Tommy 2016

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Tommy is simply too good for anything but NRL in 2016.
He will excel on the wing off a super backline this year & be the gun fullback we all prayed for after the Snake era.
I also believe he would be an exceptional centre option in time, obviously caught out defensively with his tender experience( just options, he is a FB)..could win anywhere!!
He is a must in the top grade Imo as we can all sit back saying give him more time, but by seasons end could well be the X factor player change a tight game....pure class & will show it THIS SEASON.

Already better than Hiku IMO, I'm having serious doubts walker is coming so will he play in centres if walker don't come.

1.Snake
2.Tafua
3.Trbojevic
4.Matai
5.Lavaka
6.Lyon
7.DCE

Backline could be this and to me that's a poor Backline. But turbo is a must in the nrl and we need to lock him down for life! None of this BS that he isn't ready. 8 tries from 9 games tells you all you need to know

Peters article in the manly Daily yesterday suggests Tommy will not be in the 1st grade team all season:

To play NRL regularly he needs to be allowed to grow and get stronger, which is the emphasis of the process being undertaken with the youngster.

He remains very much in the learning phase of his career but he has the right people around him to ensure he is thrilling crowds at Brookie for a long time to come.

I
think he should be used sparingly this year. He is an outstanding talent but his body still needs to develop further. Don't want to see him become injury prone like Dugan as he has the same body type.

Turbo is a weapon in the air & has genuine speed to capitalize on the superior inside game not available in 2015 where he still looked dangerous with limited opportunity.....
To sit him in another grade with that talent is both a slap in the face & an opening for opposition cheque books to create him to consider going away from the club he loves.

Is the question not his attack but defence? From memory was it the Canberra game where he cost us a couple?

Yes, he's still growing and he's going to get bigger, but Tommy T is already plenty big enough to play first grade. Take a look at him standing next to his brother or anyone else in the first grade squad. He towers over all of them. Sure, he'll fill out, and when he does he'll be an even scarier prospect for opposition players, but he can already outrun and out jump just about every other player in the competition. And he's probably heavier - and stronger - than you think.

• 🤝
Reactions: R3
My Question is if Tommy is in first grade who will take over from him when he is injured the last few seasons his been injured a lot

Feels like people are having unrealistic expectations.
The kid has freakish talent but didn't he also have to sit out a week after being physically sore from the match.
I have no doubts he will start as our winger for 16.

According to his NRL.com profile, Tommy is 192 cm (6'4") tall and weighs 96 kg (15 st 2 lb).

He may look like a stringbean but 96 kg is no lightweight unless its the opening episode of a new series of The Biggest Loser. And you can bet he is on a weights program this off-season which will add some bulk. I don't think he'll be as heavy, but he might just end up similar to Greg Inglis in size and strength.

Look, Tom can handle it, he proved that this year already (and according to his NRL stats, of the 46 tackles he attempted in 2015, he only missed 6). And these days its not unusual for a speedy young fullback to spend a season or two serving an apprenticeship on the first grade wing, especially if their teams established FB is in the twilight of their career. Gordon did it at the Riff until Wesser went to Souffs, RTS did it at the Rorters when Mini was there and Alex Johnston is doing it at Souffs with Inglis at FB.

Tommy is a skilled young footballer. Safe under the high ball, has good ball skills and his defense will improve. Plus he brings much needed pace to our backline which falls off alarmingly after Snake. He's currently the only back we have who if he picked up a loose ball or intercept with 90 metres to run and no one in front, provided he doesn't get ankle tapped early you can be fairly confident he won't be caught.

He needs a stronger handshake!

Other than that.....(cough) he'll be brilliant and hopefully a Manly mainstay as well as his brother.

:)

Yes, he's still growing and he's going to get bigger, but Tommy T is already plenty big enough to play first grade. Take a look at him standing next to his brother or anyone else in the first grade squad. He towers over all of them. Sure, he'll fill out, and when he does he'll be an even scarier prospect for opposition players, but he can already outrun and out jump just about every other player in the competition. And he's probably heavier - and stronger - than you think.

100 percent agree. I was a bit stunned when I saw him at a game this year and he is not huge but he is not a string bean either. Compare him to Brett Stewart at the same stage. Snake was a deadset feather weight. Tommy is way more developed I believe.

The only way for him to develop is to keep playing first grade. That's where he will develop physically and skill wise. I wouldn't be surprised if he has the odd niggle through the season where he sits out a game, but I can wear that.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2