the cutoff, 8th.  Can we do this?  Currently on 12 points, needing 18 points from the 26 points on offer.    
Thoughts.

DSM5 I think we will make the eight as long as our form keeps building and we don't get anymore serious injuries we should be ok.

In our run home to the finals we have 6 remaining home games & 6 away games and a bye while it's never easy predicting which game we should win ? I've marked the games that i think we are a better than fair chance of winning ?.

So if my calculations are correct than we will pick another 22 points and that's with the bye and that will put us on 34 points ?

Rnd 14 - Panthers   CUA * (Pay back but wont be easy)
Rnd 15 - Raiders     Brookie *
STATE OF ORIGIN 2  June 24th ANZ Stadium
Rnd 16 - Bye
Rnd 17 - Bulldogs    Brookie **(Pay back)
Rnd 18 - Dragons    Win Stadium ?
STATE OF ORIGIN 3  JuLY 15th Suncorp Stadium
Rnd 19 - Sharks      Toyota Stadium **
Rnd 20 - Knights     Brookie ** (Payback)
Rnd 21 - Tigers      SFS **
Rnd 22 - Rabbits    Brookie **
Rnd 23 - Roosters  SFS **
Rnd 24 - Storm     Olympic Park (We will need to improve before this match)
Rnd 25 - Sharks    Brookie **
Rnd 26 - Titans    Brookie ** (Payback)

DSM5 link said:
We need to start winning if we want to get into the eight. 
That is not strictly true. What if all the other teams were disqualified, bankrupted or tragically snuffed out in freak accidents?
However I agree that winning some games is certainly the most realistic option.
On that topic I think we are in reasonable shape. We are 6th in points conceded, that is a reflection of our form to date. In other words we are currently 10th but I don't think we have been the 10th best team. We just need to continue what we are doing, gradual improvement will get us into the 8. Some luck with other results and a home semi would be an unexpected bonus - I don't expect that but it's still possible!

On current form the games we won't win are Bulldogs, Knights, Dragons and Storm if they are full strength. We get the Dragons a week before SOO3 so that is a massive bonus and really our only hope of beating them. I don't know whether people have been watching how we are playing, but does anyone seriously think we are going to trouble in form sides like Bulldogs and Knights, even if it is at Brookie. We still need to improve quite a bit if we are to be a threat to the top sides. I reckon we are about 70-80% of the side that contested last years finals, and unless we find that extra effort, commitment and execution than we will just be making up the numbers come finals time.  

We "should" win 6 of the remaining games, plus the bye, which will give us 26 points. Therefore we need to manufacture 2 wins from somewhere else against good opposition. Will it happen ? that's entirely up to the team, they have the potential to win all the remaining games on their day. I have a funny feeling that we will rue that absoulutely disgraceful decision against Orford at Skilled, I can see those 2 points we were robbed off as being the difference.

basically, we need to win 66% of games remaining...or 2 out of every 3 games here on in.

2 losses in a row will put Manly back a peg.

i think we will scrape in (wishfull thinking maybe),i reckin it helped that the eels and the sharks both won on the weekend,but if we wanna knock off some of the top teams in the comp this year dwarford has gotta stop running like a crab

Chip & Chase link said:
I have a funny feeling that we will rue that absoulutely disgraceful decision against Orford at Skilled, I can see those 2 points we were robbed off as being the difference.

I was actually thinking the same thing last night when I had a look at the table.  We are 4 points behind the Titans who are in 8th spot, if the result is reversed (we have the 2 points) then we are level in 8th with the titans on 14 points. 

Quite frankly if I was Matt Cecchin I wouldn't want to ref a game at Brookie for the remainder of the season.

In saying all this though we may be 2 wins outside the 8, but we are also only 3 wins from 1st!

The slime beat the Knights at their home ground and Manly is a much better footy team than the slime so I'm confident we can and will beat the Knights next time we play them at Brookie.

It'll be at gosford EP but I think we can roll the knights too.

The only teams I think are beyond us at the moment are Dogs, Dragons and storm.

I reckon we can beat the rest.

Ran the predictor, and while it's all pie in the sky this far out from the end of the season it seems we will be fighting it out with Titans, Panthers and Raiders for the last two spots in the 8. Makes that 4 point turn around from being Chechinned at Skilled crucial.

The hardest team to predict are the Warriors, they play Titans twice, Panthers and Raiders in the run home. If they strike some form they could do us some favours, but you'd be taking them on trust based on recent form.

Makes the next two rounds against Choccy Soldiers and Faders very important......perhaps the most important matches this season ;)

Nutzcraw link said:
It'll be at gosford EP but I think we can roll the knights too.

The only teams I think are beyond us at the moment are Dogs, Dragons and storm.

I reckon we can beat the rest.

I would like to think we can beat the Dogs after what happened in Rnd 1 out of all our remaining games i think the Storm will be the hardest team to beat ?

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6