Tom Symonds

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
I think Mateo should be coming off the bench, and Symonds should be playing outside DCE on the right edge. Tom should be playing 80 minutes, and Mateo should come on and play up the guts where he can target tired defenders and offload to our halves either side of the ruck or even Snake coming through up the middle. Offloads are more effective in the middle third anyway, because they happen around tired forwards, and there are more players within striking distance to play off the back of them.

We missed Tom's work on that edge the other night, and I think DCE missed the way Tom straightens the attack and runs effective lines down that passage. At times when we shifted right, it looked like DCE had no real options other than to dish off.

I know we are all grateful for the way Mateo played against the Storm and Dogs respectively, but he could be more damaging in short bursts. Toovey's hand will probably be forced with the Mateo injury, but I hope things change when Feleti does come back into the side.

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more...unsure why TOM wasn't used more against St George. IF you watched MATEO against St George..he was always fighting to get back the 10 metres... His speed and stamina are lacking for an 80 minute performance..TOM should be starting..he runs great lines and always looks to break the line. We are currently lacking speed and stamina in our back-row.....LUI can't play 80- minutes...MATEO can't play 80 minutes...BUHRER at the moment just needs more fitness due to a knee injury last year...he can play 80 minutes....TOM Symonds is a must .....though we definitely need another 80 minute back-row player... Our line speed for defence which allows us to have 2-3 people in a tackle is not happening.......

T-Red was on the bench in case Killer's groin forced him from the field. At least that way the forwards were set from the start without the need to re-shuffle.

Personally I am surprised Killer played at all last week, especially as its still early enough in the season. Joey said in Nein's pre-game the week before that Killer had torn his groin which normally means a few weeks at least. I guess with the injury to Skivy it kinda forced Killer to be out there which is why Tooves played T-Red from the bench.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6