Williams in contention for WCC trip January 28, 2009 - 6:18PM Manly officials remain confident new recruit Tony Williams will be on the plane to England for the upcoming World Club Challenge despite a hamstring injury. The former Parramatta winger tore his hamstring during pre-season training earlier this month, with initial fears having him on the sidelines for two months. But those forecasts have been downgraded with the hulking 20-year-old now in contention to be in coach Des Hasler's squad when the team flies out of Sydney on February 14. Manly will play a warm-up match against London Harlequins in London on February 22 before the WCC clash with Super League champions Leeds at Elland Road on March 1. "He hurt it about three weeks ago, it was a grade two tear and it was going to be between six to eight weeks," Manly chief executive Grant Mayer said. "His rehab's been really good and it's more than likely that he'll be coming to the UK - whether he's ready for the first game we don't know, but certainly the medical team expect that if he stays on track he'll be right for that game against Leeds on March 1." Williams had been one of the Sea Eagles' more impressive trainers as he looked to force his way into the premiership outfit. While he burst onto the scene as a winger at Parramatta, Hasler is keen to see whether the junior Kangaroo can make the transition to the backrow. "Des recruited him as a backrower when he first came across but obviously the fact he can play wing and centre is a bonus," Mayer said.