Tony Williams

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
watchin online and Tony Williams has come off the bench and it looks like he is playing in the forwards
he is having a good game so far
49 metres from 5 runs
7 tackles

we bought an item from a bloke that is the trainer for Wentworthville who says that Tony Williams played for his team this season and he was as shocked as anyone to see him not re-signed by parra, he said this kid has all the skills and he reckons he will be huge success at Manly

The kid is only 19. Some call him lazy but for a kid that age to playing NRL is amazing. Watch him grow in confidence and thank Parramatta for all they do for Manly. :)

Speaking of Parra players - Felto Mateo last night looked like he's been in an awfully good paddock since Parra last played.  Imagine turning up that podgy to pre-season training, let alone a supposed pinnacle of world rugby league.

Williams to fire up for Tonga

28 Oct 08 @ 06:14pm by JASON AVEDISSIAN
http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/williams-to-fire-up-for-tonga/

TONGAN World Cup coach Jim Dymock believes Sea Eagles 2009 recruit Tony Williams could be the “X-factor” in securing a win over rivals Samoa on Friday night. Williams will be named in Dymock’s 17-man squad today.

The powerful winger turned backrower was initially left out of the Tongan squad for Monday night’s clash with Ireland but received a late call-up after Awen Guttenbeil withdrew through injury.

Dymock was content with Williams’ efforts against the Wolfhounds, but believes he has more to offer if he lifts his work-rate.

“He’s big, he’s strong and he can run pretty quick,” Dymock told The Manly Daily yesterday.

“He can be the X-factor for us against the Samoans, and hopefully he will be.

“When he gets the ball, he’s very powerful and can be very devastating.

“He’s a big unit, he just needs a bigger engine.”

And Dymock believes Williams will fine-tune his engine under Manly premiership-winning coach Des Hasler in the summer months ahead.

“Des is a great coach and a great motivator and we all know how fit he was as a player,” Dymock said.

“He’ll bring out the best in Tony. He’s still very young and learning about his body, still acclimatising to first grade football.”

Matabele link said:
Speaking of Parra players - Felto Mateo last night looked like he's been in an awfully good paddock since Parra last played.  Imagine turning up that podgy to pre-season training, let alone a supposed pinnacle of world rugby league.

He didn't look all that different to how he looks during the season. He always has a bit of a chubby look. I don't think it's a fitness thing, because he carries the baby fat look throughout the season...it's just his 'look'. Hard to explain.

Apparantly the tongans and samoans are all expecting this weekend's clash between the two teams to be 80 minutes of violence.  Should be a few punch ups not only on the ground but between the supporters. 

Guess a 1,000 years of hatred between the two nations will ensure a fun night.

The riot squad is on stand by.

No disrespect here, but Williams is being desribed from The Parra coach, The Parra fans, The Tongan coach, and now some Manly fans as "has ability, but is lazy, and doesn't get involved enough".

I know Des is a craftsman with players, but I just want to see him come out and shock everyone in a game. LIFT big man !

I also think Shane Rodney, JW Hargreaves & Kenny Edwards should be in front of him as the number 17. That being said, I believe Chris Bailey will fill that role, so he won't be in the team I reckon.

Too early to make that call. The guy totally blitzed the Toyota Cup, when playing with people his own age. It will depend very much on what role he is given - run on or impact player. As someone to play in 20 min bursts he could be a sensation.

Give the guy some time - it is a huge jump from park footy to NRL in 12 months.

Ryan link said:
No disrespect here, but Williams is being desribed from The Parra coach, The Parra fans, The Tongan coach, and now some Manly fans as \"has ability, but is lazy, and doesn't get involved enough\".

the same can be said for all the Eels except for Hindmarsh and Cayless.  Actually, they're both fat, just not lazy or uninvolved. 

i remember Ryan saying Vaeleki should be starting about this time last year. I hope you are true to form with williams being behing all those others especially rodney

Fluffy link said:
i remember Ryan saying Vaeleki should be starting about this time last year. I hope you are true to form with williams being behing all those others especially rodney

To be fair mate, Vaeliki was a pretty good player at Parra, then fell away a bit in the UK. I thought it may have been an attitude thing with him, and he may have re-captured that form that made him a test international.

I was wrong though. Horribly, horribly wrong - possible worst buy - EVER !
Actually Douggie was the 1st one to warn me of what I should have expected from the guy! 

Ok... after watching his first two world cup efforts i am sure that  he is going to be a huge signing for us. Man he is powerful, he absolutely flattened vagana to set up a try and looked dangerous whenever he was near the ball.

An off season under des will turn this kid into a star. I think we should enjoy ourselves as this year and the next is our designated time at the top of the game.

Yeah I thought he went pretty good as well, Zorba's article in Manly Daily today says he will be in the forwards and he can expect a pretty hard off season to get him fit

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6