Toovey and Kite

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
Are these two blokes the most underrated in the entire NRL.

All we heard pre season from the experts was how Manly was on the slide and will miss the eight,no depth etc yet here they lie 3rd with a game to go. Maguire,Robinson,Bellamy get raved about each week yet Tooves is treated like a dinasour doing his best.There is not a shadow of a doubt when Tooves finally got a fit and healthy backline that we showed that we possess the best set plays in the comp which comes primarily from the coach.We have a good one boys and in true Manly tradition we will have him for a long time.

Kite is an Eagle legend.Premierships,origins,tests and a week to week professionalism second to none.HE SHOULD BE GIVEN A HEROES SEND OFF NEXT WEEK.

ps DCE is a superstar.

susan said:
Are these two blokes the most underrated in the entire NRL.

All we heard pre season from the experts was how Manly was on the slide and will miss the eight,no depth etc yet here they lie 3rd with a game to go. Maguire,Robinson,Bellamy get raved about each week yet Tooves is treated like a dinasour doing his best.There is not a shadow of a doubt when Tooves finally got a fit and healthy backline that we showed that we possess the best set plays in the comp which comes primarily from the coach.We have a good one boys and in true Manly tradition we will have him for a long time.

Kite is an Eagle legend.Premierships,origins,tests and a week to week professionalism second to none.HE SHOULD BE GIVEN A HEROES SEND OFF NEXT WEEK.

ps DCE is a superstar.

Agee Kitey is one of the best signings made in the last 20 years, champion player and champion bloke. I'll be at Brooky next Sunday to add my voice to those cheering him and lets hope we can give him one final memory.......a Premiership ring!!

Well said Susan. You're right, they're both Eagle Legends and I hope Kitey gets the Brookie farewell that he very much deserves next week.

PS I haven't forgotten Kite's staunch support of Manly during the Desi-gate drama at the end of 2011. A true professional.

Kite is better now than when he had some representative games for NSW a few years ago. I rate him big time. A very very well rounded prop with great ball skills and running

After the game, as DCE goes across to kiss Vessa his partner, Kitey beat him to it and gave her a peck:D

I expect the DT rumour mongers to have another DCE story about his not getting along with Kitey :p

Apropos of that, how good was Snake's firs try - DCE pass to Gifty, pass to Snake - harmonious :D

Kite had a huge game last night.

Against one of the best teams in the comp and he hurled himself into it.

If Kite plays like this for the next few weeks, we'll be very hard to beat.

Grand Finals are won on the back of perfromances like his last night.

Thanks Brent, you are a Manly legend!

Mark from Brisbane said:
Agee Kitey is one of the best signings made in the last 20 years, champion player and champion bloke. I'll be at Brooky next Sunday to add my voice to those cheering him and lets hope we can give him one final memory.......a Premiership ring!!

Mark. Come and watch the game from the Hill. I'd love to catch up with you. And you are right with all you say about Brent. Last night was his best match this year imo, especially coming back from an injury.

Kite will truly be missed next year. He is performing at such a high level at the moment. His ability to continuously and consistently hit the ball up with intent as well as play linkman to the backs( I think he is the best front row linkman in the NRL) will leave a big gap that will be tough to fill. He truly is
a Manly legend. A consummate professional on and off the field. I'm sure he will get a huge farewell at Brookie. He is a Sea Eagle for life.

The Who said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Mark. Come and watch the game from the Hill. I'd love to catch up with you. And you are right with all you say about Brent. Last night was his best match this year imo, especially coming back from an injury.

@The Who yes mate will be on the hill, hope i catch up there or at Leaguies before or after

Kite is exceptionally underrated. But that is usually the case for someone who just does his job with no bs.

The thing I like about Kitey is he doesn't say much, but when he does it's usually well thought out and you listen. I remember his comments after the Battle of Brookvale and how he said 'if it's so disgraceful how come you media types are replaying it 20 times a day??'

As for Toovey, he's been living in Dessies shadow, and it seems to be the consensus that Toovey has just inherited this team and the success isn't his.
However as Steve Price and Anthony Griffin are realizing. When you lose a good coach it can be very hard to keep the team at the highest level...Tooves has done that.

Kite had a slow start to the year and was well below his best, however even a sub par kite is better than a lot out there. The last month or 2 he has been far more consistent well that is until last night where he looked the 2008 GF kite again. He must really hate the storm I think.

Really hoping we can see that kite through the finals as the 3 other pigs followed his lead and destroyed the scum pack, absolutely destroyed them by 500m (33%). If we play this type of footy in the finals we win, simple as that.

Please Kitey, get one more before retirement

I can't wait to be there next Sunday to send Brent off in style.

He has given his guts to this club and his skill is only exceeded by his quality as a human being.

You can forget everyone else the Riff have signed. Kitey is their true marquee signing.

It's sad to lose Kite after so many great years and it would have been good to have him as almost a one club man. But realistically its best he goes where he will get the best offer available. Manly potentially could have an awesome front row in a year or two with some of the kids coming through as well as what they are buying and already have. There was just no space left and it would have been tragic seeing him having to play out his final days in the NSW Cup.. Even King will struggle to get back in firsts I suspect.

Killer03 said:
As for Toovey, he's been living in Dessies shadow, and it seems to be the consensus that Toovey has just inherited this team and the success isn't his.
However as Steve Price and Anthony Griffin are realizing. When you lose a good coach it can be very hard to keep the team at the highest level...Tooves has done that.

Price and Griffin at least had a transition phase to the head coach role, not waking up one morning to find that they no longer had a boss above them!!!!

It is criminal that Tooves is not more widely recognised for what he achieved last year, let alone consolidating that form the following season.

Finally some people giving Toovey the praise he deserves. Too many were bagging him without any consideration for the fitness of our roster. The fact that we are going well despite the continued loss of two of our props from early in the season is a testament to;

1) Toovey's ability

2) Our recruitment

3) The toughness of our side

After last Saturday's game I'm looking forward to the finals with even more optimism.

Media doesn't praise Toovs anywhere near what he deserves but i am 100% sure the opposing coaches and players know that when he has his starting team on the park that they are the real deal. Even Ennis on the big sports breakfast constantly sees Manly as a massive finals threat. He proved on Saturday that there is a lot left in the Manly tank and the Storm were absolutely outclassed on Saturday.

We have always been this dangerous but at the crucial moment the error comes and the opposition capitalise. Fortunately on Saturday the errors were fewer and seriously that defense was the best i have seen all season.. can't recall the last time the Storm were forced to play so close to the edge that the constantly got dragged out over touch.

Psycologically it would have been a massive boost for the team to get one over a true battle hardened team and the reigning premiership champions. Had Jamie Lyon got a few more conversions the score line would have better reflected how dominant the Sea Eagles were.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
And a few more passes thrown instead of dying with the ball, and we may well have posted close to fifty on the scum.

Des set a great platform for our club onfield since the failed merger.
But he's been gone two years now and Toovey and his support team have been able to maintain our performance and in some areas taken our side to a new level. If we win the comp the media will start talking about tooves. Des didn't get much credit from the media until he left manly.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6