Tonight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eggson

Bencher
Not the best was it?  Can't really blame anyone apart from ourselves for that.

At least it's a good kick in the bum by a lowly placed team

I just don't know what happened. I thought we played ok really. They seemed to shut down Cuthbertson's offloads well. Defensively we seemed to have players running into each other at crucial times. But otherwise I wasn't that dissapointed really. Just a bit more enthusiasm needed, and Matai could stop rushing out to kill someone who doesn't have the ball. He's my scapegoat tonight :).

Choc (even though he's my fave) was the reason we lost tonight.
One bad miss in attack.
One bad miss in defense.
Both leading to tries.

That's why an origin jumper will elude him.

To be fair he had no idea what was going on. Should have come off straight away, but it's not like the trainer wasn't trying to get him off.

We just couldn't catch the high balls close to our tryline either.

Our attitude was poor. That's why Dessie needs to get on the blower to Bellamy for some best practices - but he's just too damned stubborn and proud to.
If someone is obviously much better than I am at something at work - I get on the phone and ask what I can do differently to improve.

LOL, you reckon Bellamy would give him all the trade secrets Ryan ?

I don't know if we can blame Des tonight for the lax attitude tbh, because after half time, we actually fired up for 5-10mins and played how we should have been, straight. Then the players started going sideways again

Ryan link said:
Our attitude was poor. That's why Dessie needs to get on the blower to Bellamy for some best practices - but he's just too damned stubborn and proud to.
If someone is obviously much better than I am at something at work - I get on the phone and ask what I can do differently to improve.

They did share a beer together...  ;)

Kiwi Eagle link said:

I don't know if we can blame Des tonight for the lax attitude tbh, because after half time, we actually fired up for 5-10mins and played how we should have been, straight. Then the players started going sideways again

Bellamy wouldn't be that much of a prick would he?
We have Bell / Orford - they should help out...

Ryan link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=177548.msg185170#msg185170 date=1211544618]

[/quote]

Why do you think he is a winner?

He is farken ruthless Ryan, he wouldn't give us anything

Only way we can get that info is through Stewart i think

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=177548.msg185175#msg185175 date=1211544819]
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=177548.msg185170#msg185170 date=1211544618]

[/quote]

Why do you think he is a winner?
[/quote]

Any team he coaches always have masses of intensity - from trials, to club games, to origin. They NEVER slack off. The players all say they wouldn't DARE not perform under him.

Our players sometimes look like they are going through the motions.....it's just not something you see from Bellamy's team as frequently.

I just hate to say, he is probably just a better coach.

Kiwi Eagle link said:

Your probably right mate - stoopid idea really. We just need a bit of a change. Some energy injections or something.

Ryan link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=177548.msg185180#msg185180 date=1211544998]

Your probably right mate - stoopid idea really. We just need a bit of a change. Some energy injections or something.
[/quote]

It was interesting to hear Gould say we played better on the 'angry pills' and we did for most of those sets...

Garts link said:
He is a better coach, the best coach around. hands down.

I don't think he's THAT far away mate.
I think he just needs to be a bit more ruthless...and players shouldn't have mortgages on spots.

Bellamy played Webster, Slater, Hill & in Premier League in 06. Imagine Des dropping say Matai, Lyon and Stewart?

Just wouldn't happen.

In Melbourne - even if your the best player in the world - you better damned perform or your gone. Like Wheel says here....Des just picks the same fit guys every week regardless of their last effort.

eggson link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=177548.msg185185#msg185185 date=1211545216]
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=177548.msg185180#msg185180 date=1211544998]

[/quote]

It was interesting to hear Gould say we played better on the 'angry pills' and we did for most of those sets...
[/quote]

That's the ridiculous thing though....We should be like that from the get go...not in patches...and not after we have made a mistake or something. THAT'S when we'll be ruthless.

we really gotta find a way of linking threads, or at least it seems that i'm posting the right comments in the wrong threads!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6