Toovey hints that DCE will play

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kevinward777

First Grader
Tooves on channel nein indicating that DCE will play if he thinks he can get through 80 mins. He looked confident that Cherry will pull up ok.

On The Footy Show last night Erin Molan claimed that Cherry probably won't play. Joey countered by saying he probably could play but that Tooves might rest him. Seeing as Johns is part of our coaching staff I'd say he has more inside info than most, including Molan.

With all due respect. I'd believe anyone on this forum before I put faith in Erin Molan.

Personally, I'd err on the side of caution & rest DCE for this game. Surely we have enough to beat Sharks without him!

I think Sat night could be a good test for us. Personally (and I have no inside knowledge, or perhaps knowledge at all) I think he will be rested, and with Choc out that will show if we are prepared to roll out sleeves up against a Sharks side that typically plays tough, although injuries etc might be a problem for them too.

Sat night is a good opportunity for the younger brigade to stand up as a forward pack, and for JLJ to get another go in the halves.

I would be resting DCE as well.

We have the Roosters the following week, and we need him fit and firing for that clash!

HoldenV8 said:
On The Footy Show last night Erin Molan claimed that Cherry probably won't play. Joey countered by saying he probably could play but that Tooves might rest him. Seeing as Johns is part of our coaching staff I'd say he has more inside info than most, including Molan.

Her articles on the nrl site are an embarrassment. They are lightweight drivel, betraying a superficial understanding of the game, players and clubs.

Shoe1 said:
HoldenV8 said:

Her articles on the nrl site are an embarrassment. They are lightweight drivel, betraying a superficial understanding of the game, players and clubs.

Susan from Silvertails should get a gig like this. I know that there's a push to increase the amount of female representation in the game. Her analysis is as good as any i've read.

xavier said:
Shoe1 said:
HoldenV8 said:

Susan from Silvertails should get a gig like this. I know that there's a push to increase the amount of female representation in the game. Her analysis is as good as any i've read.

She is a he

I think you guys are all pretty harsh on Erin Molan. I don't think she looks like a dude. Susan on the other hand...

I don't mind Erin.

She's nice to look at and most of what comes outta her mouth is pretty benign.

And the poor girl's a Faders fan!

#Where is @susan recently?? Hope all's well there.

I'm always here to add the pearls of wisdom from a female Manly perspective.
Vote #1 niccipops.
Although I admit the great @HappilyManly totally outdoes me in the realm of sensible and statistical posts. But we share the same passion, Manly Men. Go Manly!

Resting sounds smart, BUT, the reason why we are such a tough club to beat is because our players know how to play with injury and play through pain. I remember Terry Hill talking about Bozo when someone said they had a knock and were worried about re-injuring it. He tore strips off him infront of the group.

Now we aren't going to send him out if his knee is hanging by a thread, but if the medicos think he's fine then throw him out there. Plus its good for the player if they can store playing through pain in their memory banks. Some clubs rest players all the time and when they want them to be able to play with it in a must win game the player is tentative and doesn't help his side win a clutch game. Having that experience of pushing your body to compete when its busted is a great thing to draw on when you are up against it in a finals game.

Masked Eagle said:
Resting sounds smart, BUT, the reason why we are such a tough club to beat is because our players know how to play with injury and play through pain. I remember Terry Hill talking about Bozo when someone said they had a knock and were worried about re-injuring it. He tore strips off him infront of the group.

Now we aren't going to send him out if his knee is hanging by a thread, but if the medicos think he's fine then throw him out there. Plus its good for the player if they can store playing through pain in their memory banks. Some clubs rest players all the time and when they want them to be able to play with it in a must win game the player is tentative and doesn't help his side win a clutch game. Having that experience of pushing your body to compete when its busted is a great thing to draw on when you are up against it in a finals game.

Agreed

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4