Tony Williams - Joined the Dogs for the cash

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
In a refreshing piece of honesty, T-Rex has admitted that he only joined the Scumdogs for the money.....reported to be around $2.4 million for four years. Des being there was part of it, but he left Manly because the Dogs offered him a lot more money.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/canterbury-bulldogs/canterburys-tony-williams-admits-joining-bulldogs-was-for-money-not-love-20140930-10nk3g.html

Wow this is an amazing piece of news, a bit like Choc going to Parra for a change of scenery.

Shock horror , a player moving because of money NO surely can't be right??

What a STUPID bit of journo work, must be a light week for them

Trying to manufacture a dogs villain for the GF? Part of the all hail souths brigade?

Maybe they need an article of whether the souths players got to keep those Armani suits they used to arrive to the games in?

Because it's just as relevant.

The journo's are clearly missing Manly, imagine the hate fest if we were there.

Will the real manly turn up?
Will DCE talk to Choc

Blah blah blah

Mark from Brisbane said:
The journo's are clearly missing Manly, imagine the hate fest if we were there.

Will the real manly turn up?
Will DCE talk to Choc

Blah blah blah

Even reading the NZ reports on the dally M's it's like everyone gets a wrap but:

Lyon: Captain of the year because he held a fractious Manly side together (dig dig)

Dce: Halfback even though had a massive form slump at the end of year and players accuse him of being part of the problem (dig dig dig)

so it's rare that (as we know) just simply get a report done on wonderful Manly without the little digs that little journo's always have.

So......

T-rex: Left Manly for the money. Is Manly broke? Nrl should appoint a board and run the club! Manly should merge. Are they trading insolvently? royal commission called!!!!

- Is the calibre of reporting we expect!

Party on!

Nice revelation on the eve of the grand final.

I don't really want to play for the dogs but they offered me the most money.

I can see the acceptance speech if he wins the CC

"I would like to thank the Bulldogs for paying me the most money and the morons who pump their hard earned into the poker machines at the Leagues Club. Without you it would not have been possible for me to come to this dump of an area. A special shout out to Todd Greenberg for making sure the salary cap didn't stop them paying me as much money as possible."

Like father, like son. It's all about the $$$$$$$.

I'm glad he's gone with that sort of attitude. And please don't give me the BS that they have to do what's best for the family.

To some extent it's true but these players are being paid exorbitant amounts of money and have the best medical care on and off the field. Players from yesteryear didn't have that luxury.

If loyalty doesn't exist in the game anymore then it's a sad day for the NRL and their fans.

Off course no one on here has ever left a job for another for more money

So the big goof has got 1 year left on his massively overpaid contract. So where is the media styled paranoic rantings about what clubs are chasing him and how much he's been offered for his next contract? Ohh sorry I forgot it's only Manly that attracts that sort of shrill reporting.

At least the guy is honest and telling the truth. Much better than a lot of other NRL players and people in general who just dance around the questions or give some sort of clichéd response.

Good on you Tony get it while you can because your body will be bent and broken and your job prospects will be limited in a vary short 10 year NRL career.

It hasn't been money well spent. In recent matches he has improved, but he still doesn't understand that he would be far more damaging if he ran onto the ball, not simply stopping and trying to 'bunt' tacklers away.
I'm glad he's gone. He was frustrating to watch knowing he could be so much better if only he had some footballing nous.

The Who said:
It hasn't been money well spent. In recent matches he has improved, but he still doesn't understand that he would be far more damaging if he ran onto the ball, not simply stopping and trying to 'bunt' tacklers away.
I'm glad he's gone. He was frustrating to watch knowing he could be so much better if only he had some footballing nous.

Didn't Williams only ever run onto the ball when he was at Manly because he had Foz constantly screaming in his ear to do that?

You know, I don't blame the guy for taking the money they offered him. Hell, if someone was going to pay me $600,000 a year to be a lazy arsed second rower I'd seriously....SERIOUSLY think about taking it. But at the same time I'd be very hard pressed to leave Manly.

I totally agree with The Who......T-Rex could be so much better, even better than both $BW and Grub Brother Sam (as second rowers come). If he ever realised that he'd hardly ever miss out on an Origin or Test jumper.

If only he used his talents for good (Manly) rather than evil (Scumdogs).

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4