Tom Symonds now signed?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

stlth15

Tweeted by the Newtown jets. Any other sources to confirm?

@newtownrlfc: .@TommySymonds All the best at @manlyseaeagles It was a pleasure having you when we did. You're more than welcome to visit us in the future

Here is another twitter post, not sure who by, it was on the chooks forum.

@jimmyhooper: Manly have signed @sydneyroosters young gun Tom Symonds effective immediately. And Brett Stewart's contract finally sorted #NRL

A few journos tweeted in yesterday and I saw it at the end of one of the articles I read online about Snakes contract finally being sorted.

He's got some potential, but has had injury problems. Will be interesting to see how Toovs uses him.

Could be another Fatty with his ranga looks. Reminds me of Craig Fitzgibbon.

art_tom_symonds-420x0.jpg

James Hooper confirmed to me yesterday on Twitter that Tom has signed with Manly and although he was at the Roosters yesterday he will be at the Sea Eagles by the start of the season.

That would mean next week but I guess he won't come into calculations for round one seeing as he hasn't gone through a pre-season with us.

GO MANLY

I may be howled down but he will be a better player than Buhrer with a clear injury run.Loads of potential and will be a regular in the side before year end.

susan said:
I may be howled down but he will be a better player than Buhrer with a clear injury run.Loads of potential and will be a regular in the side before year end.
Tom has heaps of potential , he could be anything . Time will tell

susan said:

Howl! Howl!:p
I said in an earlier thread that I really liked the look of Symonds when he first came on the scene - he was a rangy, running backrower very much in the Beaver mould. The problem being, unlike Beaver, he was carted off injured every second game he played. Hope he can get over that and we see some of that potential realised.
But I still think you're undervaluing Buhrer and HIS potential. Last season he was chopped and changed around, playing everywhere from the wing to hooker. And it wouldn't have helped his confidence to be given seven minutes of State of Origin footy and then dumped (see Watmough, A). Let's see what he can do, too.

Ron Not bagging Jamie at all .Top kid who will only get better.Just feel that Tom may be the better of the two.Iether way it is a good pickup for us.

Far out guys, we have an awesome roster. Just an awesome, awesome club from top to bottom at the moment. Well done Mr Perry.

susan said:
Ron Not bagging Jamie at all .Top kid who will only get better.Just feel that Tom may be the better of the two.Iether way it is a good pickup for us.

Be awesome if they both play to their full potential:)

Anyone see burher at the fan day has he bulked up much? He reminds me of gift early on a bit too small. But If he can fill out like Glenn did i think he will be fine

I'm very happy about this, I remember there was a lot of hype around him when he made his debut, but his career has stagnated. He should flourish with us and could become an excellent signing.

He has had a horror run of injuries. Only played 20 something games in 3 seasons (debuted in 2010). I think it went shoulder, knee, shoulder. Injuries are just bad luck, but recurring shoulder injuries can be a bit problematic, especially if you have a high defensive workload.

Anyway if he stays fit he has got some talent and will add to the team. He's a very rare creature, a Rooster junior, so that in itself makes him a drawcard. Hopefully he gets a decent injury free run, could be another Shane Rodney for us.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6