Tommy Symonds.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Okay I will spell it out for you. T O M S Y M O N D S H A S B E E N P L A Y I N G O U T O F P O S I T I O N F O R U S E V E R Y W E E K S I N C E R O U N D O N E. Tonight he got the chance with the thirteen on his back to play his natural game. I am not going to look up his stats but he was in everything. Where he needed to be defensively on every occasion and dropped one ball and maybe gave away one penalty which wasn't warranted anyway.

If you think that my appraisal of him is based on his try then that's okay. I like that you support the club.

If you can nominate another player (other than Bhurer until injured) who did more for that winning team out there tonight please inform me.

I've always been of the opinion that Symonds would be a gun for us if he could just play his natural position. For everyone's sake, I hope that we don't have to see him in the centres again this season.

I have always been a very big fan of Tom Symonds, and he has struggled of late playing out of position, and along side Williame in the defensive line (ouch!). However, he is damn good footballer, and providing he gets the penalties out of his game, the sky is the limit for a player of his talent.

Tommy is great at straighting up the play. Thought he was real good tonight. I think the holding down penalties are due to our lack of abilities in the wrestle. We seem to be pushing the boundary all night, to be able to slow the ruck.
Our penalties for holding down tonight were a joke. Next time we get the ball, same situation, no penalty for us.

Tommy is great at straighting up the play. Thought he was real good tonight. I think the holding down penalties are due to our lack of abilities in the wrestle. We seem to be pushing the boundary all night, to be able to slow the ruck.
The holding penalties in the first half were a joke, when the refs start reffing 2 teams let's talk about stuff like that.

Okay I will spell it out for you. T O M S Y M O N D S H A S B E E N P L A Y I N G O U T O F P O S I T I O N F O R U S E V E R Y W E E K S I N C E R O U N D O N E. Tonight he got the chance with the thirteen on his back to play his natural game. I am not going to look up his stats but he was in everything. Where he needed to be defensively on every occasion and dropped one ball and maybe gave away one penalty which wasn't warranted anyway.

If you think that my appraisal of him is based on his try then that's okay. I like that you support the club.

If you can nominate another player (other than Bhurer until injured) who did more for that winning team out there tonight please inform me.
HORO

I agree that dce won us the match but so did Symonds, he was absolutely amazing tonight. If he plays like that more often nobody will take his spot. Only blight was the knock on.
As for the penalties, I'll take giving away penalties for being over enthusiastic in defence every day of the week. I was frustrated with the penalties but I was much happier to see our boys rip in.

I have always been a very big fan of Tom Symonds, and he has struggled of late playing out of position, and along side Williame in the defensive line (ouch!). However, he is damn good footballer, and providing he gets the penalties out of his game, the sky is the limit for a player of his talent.

Exactly what the Rorters thought.

I see your point about positional play, but I'm not talking about a couple of weeks. He has been average for most if not all of 2014 and certainly all of this year.

Tonight though he actually ran at holes, and didn't miss tackles. I wouldn't drop him back to the bench on tonights display, but I suspect 2V will do that to bring Mateo back in.
Last year he actually stifled play in a few games, especially on the right edge. Was so much better today he isn't ever bad just somewhere around average

Our movements left to right look a million times better than when we go right to left because depending where it starts Foz isn't involved in the latter, so everyone on that side looked like they had more impact than the other way. The best runs on the side are when Matai or Tafua take a hit up because Foz isn't giving them much service beyond the occaisional cheeky grubber.

Like a lot of players, give them game time and they improve. Play them in one position and they improve. At this moment, we need Symonds as we probably do not have a ready made replacement. Sure you throw around a reserve grade or U20 player's name, but with no or next to nothing experience. I recall everyone rating David Gower as a plodder or a simply a reggie. It always seemed he made the most of his mistakes in the first ten minutes of his game time,which was pretty hard for him as he only ever got ten minutes.
Buhrer didn't hit his straps until he got a decent amount of game time. Horo not rated by many now, but I felt he held his ground last night and tightened up his side of the field with foran and matai around him. Sometimes experience can keep you in the game waiting for the brilliance to come.

Gower and his like are underrated as they have committed the heinous crime of being footballers and not athletes. He would be a rep player under the 5 metre rule. Regardless of the fact players like him don't suit the modern game it is so refreshing to see a big man who can pass , is light on his feet and has football awareness. I see those traits in Jake T and I hope they don't coach it out of him.

You look at most of the props these days. Other than Scott, Matulino,Graham and Woods most wouldn't know what a footballer is. But that is what the NRL has done with their bull**** rules.

Symonds, Horo and Buhrer all had their best games of the season yesterday. Shame Jamie got injured. :(

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4