Too matabele...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
Seem as though you have been banned from ME for no apparent reasons I thought I would bring you the latest offering from DJ sprook in response to your discussion last night.

I havn't read it all because the bloke who wrote it has a picture of himself ****ing a brass wally so I think we know what we're dealing with. Im not sure if it all concerns you but its good for anyone who wants know how to give them selves a serious nose bleed.

Sorry mick - i was so tired last night (still am - think i will go back to snoozuyland lol) when i posted in this thread i missed reading your post - basically u have said exactly what i was trying to say (with no where near the aplomb you have done it!!)
it is precisely this type of poster we dont need - i am certainly in the glass full category and while i really dont fully understand the glass half empty category - i have no qualms about their posts and u will find i "get into them" with some good natured ribbing (ala a post i made earlier in the season when i tried to get kiwi eagle to "fill his glass" a little - which was all in good fun and kiwi realised this and responded accordingly which was great) but i still believe they are entitled to their half full opinions

it is the third poster that you have described so well that i have a problem with - and it is this type of poster that is constantly giving it to sgt and when anyone disagrees with them > they are branded a congo line participant and then the trouble usually begins!

as i said i dont want to be on sides - however i like many others have been accused of being in this so called conga line because we have agreed with sgt's deletion of these posts - the funny thing is if i had the difficult task of moderating this site i would have bben many times harsher than sgt with some of these posters - in fact i doubt if many of you would have heard of the posters if i was moderator as they would have beeen gooooorrrrrrne virtually immediately - and yet sgt is labelled as being with them and is accused of not allowing freedom of speech

i suggest for an exercise these people join, let's say the liberal party ?/ or the labour party website and then proceed to post similar styles of posts on those sites basically attacking other posters and see how long they would last on those sites!

i have absolutely no envy whatsoever for sgt's job as a moderator on this site - it wouldnt be easy by any stretch of the imagination - but i will say that i have expressed my views and have had a coupla my own posts deleted - these werent deleted cuz i disagreed with sgt (i have had posts as such and they have stayed) they were deleted cuz i got carried away and was a bit of a dik whilst posting - fair enough in my opinion - i am the first to admit i can find the line and step over it on occasion (never lol) it is the third posting type's failure to admit when they are simply wrong or have posted in a non acceptable manner and then accusing others (mainly sgt) for their lack of "rights" to continue expressing these types of posts

i think u would find that if you took a little bit of time to get to know sgt (as i have done - not nearly enough as i would like) you will find he is actually quietly spoken, extremely funny (albeit in the driest form!) and from what i have been very lucky to find out for myself - he would do just about anything for you and will go out of his way to do this - u cant beat that in my honest opinion!

i will say again from some of the posts i have read that it does look to me that matabele is making a huge efffort to remove himself from the third type of poster category and into one of the other two - and i will admit that is going to be tuff as some people are still peed off with "matabele category 3"

i for one will be happy to see matabele achieve his exit from that category and if he becomes a half empty type poster and disagrees with me on a regular basis i will respect his opinion (will still argue and "give it to him" in a good natured way) but i will be only too happy to see those opinions expressed

from the reaction matable does get - it is going to be extremely hard for him not to bite back but from what i have seen he has managed so far (dare i say he has managed far better than i would have if i was in his position) and i do believe he can now see what mick and i have been trying to get across about that 3rd category and is trying to get awy from that style of posting > i wish him the best of luck in doing so

it is just a shame that some of his supporters are still "pushing the barrow"

i think the bottom line if you are a manly supporter is no matter whether you post "half-empty" or "half-full" your post should be "helpful" to the club you support (this can and does include criticism) but if all it does is turn supporters against each other and is generally destabilising then you have to ask yourself whether u really are a supporter of the club or are just here to **** stir!

