Tooves on NRL 360

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Killer03

Bencher
Just been watching Tooves and Robinson on NRL 360...now not wanting to put the boot into Des (ok yes I do), but is it just me or is Tooves just so much more likeable? He will make the odd joke, say things and not just sit there and say nothing for 10mins.

I thought Tooves handled himself really well, and showed that he will interact with the media (something Des didn't do).

It's not just you:)
Tooves is a huge asset. He's honest, passionate and able to articulate his thoughts. He's also occasionally hilarious. And I get the sense he knows how to delegate - to give his assistants and players responsibilities and rewards. He was always a team player and it looks like that's carried into his coaching.
It also helps that he IS Manly, through and through.

They were talking about their hookers and showed a clip of Friend running 60m to score and Robinson was saying how well he did to not get run down. Then start talking about Ballin and they showed some footage, then Snake's magic pass last week to put Ballin over untouched from 1m out. Toovey goes, "Oh, there's Ballin scoring a try." Then adds as a cheeky afterthought, "They couldn't catch him." Cracked the panel up, and me too.

With Tooves setting the tone our boys will be relaxed and ready to rumble on Sunday, absolutely no doubt in the world.

Tooves has been great this year. Even the team are in the media more and looked really relaxed and happy.

Robinson was a barrel of fun......lol not

Ron E. Gibbs said:
It's not just you:)
Tooves is a huge asset. He's honest, passionate and able to articulate his thoughts. He's also occasionally hilarious. And I get the sense he knows how to delegate - to give his assistants and players responsibilities and rewards. He was always a team player and it looks like that's carried into his coaching.
It also helps that he IS Manly, through and through.

Yeh Jamie Buhrer mentioned that about the delegating on the Back Page. And made a comment insinuating that Des was a complete control freak and Tooves wasn't.

It is a trait I admire about Tooves. But as we know winning is everything (well almost but true). I'm loving what he does with the media, I'm loving what he does with the players, but Sunday will say whether his style is right. At this moment I certainly believe so. I'm incredibly optimistic. Go Manly!

ManlyBacker said:
It is a trait I admire about Tooves. But as we know winning is everything (well almost but true). I'm loving what he does with the media, I'm loving what he does with the players, but Sunday will say whether his style is right. At this moment I certainly believe so. I'm incredibly optimistic. Go Manly!

Hang on - so by your reckoning if we lose the style is wrong? There are some tough markers here

voicefromthehill said:
ManlyBacker said:

Hang on - so by your reckoning if we lose the style is wrong? There are some tough markers here

If it close and we we put in, then I'll accept that. Anything else and the questions rightly need to be asked imo.

ManlyBacker said:
voicefromthehill said:
ManlyBacker said:

If it close and we we put in, then I'll accept that. Anything else and the questions rightly need to be asked imo.

Dude, we made the grand final, I'm sure Manly will put in. Tooves has unearthed some great talent in the process and I can't ask for anything more from him.

Plus, imo last weeks win was the greatest victory since the 2008 grand final.

ManlyBacker said:
voicefromthehill said:
ManlyBacker said:

Give yourself an upper cut. You sound like a parramatta backer.

ManlyBacker said:
voicefromthehill said:
ManlyBacker said:

Interesting perspective. So by that reckoning runner up (even if beaten by better team) is as bad as, losing last week, the week before, going out first week of the finals, missing the 8 or even getting the spoon. Yes I am being hyperbolic, but you seem to be undervaluing the achievement already made (as is the case with other posters on this board).

ManlyBacker said:
voicefromthehill said:
ManlyBacker said:

Wow this interesting.

What if the roosters come out play better than us in every department and win by 20?

bob dylan said:
Wow this interesting.

What if the roosters come out play better than us in every department and win by 20?

What if I don't drink so much and post dribble late at night. That would also help :) I'm not sure what I was getting at.

In reply Bob to a 20 pt loss then I would be disappointed. Like '07. Like Storm last year.

ManlyBacker said:
bob dylan said:
Wow this interesting.

What if I don't drink so much and post dribble late at night. That would also help :) I'm not sure what I was getting at.

In reply Bob to a 20 pt loss then I would be disappointed. Like '07. Like Storm last year.

Lol

Yeah its disappointing, but it happens. Trying to prepare myself just in case.

Regardless of the result I think Tooves has been nothing short of super & needs nothing more to prove this point.
He is Manly inside & out, the players respect him as do fans & imo, results are better than anyone but a Manly supporter would expect.
A win Sunday will just be another massive step to put a plug in the doubters.
Tactically the Roosters coach will be equal imo, but its the passion & competitive nature that can turn this tight match into a Seaeagles win & this motivation could be directly attributed to Toovey.

MK Eagle said:
Regardless of the result I think Tooves has been nothing short of super & needs nothing more to prove this point.
He is Manly inside & out, the players respect him as do fans & imo, results are better than anyone but a Manly supporter would expect.
A win Sunday will just be another massive step to put a plug in the doubters.
Tactically the Roosters coach will be equal imo, but its the passion & competitive nature that can turn this tight match into a Seaeagles win & this motivation could be directly attributed to Toovey.

Even the media are now starting to recognize Tooves qualities.....bout (expletives) time!

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4