Tony Williams Myths

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

codewana

Reserve Grader
I know there'll be some here who say "he only lead to one try against us", but I'm sick of this guy taking up a spot on our team. Let's go through the T-Rex myths:

Myth 1: "He scores so many tries"
The argument that his selection on the wing was justified by the number of tries he scored doesn't hold anymore. I'll bet that Oldfield and Wolfman have scored just as many for the number of games playing outside of Lyon. I'd say that there weren't too many tries that T.Williams was wholeheartedly responsible for.

Myth 2: "He's a work in progress..."
How many seasons has he played now? 3? When is it an appropriate time for Crusher and Des, who usually find the right talent, to finally admit they got it wrong with this guy?

I don't want to put a damper on the win, and I really thought he was improving and having a go, but watching the game tonight has made me realise that I shouldn't have second guessed myself. Getting caught with the ball when he should have spun it I can live with, but knocking on so close to their line and them scoring a try from the very next set is unacceptable. Can't wait til we offload this guy.

I thought he had a great game. Besides the one drop he played strongly

I do wish he would run harder though, especially close to the line. Like James does, he is a handfull.

I thought he wasn't that bad tonight. Was a bit more aggressive in his running instead of just looking to bump, made a couple of good tackles as well. Could have buried Presto at one point but put him down reasonably easy.

He played a lot better than Mauro did tonight.

He was given more game time this week, however he offered very little yet again. I have defended him in the past but no more he is a bloody powder puff. Why didn't he or one of our forwards put some big hits on James and tagatessi?

Not just that Kiwi, he went missing a few times tonight. It may have been the extra minutes and a lack of match fitness but the commentators remarked on his lack of oomph in attack. How great would it be to hava a Matai with a TRex phyisique.

Yeah, is very similar to a 4-5 seasons ago when matai was regarded as crap and even if he saved 3 tries with his defense, the 1 he would let in would be all over the forum

Williams wasn't great tonight, but he wasnt crap either. He fitted in about the same category as about 8-10 of the side. There was also twice he made tackles that stopped a quick man from streaking away. It was also his ball that sent Robbo away down the sideline at 1 point as well

codewana said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Daniel said:
I thought he had a great game. Besides the one drop he played strongly

The one drop is the only thing that matters Dan

It did lead to a try Kiwi Eagle.

Interesting that you were expecting this sort of posts, eh?

I trust Des and I believe in T Williams, it's great we can all post our opinions but really.........myths??? I just watched our boys and guess what.............big T-Rex ran with some aggression..............things will only get better!!!

Kiwi Eagle said:
Williams wasn't great tonight, but he wasnt crap either. He fitted in about the same category as about 8-10 of the side. There was also twice he made tackles that stopped a quick man from streaking away. It was also his ball that sent Robbo away down the sideline at 1 point as well

He may not have been crap, but, and I'll say it yet again, for someone of his size and now that he has had a couple of years under his belt he really needs to be doing more. Someone said it in this thread, and its so true - imagine if he had Matai's will!

He has been much, much better the last couple of weeks, but he has gone back to being disinterested and accident prone IMO.

I still don't think he knows what's expected of him and it was always going take a while for him to make the transition from winger to impact forward, but I'd love him to show more ticker every now and then. He can run over the top of people when he wants to - he just doesn't seem to want to that often.
The bit that bugged me most about his game tonight was on their last try, where he just stood around in defence and waited for something to happen. Sometimes he just looks lost out there - like he wandered onto the oval and found a footy game going on and it caught him by surprise.

Tony Williams frustrates me so much, esp his mistake that led to Titans scoring...

But for some bizarre reason i have time for this kid, so much potential....

codewana said:
He may not have been crap, but, and I'll say it yet again, for someone of his size and now that he has had a couple of years under his belt he really needs to be doing more. Someone said it in this thread, and its so true - imagine if he had Matai's will!

Is that why you religiously regurgitate seemingly the exact same post seemingly every week codewana?

That T-Rex should be a star because he looks bigger and stronger?

he would be more effective if he wasn`t so flat footed when he recieves the ball.. he doesnt make much effort to run into spaces or anyone in the opposition line who he could trample , he seems to just dordle around & sometimes even goes missing from the wing when he should be there to finish off a move..
.. i wish he had solomon haumonos agility..:(

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7