i think matabele has come to a similar conclusion himself and has decided to do something about it which i applaud

well mick once again i have tried to say what you did in one small paragraph and have failed dismally lol

what gives you the right to post so succinctly after only 3 posts >> roflmao

i know for sure that after getting back from brookie and reading the many pages of what i call "happy" posts form supporters after our win - that the "feel" on the site is incredible and much more enjoyable than the sniping at each other which has prevailedc in recent times - i still as yet havent read many of the posts but am going to do so cuz it leaves me in a fantastic mood seeing so many people expressing their opinions all in the name of "helping" and supporting our mighty club

i really hope the 3rd category of post is wiped from the site completely but the people that are currently posting in this manner are not lost to the site but "evolve" into one of the other two categories

FLIPS OPINION: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

not only that flip where did the first attack in the post come from, an AE person or otherwise. In fact there was little in the way of attack from any AE person

AS i walked past the rockers on sunday i heard them say AE alert. Some of them just need to get over it - we were cheering just as loud as them.

Being Victimised at a Manly Home game??? Outragouse. And too think we have been targeted as aggressors. Fluffy, I would lodge a formal complaint with the club over that one. It is completly unacceptable.

It wasnt about me - i am anonymous - well until byso posts the pic.

It was probably Dan in front of them - they must have been looking hard.

I doubt it most of them have little problem with me. I always try to say hello to the guys I know like Groggo, Cliffy GC, Smokey, SGT etc.

I didnt get much of a chance on Sunday as i wanted to cement myself in the seats before someone else got them.

Its all just silly and htey were just having a laugh like we do.

Nothing to worry about really

What can you say becoming a bit of a joke really. I suppose the agendas are clear for all to see.

What can I say good luck to him and his crusade. I really don't care. People can come here with an open mind and make there own judgments. With the amount of hits the site gets we must have far more fans than some select rockers think.

<span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Mon Mar 28 2005, 06:00AM ]</span>

If others were big enough to take the approach of djspook there wouldn't be a problem. However, everyone can see who the initial agressors were and who carried it one. And they can also see I was committed to playing a straight bat.

Yet I'm the one that gets banned? Draw your conclusions from that about who has an agenda.

Can someone put that on ME for me?

It is my unfortunate duty to bare the news that your latest offering of the bird has been deleted from the Mighty Eagles Website.

Get over it guys. Whilst I struggle to understand why Matabele has been banned once again I say move on. Most Manly supporters are good and unfortunately a few spoil it for others everywhere - like in life.

Obviously a few people have agendas and can't move on from what they saw last year - that's there problem. It doesn't serve anyone to have a war. I am staying right away from an AE related posts on other forums as getting involved only feeds the egos of the complainants and starts up bunfights. Noone wins!

I would still love to know why Mata was banned though - not sure what was done this time as his posts have been even and very tolerant.

It is my unfortunate duty to bare the news that your latest offering of the bird has been deleted from the Mighty Eagles Website.

Matabele just likes to extend his work (and this one is for the better) too all manly fans. Its the fact that sometimes others stop him from doing so that upsets us all. Its a great piece and one worthy for all to read.

Get over it guys. Whilst I struggle to understand why Matabele has been banned once again I say move on. Most Manly supporters are good and unfortunately a few spoil it for others everywhere - like in life.

Obviously a few people have agendas and can't move on from what they saw last year - that's there problem. It doesn't serve anyone to have a war. I am staying right away from an AE related posts on other forums as getting involved only feeds the egos of the complainants and starts up bunfights. Noone wins!

I would still love to know why Mata was banned though - not sure what was done this time as his posts have been even and very tolerant.
Agreed. I'm completely over it. If people want to read it, they'll just have to come here.

"Get over it guys. Whilst I struggle to understand why Matabele has been banned once again I say move on. Most Manly supporters are good and unfortunately a few spoil it for others everywhere - like in life.

I would still love to know why Mata was banned though - not sure what was done this time as his posts have been even and very tolerant."

Congratulations on your crystal clear view,sometimes I think certain aliases crave others acknowledgement to exist. A free bit of advice......Not everyone is going to like/agree with you and when all is said and done,does it matter.

I'm curious to hear when this "AE alert" remark was made? I was on the hill with Greg,AJ,Spook from the end of Flegg and can't remember any such comment being made. If it was I certaintly didn't hear it and doubt whether it could have been heard at any distance.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4