Today's crowd waiting to be seen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Darren

Bencher
If we don't get at least 15-18k today against the old enemy Sharks on a beautiful warm day, no surf, no public holiday, our team near the top of the comp, Sunday arvo 2pm kick off so no excuses, doubtful half of the northern area have gone on school holidays yet and quite local team Sharks.

If it doesn't happen then this will be the long term answer to Brookie at it's current state. The fans have said "no". Let's see our locals pour in to make 19k on a beautiful day. I do hear there is 1.2 million up the northern end of Sydney. I feel hopeful we can get 16k and make some profit for the club. I see Souffs got 22k against the Storm!

You never miss a beat on this one do you Darren !!

Still plenty of time for you to make the journey there as well

Seriously Darren if you dislike brookvale so much and love the concrete jungles go and support souths, easts parra or the bulldogs.
Brookvale is part of our heritage the northern beaches is part of our heritage and with a good people like Kerry Sibra looking after things a new and improved brookvale will be part of our future so sod off.

Go manly

I didn't see anything in that post that was anti-Brookie.Merely a call-to-arms,and stating the obvious...we scream for more Sunday arvo games,cause this is when we supposedly want more games,so supps should turn up.

14k average at home games for the most successful team of the last 5 years is piss weak, and it's through no fault of the Sea Eagles.

Two questions Darren

1 - are you a member?
2 - are you coming today?

If no, please add weight to your constant bleating by having some investment in the result. Or is it that you are indeed anti Brookvale and refuse to support your team unless they play out of a soulless modern monolith.

bones said:
14k average at home games for the most successful team of the last 5 years is piss weak, and it's through no fault of the Sea Eagles.

Spot on - how many crowd unfriendly Monday games did we score last year?

I'm also coming up from Wollongong with my brother, nephew and brothers mate. Hopefully we do a good number on Sharks today! :)

Yes, will be there today. Looking forward to it. Have been a member for past few years but not this year. I was a member of the leagues club as well but never went into it. Was a member of the football club (ticked the box when I paid for general membership)

It's got nothing to do with pull Brooky down. I'm putting out there that it's a beautiful Sunday arvo game and if it ain't packed today, then will it?? Some on here love bagging Souffs and Dogs but gee, they have great fan support. They would have even more if they won a comp.

I go on record that Manly locals are just as bad as Wollongong locals. They hardly went but amazingly, have whinged the day the Steelers got kicked out. Let's see, Sharks 3000 fans (fair estimate) Travelling fans 5k so we only need 8-10k locals who live 5 minutes away!! C'mon Manly!!

Darren said:
Yes, will be there today. Looking forward to it. Have been a member for past few years but not this year. I was a member of the leagues club as well but never went into it. Was a member of the football club (ticked the box when I paid for general membership)

It's got nothing to do with pull Brooky down. I'm putting out there that it's a beautiful Sunday arvo game and if it ain't packed today, then will it?? Some on here love bagging Souffs and Dogs but gee, they have great fan support. They would have even more if they won a comp.

I go on record that Manly locals are just as bad as Wollongong locals. They hardly went but amazingly, have whinged the day the Steelers got kicked out. Let's see, Sharks 3000 fans (fair estimate) Travelling fans 5k so we only need 8-10k locals who live 5 minutes away!! C'mon Manly!!

Good to hear, agree we should have a good crowd - but I reckon you are being generous in you fan estimate for the Sharks, time will tell

voicefromthehill said:
Darren said:

Good to hear, agree we should have a good crowd - but I reckon you are being generous in you fan estimate for the Sharks, time will tell

5k is generous for traveling manly fans too IMO.

15,000 will be a very good crowd.

I doubt brookie can have 18,000 in anymore. The souths game a couple of years ago was bursting at the seams with 19,500 and that was sardine can stuff!

Given the new renovations that took up some of the standing room, i would imagine 18,000 would be capacity...if that. Maybe 17,000 is full.

True Bones but I amazed by how many people I have chatted to that travel from afar. Looking through this post at least 10 from the Gong alone in 3 posts. The Mudgee crew never miss a game. Darren from Penrith is always there. CC Eagle crew etc. Shane from out west etc. Sharks fans will probably come to this as only 45 minutes from their area.
There is nothing better than a full house at Brookie. I remember some amazing times.

That's so unfair Darren. You can't hold the ground accountable for peoples apathy.
If people don't show up, it's the peoples fault.

You're bollocks anyway. You've never said that the ground contributes to the big crowds, just the small ones. It's a one way street with you.

I say that if we get 7K then we would've got 3K in a stadium. Just because I said so, that's how it is.

Darren said:
True Bones but I amazed by how many people I have chatted to that travel from afar. Looking through this post at least 10 from the Gong alone in 3 posts. The Mudgee crew never miss a game. Darren from Penrith is always there. CC Eagle crew etc. Shane from out west etc. Sharks fans will probably come to this as only 45 minutes from their area.
There is nothing better than a full house at Brookie. I remember some amazing times.

I'm not form the Nthn beaches either, and I'll be there today, but I just think 5k is being generous. Maybe 1 or 2k max would be more accurate

If we get a big crowd of 16-18k that's brilliant!! I have lived through the Steelers locals being not arsed about going and in the end they lost their home games and club. The club needs to really connect back with the beaches as we can't expect the likes of me (families) etc paying $100 in travel, 4 hours of travel, seats food etc and get the locals back at the games.

Truly, if 12-14k of locals went we would be sold out. I don't think 12-14k of locals is that big (or unreasonable)

No it's not unreasonable at all. Just stop bringing the ground into it.

I think there are more locals there than you believe. Maybe they aren't members, maybe they don't post in here but they are the bulk of the crowd. The crowds would be up if these people went to more games than they do. That is the challenge. They do go, just not often. It's trying to get the sea eagles higher up their list of priorities.

I'm coming with a few others. I'm also sick of the anti-Brookie posts from you Darren. Brookie is our spiritual home. End of story.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8