Tooves Trump card.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
The modern day coach has access to very similar styles...all the best training drills, formations, similar 2nd man plays, controlling the ruck area ect....

The main thing that differentiates what a coach brings to the table, is belief & attitude where the players buy into the coach & are inspired by his values...
This is why the Ricky Stuart coaches types who are nomads, wondering from club to club have players that lack passion....not a fan of Stuart but he does have a good footy brain, yet the players dont seem to respond to his methods or believe in him.
Toovey loves the Manly club, he fires up on the us against the world mentallity & it comes across as the Manly players fight for a bone in every play, unlike other teams who dont compete these 1% plays....even the new unknown players buy into this system thats been contagous the past 8 or so seasons.
Obviously it helps to have a solid squad of players but there has been many teams across the NRL with strong rosters over this same period who have failed badly due to lack of desire.

In an open competition the attitude Tooves bring to the Seaeagles is imo, 1 of the biggest trumpcards again, in 2014.

I think the real test for Tooves will come in about 2016/17, when players like Snake, Matai, Killer, Choc, Ballin, & King are gone. Good recruitment will play a big part then, but Tooves will also have to work harder to get the younger and less experienced players to stand up for every match. I would be looking out for a smart and experienced centre (such as a William Hopoate) and front rower to buy to help the Manly side from 2016 on.

St merge always under performed then they bought bennet and won their first title.
A good coach is great.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7