Todd Carney Combined Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Did Todd Carney deserve to be sacked over his latest faux pas

• Yes

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • No

Votes: 76 56.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
Last night the Rooters put out a team with Nutley, Myles, Tupou, Fitzgibbon, Wing, Anasta, Soliola, Roberts and Minichello - all Rep players. And they're still the worst team in the Comp. :dance:

Carney - how good is this kid? Did you see his first try? Great step, then ran right over the top of Mini. Geez he'd look good in a Maroon jersey playing outside of Ox....

It was great to see the rorters go down. How good was it to see Anasta spill the ball over the line. They are an utterly hopless bunch of sydney confidential poseurs, to worried about their hair to play good hard footie.

Rorters already 6 up, close to the line, Wing passed to an unmarked Anasta, good pass, regulation take for all to see, Anasta grabbed, ball flicked out, Anasta lunged, ball eluded outstretched hands, ball over the base line, Anasta buried head on grass. Excellent. Poseur, dickhead.

All that happened in the In goal too... all he had to do was catch it and it was a try ala Glenn Stewart :lol:

Actually the roosters did that a few times last night.

I remember mini dropping one cold with the line wide open and the winger did one aswell... there's 3 tries bombed right there.

As one wag said on the radio, who is the next team that is closest to 1000 wins cause this team is not going to get them. They have been on 999 now since last July if memory serves me correctly. :lol2: :lol2:

my heart's bleeding....poor roosters.

canberra look like the have the nucleaus of a good team, maybe in a season or two they will be a real danger.

they just dont have consistency and have a tendency to fall asleep at times, which is to be expected, considering how many young blokes are in the side.

carney and zillman look the goods. are they qld or nsw?

Rorters already 6 up, close to the line, Wing passed to an unmarked Anasta, good pass, regulation take for all to see, Anasta grabbed, ball flicked out, Anasta lunged, ball eluded outstretched hands, ball over the base line, Anasta buried head on grass. Excellent. Poseur, dickhead.

That was great work from Wing.

Anasta bombing the try was very similar to Trent Barrett a few years ago against the Raiders. Quite funny. Other than that though, Anasta had a fantastic first half. He carved the Raiders up.

Carney is good, but with those f*cking hideous tatt's he's got on his body, I'd never let him near Brookie Oval wearing Maroon and White. Bk's Newcastle tatt was bad enough, but Carney's random ugly stars all over his forearm? Please. Terrible.

Carney is NSW for sure.

He will go damn close to a NSW jumper.

If Orford shows some form when he comes back, I would love to see 6. Carney 7. Orford.

That couple with Bederus at hooker should be a pretty good group of playmakers.

cant bag Anasta last night, apart from his mistake he almost kept the Roosters in the game single handedly, without him they would not have scored a point. It was a great effort in a team getting smashed.

having said all that

great to see the roosters getting their backsides kicked!

As one wag said on the radio, who is the next team that is closest to 1000 wins cause this team is not going to get them. They have been on 999 now since last July if memory serves me correctly. :lol2: :lol2:

souths at about 930 or so

out of the teams still playing next is the dogs 800 and something

then manly mid 700's

Todd Carney is a Goulburn boy & has been a rather naughty boy........

Canberra Raiders player Todd Carney has been banned from driving for five years after pleading guilty to dangerous driving and his second drink-driving offence.
Carney, 20, pleaded guilty to drink-driving and a dangerous drink-driving charge, after taking to the wheel drunk in Goulburn last December.
He was also alleged to have sped and performed burn-outs in a 50 kilometres an hour zone.
Police alleged Carney blew 0.145, or nearly three times the legal limit.
In sentencing Carney, Magistrate Geraldine Beatty said that he was very lucky not to have been jailed as it was his second similar offence and nearly in the high-range category.
Carney was also fined $2,000.
Raiders general manager Don Furner said Carney would be punished by the club and would need to come to terms with life without a licence.
"He will be imposed with a fine from the club, I do understand though that he is appealing the severity of the sentence," he said.
"He needs to get to training and he does a lot of promos, a lot of stuff in the community - that's going to be a real difficult one."

carney is a bit of a loose cannon when it comes to booze. hopefully it wont get into a wes naqima situation, and give the game another headache with a jailbird star player.

\"He will be imposed with a fine from the club, I do understand though that he is appealing the severity of the sentence,\" he said.
\"He needs to get to training and he does a lot of promos, a lot of stuff in the community - that's going to be a real difficult one.\"[/i]

He should have thought about that before he got on the juice and ****ed around in a motor vehicle.

Canberra could be bolstered by the early return of halfback Todd Carney and prop Michael Weyman for Sunday's crucial NRL clash with frontrunners Manly.

Carney missed last week's win over Penrith with a quadricep strain, replaced by man of the match Terry Campese, and while he is yet to train with the side he could be a last-minute addition.

Weyman is yet to return to full training, but his ankle injury has improved rapidly and could also be recalled.

The return of the pair will boost the Raiders, who are searching for their first daytime win of the year after two night victories at home and last week's twilight away win over Penrith.

In-form fullback William Zillman said the Raiders were buoyed after shaking the "away" monkey off their back and were confident of toppling the Sea Eagles in Canberra.

"We really take pride in playing at home and don't like anyone beating us and we'll be ready this Sunday to beat Manly," said Zillman.

"It will be a bit different (playing during the day), a bit drier hopefully but that should suit us and if we can hold onto the ball I think it will go a long way to hopefully winning the game.

"We came through with a win last week and it was good to win away from home and get some momentum coming into this weekend.

"It was good for the team to get that monkey off our back."

The Raiders were written off as wooden spoon favourites in the pre-season but wins over Newcastle, Sydney Roosters and Penrith have silenced many critics - not that the players have noticed.

"We try not to listen to what other people are saying much," said Zillman.

"We know ourselves while we're not going too bad we can get much better again.

"We are happy at the moment and we've just got to try to keep winning."

Zillman knows Sunday could be one of his toughest days in the NRL, with Manly a competition leader in scoring from kicks.

Crafty halves pair Matt Orford and Michael Monaghan have both been successful with their kicks this season, fullback Brett Stewart the main target for their pinpoint options.

Zillman said the Raiders had focussed on the Sea Eagles' kicking game, and particularly nullifying the options of Stewart.

"It's definitely something both the team and myself have looked at," he said.

"We just want to counter that and put a lot of pressure on the kicker.

"(Stewart) has scored a few tries this year through kicks. He is a dangerous player and we've certainly got to watch him, but we know if we stick to our game and put in a good effort we can definitely come away with the two points."

Weymimself is plasticine man and will probably injure himself before the game getting out of bed.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6