Tommy Turbo's 1 handed pickup!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah I don't remember Vossy or Brandy making a big deal of it....and it WAS a bloody big deal...
He's our white Greg Ingliss.

Totally agree boys... reminds me so much of Inglis! hell.. his still only 18!! God I hope the club does the right thing and lock in the Turbo brothers (all 4 of them) for long term contracts!

No whit
Yeah I don't remember Vossy or Brandy making a big deal of it....and it WAS a bloody big deal...
He's our white Greg Ingliss.
No white or anything. No Greg Inglis just our bloody brilliant Turbo. The innovater not the imitator

I've lost my voice from yelling of excitement. How good was Tommy turbo's 1 handed pickup whilst accelerating to score that try. I have replayed that like 10 times...just brilliant!
Imagine what Rex would have said lol

Surely now no-one doubts Tom Turbo is more worthy of his place than Hiku.
He has to be in the team. If Matai is back next week, Tooves has got to run Tom on the wing and keep Hiku on the bench. Not sure who I'd drop though, Chee Kam impressed the sh*t out of me tonight. Seized his opportunity with great enthusiasm and effort.

In Tommy Turbo we have a young player that will bring crowds to our games. At 18 he is an amazing talent and will only get stronger and better. His speed is what stands out especially tonight with the try he nearly saved with Milford got that loose ball and Tommy got him and the try when he got away he was in 2nd gear. You cant buy what this boy has and he is a future international without a doubt!

Tommy is the quick back we've lacked for a few seasons now.

He's the difference when bouncing on a loose ball and scoring that long range try.
For the past few years our backs have always been chased down.

I do think Toovey will keep Hiku in the side over Tommy. People are forgetting that Hiku is a current NZ rep.

Oh, what a terrible position to be in.

This kid is freakish. When he gets into open space....wow...

Manly's attack grew wings tonight with Tommy T in the side. It reminds me of the impact a B. Stewart, D.Shearer, J. Gibbs or P. Blake had at their best - that speed and 'X factor'.

Last edited:
I actually thought the ball to put Taufua away (for the Foran try) was the most "Inglis like" play of the night. The turn of speed to attract two defenders and then the strength and presence of mind to offload in traffic was sensational. He does move a lot like Greg; giant strides.

This kid is only 18,just wait till he fills out in the upper body,there's no telling injury free how far the kid will go,could be better than inglis easily,time will tell and boy as he got plenty of that.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7