Tooves Is Better

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ramrod

Reserve Grader
I think Tooves is the better coach.

After all, according to all the experts, Toovey had to deal with an "ageing roster". Somehow, he motivated and maneuvered our troops to a strong early start to the season.

He also found better and cheaper reinforcements for our "ageing roster".

Despite T-Rex having left our club, I felt sorry for him tonight. During half time, you can see him on TV with his coach giving him an earful in the sheds. You can tell he was being defensive with whatever was said against him.

Did I mention how awesome Tooves is?

We have to watch out otherwise Parra and the Dogs might try and buy him too.

--

You know yourself when you walk into a new job what it is like. You know the technical side, relevant legilsation and may or may not have had experience BUT it takes time for even the most experienced worker to settle in and find rhythm. It is no different in football.

Toovey got us to 4th last year which was a hell of a result given the overall picture which we are al aware of.

He did well and I think this whole -back to back talk upset a lot of fans. Another year on and look a more confident team and general positive outlook.
Toovey needed time - to think, plan and prepare, ike all of us in our jobs. He is no different and is doing a great job. Kudos to him...

We look fit. We play as we're fit, strong, fast and structured. Joeys Johns I think has made a massive difference. I think Cherry Evans made a few bad calls in the second half but geez we do look good.

There is a steely resolve about Tooves, no doubt. An arrogance that all the best coaches seem to possess. I enjoyed it when just before kick off Joey endorsed Toovey's credentials by stating he'd go on to be a great coach. All in all a terrific night.

I have thoroughly enjoyed tooves in the top job. He is taking the club in a great direction and bleeds Maroon, what more do you want.

2V is doing a fantastic job.

+1000 for 2V

Tooves is going really well but it would be naive to think that he hasn't benefitted hugely from Des' legacy. Just look back to how rubbish we were when Des took the helm.... He has won us 2 premierships since then. His record as a coach is very worthy of respect.

Having said that I think Tooves has the brain for it and the structures that are in place at the club now are very, very effective. Joey is definitely having a positive impact too, Cherry and Foz are playing much more relaxed, smarter football this year.

We havnt seen the real Tooves yet. Im sure he is happy with where its all going in 13 but its a fair way from where judgement needs to be made. So far so bloody good is all we can do for now.

Love what Tooves is doing with the club - he's Manly through and through. I also think he's better at delegating and sharing responsibilities among his coaching staff. The players all talk about the work Brad Arthur is doing with the defence, and then of course there's Andrew Johns and his work with the halves. Des was all about Des (whether by media construct or the force of his own ego, which I'm guessing eventually caught up to the media construct); Tooves is about the team.

Des won you lot 2 Grand Finals and took mine within a Bees Dick last year.

Toovey is going really well but very early in his career to compare one would think,

Ron E. Gibbs said:
Love what Tooves is doing with the club - he's Manly through and through. I also think he's better at delegating and sharing responsibilities among his coaching staff. The players all talk about the work Brad Arthur is doing with the defence, and then of course there's Andrew Johns and his work with the halves. Des was all about Des (whether by media construct or the force of his own ego, which I'm guessing eventually caught up to the media construct); Tooves is about the team.
Ron, I can't recall an interview where Des did not give credit to his coaching staff when he was being praised by the media.

He would say things like it's a team effort and so and so has done a great job etc, which is the reason he tried to take as many of them as he could with him.

Give as much praise to Tooves as you like but if you took Snake, Killer, Choc, Gift & Kite out of our team how well would we be going.

Guzzler said:

Toovey is going really well but very early in his career to compare one would think,

Should say that to some of your mates at the kennel who are ripping in to Hasler like there's no tomorrow

Of course Tooves is better, there is no argument possible. Tooves coaches Manly. Des used to be good ;)

he coaches like he played,always for manly and I reckon the attitude of the defence is a reflection of how he played

Guzzler said:

Last night The 2V team with an ageing roster and away from home comprehensively out coached and out played a desperate dogs side that was primed up by your great coach Des for a big win .
Des was great with Manly becuase he had the best assistant coach to support him and that was the magnificent 2V. Des wont be the same at the dogs becuase 2V is not there to help him.
So stick that bees dick up your ass sunshine :D

What Tooves has shown is that he is a "Strategic" coach. Not only has he recruited well and with an eye to regenerating the team but also with his coaching recruitment of Joey & Brad Arthur. He obviously has some help via his team but as Head Coach he ultimately signs off on major football operations decisions. He will only keep growing as a coach and ultimately join De$ & Bellamy as modern day elite coaches.

Yes. Tooves is prepared to try players more than Despicable was, who always named the same team. The case in point is Tom Symonds. After Big Red's first game in Reggies Tooves promoted him to the 17. Two more strong performances from the bench and Tom was in the starting 13, at the expense of a regular starting player.
That's picking players on merit, and should be commended.
Despicable has stuck with She Rex for far too long. He should drop She Rex to reserve grade and make him prove he wants to play first grade.

Tooves didn't drop Tony last year did he ?

Give Toovey some time before throwing all these things around about being better than Hasler etc, he is still learning his trade and it is extremely early days. What makes a coach great is Premierships under their belts so a bit premature with Toovey

We all know what the views on Stuart are in here, and he took teams to the big game in his 1st 3 years as an NRL coach

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6