Todd Payten pleads guilty to urinating on Hyde Park memorial

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Former rugby league player Todd Payten has pleaded guilty to urinating on the Hyde Park War Memorial.
The recently-retired representative prop appeared in Downing Centre Local Court today charged with committing an indecent and offensive act on a war memorial.
The incident took place on September 18, but was not revealed to the public by the National Rugby League.

The court heard that Payten, 32, had pleaded guilty but did not bring any character references with him because he was too embarrassed to tell anyone what had happened.
The former Sydney Roosters, Canberra Raiders and Wests Tigers star announced in June that 2011 would be his last season.
Payten is one of an elite few players to have amassed over 250 games in the NRL.
The case has been adjourned until this afternoon for sentencing.

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/todd-payten-pleads-guilty-to-urinating-on-hyde-park-memorial-20111108-1n4ow.html

I feel sorry for the guy. How embarrassing. Although I don't see why he didn't do a piss behind a tree. There's plenty there.

DSM5 said:
I feel sorry for the guy. How embarrassing. Although I don't see why he didn't do a piss behind a tree. There's plenty there.

Because he is a football player!!

DSM5 said:

I don't feel sorry for him. Public urination happens after a few beers and a lack of bathrooms and should not be a hanging offence, but there's no need to disrespect a war memorial.

Todd is not a bad bloke, so I feel sorry for him. I'm sure it wasn't a malicious act, probably just not a well though out location to have a leak.

Why did the nrl sit on this for 2 months? I recall watmough and seu seu were put through the media wringer for the same crime and were stood down by the club?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7