Tony Williams is on Parramatta's wanted list for 2013

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
They would be more competitive if they had a team of 17 players who have left the club then the 17 they have now.

They would be more competitive if they has 17 players who wanted to be at the club. Add souths roosters and titans to that also.

Wouldn't be another week without a report of a manly player being linked to another club. All this talk is getting really boring.

I reckon the eels could solve all their problems easily, onfield and off.

Go after Des Hasler you fools, he will follow the money.

So no comment from T-Rex, no comment from the Eels or the Sea Eagles?
Of course every club is interested in signing a player like T Williams.
This article is really nothing but a bit of attention flicking from the current dramas at the Eels.
Where's the mention that T-Rex has an option for next year in his favour and has stated he wants to stay with the Premiers?

Why did we allow T-Rex to have this option in the 1st place? I'm hoping he's feeling really bad about the 7 week rest & won't chase the $$$ for 2013.

I'm somewhat perplexed, the other day Vid said he was with us until the end of 2013 but the media keeps pushing the end of 2012.

Moondog said:
T-Rex says he wants to stay at Manly, I've no reason to doubt his word. Dean Ritchie on the other hand..............

You can add the Bulldogs to that list of clubs noted as chasing him - of course. Bought not Bred remember !!!!

T-Rex came out a month or so ago and said he wants to remain at Manly (and be a one club player) - and I actually believe him with that statement. He writes a column frthe local paper, like seriously become an Eel again, not likely.

From SMH: 11 March 2012

TONY WILLIAMS has spoken of his desire to finish his career at Manly, declaring: ''I know the boys here and I've made a home.''

The Sea Eagles forward was at his destructive best on Friday night against Wests Tigers, constantly terrorising the defence and barging over for a try at Gosford as the defending premiers made it two from two.
Williams re-signed with Manly for two years after the club's grand final win, but he has a get-out clause in his contract which he can activate because of the departure of Des Hasler to the Bulldogs.

Manly officials are desperate to retain him but will struggle to keep all of their stars given that Keiran Foran, Daly Cherry-Evans and Brett Stewart are also in need of extensions or upgrades.

''I've said to many people that I hope that Manly can keep me longer,'' Williams said yesterday.

''Fingers crossed they can do something because I want to stay as long as I can.

''If I have to go, then I have to … I want to stay as long as I can, I wouldn't want to lose the boys.''

Reading anything from Ritchie makes you dumber by the letter.

I am so smart...

s..m..r..t!

You think he would come out and say he going to go the highest bidder?

Are people that naive to still believe what players say about being a one club man for life? Or their reasons for moving? Or the reasons for staying?

Really?

Funny how every other club wants to buy Manly players. Haven't heard of any other player, from any other club being wanted. Could lead to a complex.

There's also this.. ..."After the team's hiding in Townsville, coach Stephen Kearney invited club directors to watch the final training run at Parramatta Stadium. Lunch followed behind the venue, where suits and stars mixed and the mood was reported as overwhelmingly positive.

And that's why, just over 24 hours later, all involved were speechless when the humiliation at the hands of an understrength Penrith side was complete.

The rout sparked accusations and outbursts from fans toward officials within the Leagues Club later that night.

It also renewed calls to sign Willie Mason, but a weekend review of the club's salary cap position found that idea was unrealistic."...........If they can't afford Mason who would be on minimal contract money they can't afford to sign T-Rex.

lsz said:

Are people that naive to still believe what players say about being a one club man for life? Or their reasons for moving? Or the reasons for staying?

Really?

Whilst money is a driving force and towards the top of the priority list for most, not everyone walks for the highest price - there are other factors to consider.

Isz, from my experience posting on this site no one comes across as naive to me.

lsz said:

Really?
Strangely enough with some players money is'nt the sole object. Beaver and Paul Gallen spring to mind. While perhaps they are in the minority, it does'nt mean they are unique. Perhaps T-rex is similarly inclined.

Sorry 1947. I see you said the same thing....and quicker, lol.

Moondog said:
lsz said:

Really?
Strangely enough with some players money is'nt the sole object. Beaver and Paul Gallen spring to mind. While perhaps they are in the minority, it does'nt mean they are unique. Perhaps T-rex is similarly inclined.

Sorry 1947. I see you said the same thing....and quicker, lol.

Great minds think alike Moondog - :shy:

I know T-Rex has stated he wants to stay but the article in SMH reads to me like we still have to come to the party dollars wise. If another club offers ridiculous money and we aren't in the vacinity I think he'll take it.

Come on Dean - try to keep your articles a little bit realistic.

Nobody would believe Parra is actually after a good player unless he was about to spend a year or two out of the game on a Morman mission!

Is that the other part of the rumour? Did Hoppa get in Trex's ear?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7