Tommy Symonds.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Anyone who watched that game knows he was MOM tonight. Can't believe he has his knockers here. Was outstanding. First chance to play back row all game.

Feel sad for buhrer. He is a champion and I hope it's not a reoccurrence of the ACL. Having done it myself four times all I can say is keep your head up and there is more to life than footy, you just won't know it until it happens.

Jake T is a proper footballer. I can believe the way he tackles like its the nineties and hitting them in the hips and dumping them still matters. It's still effective. He was brilliant tonight.

DCE NEEDS TO STAY. He is all class a brilliant player and a great human. How Kelly pulled his offer is beyond me. His management might be tools but the kid has heart.

I have been hard on Keiran Foran on this site.

I will never forget that Monday night he took the ball to the line against the Gold Coast and got totally smashed by tangatoa. It won us the match.

He had a good ten minutes for us tonight. And I honestly couldn't tell you if he went off injured or finished the game after that.

Gave away a couple of dumb holding penalties and had that terrible dropped ball too. That's why he has knockers. It was by no means a flawless performance.

Too many armchair critics on this site
I think tommy is great, those holding penalties are a joke, whenever he is in position he is top 3 on field IMO

Tommy is great at straighting up the play. Thought he was real good tonight. I think the holding down penalties are due to our lack of abilities in the wrestle. We seem to be pushing the boundary all night, to be able to slow the ruck.

I'm not agreeing to that.
You don't have to. But to keep blaming the refs for the holding penalties week after week is just plain sad, and T Red gave away two from memory.

At the end of the day it was a great effort, and that effort has been lacking for weeks. But we're still 2 from whatever and still last so to quote the Wolf, let's not start sucking each other dicks just yet...

not sold on Tommy "wheres the hole" Symonds at all. Up until tonight he has been a defensive liability, and general baddie.

Tonight he played well though, and probably would have taken a point from Hiku in my 321 had Hiku not saved us the game in those last 5 minutes.

On the bright side, at least he didn't get injured.

Okay I will spell it out for you. T O M S Y M O N D S H A S B E E N P L A Y I N G O U T O F P O S I T I O N F O R U S E V E R Y W E E K S I N C E R O U N D O N E. Tonight he got the chance with the thirteen on his back to play his natural game. I am not going to look up his stats but he was in everything. Where he needed to be defensively on every occasion and dropped one ball and maybe gave away one penalty which wasn't warranted anyway.

If you think that my appraisal of him is based on his try then that's okay. I like that you support the club.

If you can nominate another player (other than Bhurer until injured) who did more for that winning team out there tonight please inform me.

Okay I will spell it out for you. T O M S Y M O N D S H A S B E E N P L A Y I N G O U T O F P O S I T I O N F O R U S E V E R Y W E E K S I N C E R O U N D O N E. Tonight he got the chance with the thirteen on his back to play his natural game. I am not going to look up his stats but he was in everything. Where he needed to be defensively on every occasion and dropped one ball and maybe gave away one penalty which wasn't warranted anyway.

If you think that my appraisal of him is based on his try then that's okay. I like that you support the club.

If you can nominate another player (other than Bhurer until injured) who did more for that winning team out there tonight please inform me.

DCE. Pretty obvious. End quote.

not sold on Tommy "wheres the hole" Symonds at all. Up until tonight he has been a defensive liability, and general baddie.

Tonight he played well though, and probably would have taken a point from Hiku in my 321 had Hiku not saved us the game in those last 5 minutes.

On the bright side, at least he didn't get injured.

He has been playing in the centres, where defense is different, of course he was weak there. He has flashes of brilliance mixed with moments of crap. When he is on he stands out and he certainly isn't one I'd be turfing from the team

He has been playing in the centres, where defense is different, of course he was weak there. He has flashes of brilliance mixed with moments of crap. When he is on he stands out and he certainly isn't one I'd be turfing from the team

I see your point about positional play, but I'm not talking about a couple of weeks. He has been average for most if not all of 2014 and certainly all of this year.

Tonight though he actually ran at holes, and didn't miss tackles. I wouldn't drop him back to the bench on tonights display, but I suspect 2V will do that to bring Mateo back in.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7