Toovey in strife

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'll chip in a $100 to help him pay it. Early on there were no penalties so I assumed that it was going to be like an origin game with no penalties. However all of a sudden they got 3-4 in a row completely killed our momentum

I am on my phone so can't post the full article. His comments were

"they had terrible games, terrible decisions. I can't wait until they try and explain some of them"

And then also questioned why the league didn't have the best refs in charge of the game

He can criticize the refs saying they made some poor decisions, he just can't say the did it deliberately to favor 1 side over the other.

The call not to penalize the dogs for taking out Whare was a ridiculous decision. That went to the video ref and they still got it wrong. The penalty also to make it 14 -nil was also very soft. Dogs were lying all over our players all game.

There were also a number of obstruction plays that were not picked up. There was a few times where the runner was catching the ball behind the decoy runner.

torana355 said:
We can't blame the refs for that loss.
Agree, but of course sometimes coaches say those things for political reasons, namley to put some pressure on refs for the big finals clashes. In Tooves case, maybe this, or maybe just his inexperience as head coach?

I hope he is not telling the players that's why we lost, in fact I'm sure he wouldn't.

MPC75 said:
The call not to penalize the dogs for taking out Whare was a ridiculous decision. That went to the video ref and they still got it wrong. The penalty also to make it 14 -nil was also very soft. Dogs were lying all over our players all game.

There were also a number of obstruction plays that were not picked up. There was a few times where the runner was catching the ball behind the decoy runner.
A few supporters on the grandstand where i was were also talking about this.This should be looked at by the nrl.

Just reading his comments in full. I agree with quite a few of his points

He said that they were 1m offside for that try from the scrum, anybody notice or have a view of that ?

Yeah the refs were a joke but they didn't cost us the win. It was our poor structure, or no structure , in attack that cost us. We had ample opportunity with the ball to win this and couldn't. Tooves is trying the Bozo trick and blowing up over refs to deflect the players.Maybe he should've pulled out the cement truck again.

How about when Stagg took out Whare and and after 200 replays they ruled it a knock on rather than a penalty but Wolfy got penalised for contesting the ball against Perrett.

WAMF that was a puzzle. I would have thought it would have been a penalty for taking the fullback out. He never looked at the ball. Why a scrum and not a penalty? Toovs is right in asking the big question. That game was the premier one for the weekend. Why do we have the weakest refs out there? We were dragged back 15 metres at times, and they held us down far longer than we did. There's definitely a conspiracy at work here by Harrigan, who we all know hates us with a passion.

Kiwi Eagle said:

He said that they were 1m offside for that try from the scrum, anybody notice or have a view of that ?

From what I have seen on the highlights, sadly Perrett was at least 1.5m behind the kicker.

Toovey said what the whole league community think. Harrigan and raper justify everything and are always right in bills mind

cliffylyons said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

From what I have seen on the highlights, sadly Perrett was at least 1.5m behind the kicker.
Maybe someone else was off-side?

SeaEagleRock8 said:
cliffylyons said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Maybe someone else was off-side?

I'm not sure, I'm heading to the gym soon, then I watch the replay (as much as it hurts) and take notes a nd let you know.

If yOu have a the manly iPhone app the presser is now up.
Just watched it and it's along time since we have seen tooves that angry he goes off deluxe. Bozo would of been proud I have to say I may have got wood watching it. Everything he says is on the money.

I've been saying since soo1 harrigan has to go.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
MPC75 said:

A few supporters on the grandstand where i was were also talking about this.This should be looked at by the nrl.
The obstruction you refer to is evident on every set of six.you watch around tackle 4 they run decoy runners that sit in the line. Reduce vision for the defender and commit players off the ball. I hate that play,I hope the NRL looks into it. Probably within the rules at the moment so e have to wait and see

I don't blame the refs, except for that soft penalty that allowed the Berries to go 14-nil up. I thought at the time that clinched the match. It was identical to the penalty they gave Melbourne under the posts which allowed them to lead by more than six points.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6