Tommy Turbo and Matty Ballin deserved better

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Killer03

Bencher
Tonight was a great debut by Tommy Turbo, he was safe as a house under the high ball, and made heaps of runs (in fact the commentators said he made more than any player). He was dangerous and hungry for work. And it was Matt Ballins 200th. These two players deserved better tonight. It should have been a great occasion on both counts, the debut of a new star at the club, and a celebration of the ironman of the club.

Sadly it took us until the game was over for us to get stuck in. Foran especially, even the commentators at around this point said 'has someone stuck a red hot poker up his backside'.

Certainly a positive it was good to see and at least get something out of today. The future is positive if we can hold our nerve and ride this out.

Best player on the Field was Tom Turbo, he's a star in the making and didn't look out of place playing first grade.

I'll admit that I was worried that at 18 and coming straight out of the U/20's that he would go ok but get shown up defensively. I'll happily admit that I was wrong. Didn't do a lot of actual tackling in the game as Peta Hiku stepped up there today I thought. But he was confident and safe under the high ball and made some of his vastly more experienced team mates look second rate throughout the entire game.

Well done to Tom T. Great debut. Matty B you're a legend. Congrats on your 200. When we have a fit side Manly will win more games.
I hate losing and hate some of the lack lustre efforts involved tonight but not going to get caught up in any negativity this week. Does me no good.
I hope the club long term signs the Turbo brothers soon.

Was really impressed with how Tom went. On that performance, we need him in the side each week. Matty Ballin was his usual, hard working, give his all, self. Yes, they both deserved a better effort from most of their team mates.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6