Tooves fights to hold Watmough

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

tookey

First Grader
WE hear that Manly coach Geoff Toovey and unsettled back-rower Anthony Watmough met last week.

Watmough is still seeking an early release to join Parramatta.

Although a lightweight retention committee at Manly has approved Watmough's premature departure, Toovey has other thoughts.

"'Tooves' doesn't want 'Choc' going anywhere, despite what others at the club may want," said our club insider.

"Watmough is Manly's best forward. Who lets their best forward walk out when still under contract?

"Let's see how tough Toovey can be - or will he buckle under pressure from internal forces at the club?"

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/the-lurker---nrl-rumour-file---wednesday/i34j5n367i6n1nw23uu61zze7

Manly should look up the dodgy phone to find out who the insider is and boot him.

Let Choc and Tooves have chat and come to some arrangement

I heard from a VERY unreliable source that Parra can't fit him into their cap, and that he's re-negotiating the two year extension we originally offered him :)

Yes, I said UNreliable.

Ryan said:
I heard from a VERY unreliable source that Parra can't fit him into their cap, and that he's re-negotiating the two year extension we originally offered him :)

Yes, I said UNreliable.

So the Tele..?

Could he now become a Packer-Whacker in red and green, joining his mate, with his salary paid in gambling chips?

If this does happen it would have to do down as one of the more funny things to happen here....ever...

Choc or not...I don't understand keeping a player who doesn't want to be there. Particularly one whose been so divisive already.

Id say tooves is caught in the scenario where he lets choc go he is pressured to do the same for stewart, matai and foran. For me and it seems the rest of us - I cant wait to see the back of him, replace him with Blake Leary

Yeah get rid of him IF Parra can pay him. If we have to then Choc can suck it up for a year. No way Manly should pay him to play for Parra.

lsz said:
If this does happen it would have to do down as one of the more funny things to happen here....ever...

There will be an awful lot of backpedaling Isz. Similar to the Kieran Forum.

......"Let's see how tough Toovey can be - or will he buckle under pressure from internal forces at the club?"

Internal forces indeed.

Tooves doesn't hold all the cards but if he's mad enough, you won't wanna stand in his way.

I truly love this champion little bloke (ie, hombre a hombre, nothing queer, just in admiration, from afar). :D

He really bleeds maroon and white like the Beaver.
We're very lucky to have him at the helm.

Good luck, Tooves, and may the force ...or forces ...be with you.

Shnorky said:
Id say tooves is caught in the scenario where he lets choc go he is pressured to do the same for stewart, matai and foran. For me and it seems the rest of us - I cant wait to see the back of him, replace him with Blake Leary

Leary won't be going anywhere close to 1st grade any time soon. Consider:-

08. Lawrence
09. Ballin
10. Starling
11. Watmough
12. Symonds
13. Buhrer

14. Hodges
15. Lefao
16. Lui
17. Horo

THEN

18. Trbojevic
19. Hasson
20. Andrews
21. Chee Kam
22. Sao

MAYBE even

23. Taufua (if Toovey wants Gutherson OR Blair in the team)

THEN it would be:-

24. Leary
25. Baker
26. Tetevano (if he stays out of the clink)

Ryan said:
Shnorky said:

Leary won't be going anywhere close to 1st grade any time soon. Consider:-

08. Lawrence
09. Ballin
10. Starling
11. Watmough
12. Symonds
13. Buhrer

14. Hodges
15. Lefao
16. Lui
17. Horo

THEN

18. Trbojevic
19. Hasson
20. Andrews
21. Chee Kam
22. Sao

MAYBE even

23. Taufua (if Toovey wants Gutherson OR Blair in the team)

THEN it would be:-

24. Leary
25. Baker
26. Tetevano (if he stays out of the clink)

That's about right but no point wasting a bench spot on Hodges if Buhrer is healthy. Ballin is still an 80 minute hooker and if he does take a knock, Buhrer can slide over. Better off sticking another bopper in there...

And your proof that is is all chocs "fault" is? Or should i just go to the tele?

If anyone can convince Choc to stay it will be Toov's. If Choc stays, I think they'll all stay.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6