Toovey hits out ahead of Richie Fa'aoso judiciary hearing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Toovey hits out ahead of Richie Fa'aoso judiciary hearing

Manly coach Geoff Toovey labels Fa'aoso hit 'unfortunate'

Manly forward Richie Fa'aoso is facing a four-match ban over his controversial hit on Gold Coast's Ashley Harrison.

(1:52 / 8.5MB)
MANLY coach Geoff Toovey launched a stinging attack on the NRL match review committee in the hours before forward Richie Fa'aoso faced the judiciary over a dangerous contact charge.

Fa'aoso will fight for a reduction to the grade-three charge, which resulted in Gold Coast back-rower Ashley Harrison being carried from the field in a neck brace on Saturday night.

If unsuccessful at the judiciary tonight, Fa'aoso faces a four-week suspension - a punishment Toovey feels is excessive.

Toovey implored the judiciary not to make an example of his prop as the NRL cracks down on shoulder charges, which have been outlawed.

"I hope they don't make an example because there is no example to be made,'' Toovey said just hours before Fa'aoso's hearing.

"He's come in contact with Ashley Harrison's head accidentally and he's been punished for it but we just believe that it's probably a bit too severe.

they showed Harrison the next day,he was as good as gold,unlike winterstien whatever his name is,lol,apparently he was concussed for 2 days after,and slater did make contact with his head

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
John Cartwright, Chan 7 news up here last night (when questioned).

" I hope they don't make an example of him, it was accidental and he shouldn't be there"

Interesting observation from the Titans Coach???

Surely the judiciary members must take into account last week.

Slater-illegal shoulder charge, WAS shoulder contact with head, player was badly concussed -grade 1 and Slater plays next week

Faoso - illegal shoulder charge, NO shoulder contact with head, accidental head clash, player was badly concussed.

Logic demands a similar grading at most for Richie.Given that the Slater incident will be used in evidence it would seem impossible for the grading to be any worse. What reasoning could the panel possibly use to make it more severe?

I am expecting the worst but if the to incidents are compared I cant see how the judiciary can possibly justify the grading. Is it the same panel members?

The Slater precedent will be inadmisable. We won't be allowed to slander or question the character of one of the finest individuals to ever grace the field.

I notice all of a sudden the vulture press is saying THIS is the test of the NRL stance on the shoulder charge. Not Merrit, not Slater, not Sandow but RICHIE!!!

What a f...ing joke. And they know if it is Manly they will garner even more plaudits.

Good result - downgraded to grade 2 so will only miss tomorrow night.

Well done to all concerned.

Lets have another Manly win in Gosford now:angel:

Welcome to First Grade Jesse - make it count :angel:

Good stuff. Also I reckon the judiciary was far better when it was in Phillip st in the Nsw leagues club. Right in the middle of law chambers, the courts etc. it seemed more real and had presence.

Gravitas even.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4