Toovey post match on officiating

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brissie Kid

Bencher
Can't find any video of post game comments but some here.

While Toovey was pleased with the result and refrained from asking for another 'investigation', he still wasn't happy with the men in the middle - especially after South Sydney looked to have been awarded a try after a knock on at the play-the-ball.

"I don't want to get into too much, but that's two weeks in the row where people have dropped the ball, our captain has come from 40 metres away to try and get the referees to do something but it goes unnoticed," he said.

"I don't understand. I do have some trouble with some of the interpretation and consistency but it is round two and hopefully we're all teething at the moment and it will improve."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-match-report/manly-overcome-loss-of-stewart-brothers-to-beat-south-sydney-20140314-hviot.html

We've copped some shocking decisions the last 2 weeks. Missing that knock on was amateurish. The other shocker was the missed 6 again we should have gotten late down on their line before Killers field goal attempt. I'm staggered by the Burgess try as well, footage looked pretty clear to me the Choc didn't touch the ball and they give that as a knock on 99 times out of 100. All that and we still won. Awesome effort, all heart.

Shocking decisions against us , Key players missing and we still come up with a win . 2V is simply an amazing coach !!!!

If manly get the ball stripped....call knock on.

If Manly are in the same vicinity of a passed ball....call 6 to go.

If buhrer tackles a player around the leg penalise for either 1) touching the foot , or 2)not being square.

Souths kicking a ball into a manly player is NOT to be considered 6 again for Manly.

In fact, nothing that happens can lead to 6 again for Manly.

Ave time before penalising Manly being on the ball...2.3 seconds, souffs, 4.9...then don't blow a penalty.

Annnd the list goes on and on. Hayne is either incompetent or a dead set cheat.

If manly get the ball stripped....call knock on.

If Manly are in the same vicinity of a passed ball....call 6 to go.

If buhrer tackles a player around the leg penalise for either 1) touching the foot , or 2)not being square.

Souths kicking a ball into a manly player is NOT to be considered 6 again for Manly.

In fact, nothing that happens can lead to 6 again for Manly.

Ave time before penalising Manly being on the ball...2.3 seconds, souffs, 4.9...then don't blow a penalty.

Annnd the list goes on and on. Hayne is either incompetent or a dead set cheat.

Souffs got all the 50/50 calls and Hayne was responsible for most of them. It really is infuriating when obvious mistakes are made and the guy sitting upstairs is asleep at the wheel.

The knock on in the play the ball for the try that put them in front. Missing an obvious 6 to go when a vermin player played at the ball while we were attacking their line. 5 pot plant penalties from Hayne to get the vermin out of trouble again and again.

It is no coincidence now, the last 4 major games that Hayne has controlled we have been on the wrong end of the controversy.

I am not trying to defend poor refereeing but if we all keep bagging refs and make it super hard for them then down the track people will not become referees. What do we do then? We really need to find a way to encourage them and improve their game through that process. They do plenty right and still gave to keep some control oft he game. If they get things wrong some quiet words and a fine may be all that's required. Not public castration that see them as the Gillian all the time. Tooves sprayed them which sometimes they probably deserve but is that the real answer. I don't know....

Jarrod Warea Hargreaves was playing tunnel ball again last night. Getting super quick play the balls and putting Rorters on a roll. No wonder the Dogs paid so much for Fifita. He is another that has an exemption card. But if Choc Watmough doesn't play the ball perfectly he will get pinged every time.

Not much point having two teams on the field these days. The refs seem to decide the game on too many occasions. May as well just ask them before the game who's going to win and award the points.

Jerry1 said:
Not much point having two teams on the field these days. The refs seem to decide the game on too many occasions. May as well just ask them before the game who's going to win and award the points.

My afl/richmond tigers supporting mate, often says that one of the big appeals of afl over league is that the afl umpires do not affect the outcomes of games nearly as much as the nrl refs... Now don't get me wrong, league is my no.1 winter sport, but he does have a very good point.

Need to go back to 1 ref, this 2ref system is covering up bad refereeing every week. 1 bloke should be accountable and interpretations would be more consistent.

conanu said:
Need to go back to 1 ref, this 2ref system is covering up bad refereeing every week. 1 bloke should be accountable and interpretations would be more consistent.

Hit the nail on the head with a sledgehammer

^ Obvious to everyone but the NRL. I've said it all along: the only thing worse than one idiot is two idiots, especially when they're both trying to out-idiot the other.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6