Toovey: eyeing top four berth

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it

LAST Sunday's game against the Newcastle Knights was memorable, to say the least. Our first half was great, we executed our game plan to perfection and once we got a roll on, the bounce of the ball went our way.

What pleased me most was the variety in how we scored our points.
Some of our tries were expansive, others were straight down the middle.
Newcastle didn't know what hit them and it showed on the scoreboard.
Once the result was assured at half-time, I told the boys to go out and enjoy themselves.
With a raft of injuries, the second half was always going to be a struggle.
Even though they put on a few points, I wasn't too concerned - we had 13 men and had a real dig, showing tremendous courage. Those kind of gritty performances often shape a season and hopefully that's the case this year.
WOUNDED BRONCOS
DON'T for a second think we will underestimate Brisbane tomorrow night.
The Broncos may have lost five straight, but they have plenty of good players who can hurt us if we give them a sniff.
With a top-four spot at stake we won't be taking the foot off the gas. They have a number of blokes back from injury and are playing for their season.
We got them at the death earlier this year at their place, and they will be keen to square the ledger.
DON'T BELIEVE HYPE
RECENT talk labelling us NRL premiership favourites has made me chuckle.
A few weeks ago the "experts" didn't want to know us, but now we are supposedly the team to beat. It shows how fickle the competition can be, if you gather some momentum people will start blowing up your tyres.
LAST AT BROOKIE
THIS will be our final home game of 2012, no matter where we finish on the table after 26 rounds.
In a perfect world we would host a semi-final in a few weeks' time, but I don't make the rules. So come out and support the boys, they always appreciate it. your support.
http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/eagles-eyeing-top-four-berth/

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7