Tony Williams injured in training

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My brother told me he heard on the radio that Tony Williams got injured in training yesterday and would be out for up to six weeks ? i couldn't find any info on it anyone know anything. ?

Here we go.  He better be fit by the time the season kicks off as we seem stacked with talent.  This 09 team could be hard to get into once it starts winning.   

I thought Kevin was the better of the 2, Tony was far more inconsistent.

I remember a game we played in Perth where he was fullback (I think) and was diabolical.

Fro link said:
I thought Kevin was the better of the 2, Tony was far more inconsistent.

I remember a game we played in Perth where he was fullback (I think) and was diabolical.

I actually thought that Kevin was the worse of the two and that Tony was better.  Kevin was once labelled the next Mal Meninga. 

Kevin is one of wheel's all time favourite Manly players along qwith Bernard Dywer, Joe Roparti and Andy Wrongway.  Also of course Jorgen rogers. 

Kevin was a dog, he played two good games for Manly - one agaimnst canberra in a semi and one other game at Brookie - I would have Tony before Kevin any day of the week .

talking of Kevin Iro.

A mate of mine was in the delivery room awaiting the appearance of his first born, somehow he convinced the staff to put the radio onto the footy. anyway just as the baby was crowning he's yelled out "oh **** no, you stupid prick!!!"

the doctors and nurses have all looked at him wondering what had happened, his response.........."Kevin Bloody Iro has dropped the ball with the tryline wide open" :)

I get to deal with Tony Iro occasionally as he is now the Warriors Toyota Cup coach. He's a top individual, and seems to be a reasonable coach (given how close the Warriors went to winning the comp this year, although their 20s team is stacked with potential).

Definitely Kevin for mine, had a decent work ethic , and could break the line of defence and score a try or 2.
What are the stats for the Bros.  Games played/tries scored etc.

On MSE it says the Sea Eagles are still hopeful of him taking part in the WCC... wishful thinking? Or was the initial diagnosis simply an overreaction.

Just how many players are traveling over there?  With only two games, surely they wouldn't take a guy with a hamster to fix.  Has MSE the team that's going?

TokyoEagle link said:
Definitely Kevin for mine, had a decent work ethic , and could break the line of defence and score a try or 2.
What are the stats for the Bros.  Games played/tries scored etc.

Kevin Iro

- 22 games, 9 tries for Manly (91/92)
- 115 games, 60 tries Leeds (92/93/94/95/96)
- 4 games, 1 try for Hunter Mariners (97)
- 14 games, 2 tries for Warriors (98)
- 76 games, 39 tries for St Helens (99/00/01)
- 31 games, 16 tries for New Zealand

Tony Iro

- 64 games, 13 tries for Manly (90/91/92/93)
- 45 games, 11 tries for Easts (94/95/96)
- 8 games, 3 tries for Hunter Mariners (97)
- 15 games, 1 try for Adelaide Rams(98)
- 18 games, 1 try for Souths (99)
- 19 games, 4 tries for New Zealand

DSM5 link said:
Just how many players are traveling over there?  With only two games, surely they wouldn't take a guy with a hamster to fix.  Has MSE the team that's going?

Nope.

This is all it says:

"Sea Eagles 2009 recruit Tony Williams suffered a hamstring strain at training earlier this week.

Williams has been receiving treatment from Club Physiotherapist Andre Rickenbach to ensure his speedy recovery.

Coach Des Hasler hopes that Williams will be fit for selection for the upcoming World Club Challenge game against Leeds on March 1st at Elland Road."

Kevin Iro was absolute garbage whilst he was here. Promised much but failed miserably

Tony was easily the better of the two at the Eagles. Potentially Kevin was the better football player, but never delivered.
Kevin only played 22 games for us, one season if I remember, then quickly shafted out. I'll never forget Ridge going off at him for missing another tackle against Canberra in the semi's. Shame, as we all had high hope for him, just didn't cut it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4